Corsair Community

Port 1 and 2 overcurrent state After update

• Administrators
2 hours ago, Logidoggy said:

Odd. I received an iCue update today and it appears to have fixed all my issues. No more temperature sensor overcurrent, all fans and systems recognized.

I'll keep an eye on it for the next few days and report back if that changes.

iCUE  5.10.82 release notes just went live. Under DIY Product Enhancements:

• Improved notifications related to iCUE LINK System Hub and its over-current protection warning

• Like 1

I would also like to say for those that use preset fan curves like me be sure to switch from qx balanced for example to icue link balanced it no longer controls the fan on qx idk why it has those options I noticed when my cpu was running hotter then usual.

Still not fixed for me either.

Corsair should be hanging their heads in shame with this disasterous and expensive junk they've rolled out.

I have been following up with support on my ticket as well for a month as I have 4 fans not lighting up from the link display port where as my 2 ram sticks, front mounted QX 3 fans and icue 150 cooler mounted head unit is lighting up with color. I had 2 link display units and tried swapping them out still same issue as most of the people posting here where you at times get a overcurrent display message. Countless fresh installs have been made of icue and updates, nothing. Is anyone able to list their trouble shooting steps if they got theirs to work?

1 hour ago, ashres3 said:

I have been following up with support on my ticket as well for a month as I have 4 fans not lighting up from the link display port where as my 2 ram sticks, front mounted QX 3 fans and icue 150 cooler mounted head unit is lighting up with color. I had 2 link display units and tried swapping them out still same issue as most of the people posting here where you at times get a overcurrent display message. Countless fresh installs have been made of icue and updates, nothing. Is anyone able to list their trouble shooting steps if they got theirs to work?

For the 4 fans not lighting up have you tried plugging it in the other side of the fans where you have it plugged in now to see if it will light up I had the same problem fixed it by doing that. Btw sorry if this sounds confusing I’m not good at explaining things.

My first post here - figured I would get in on the fun.  Brand new build.  Initially I started with 14900k, Corsair h150i Link, QX120 starter kit and 1 additional QX120 for exhaust.  14900k was running crazy hot and before I attempted undervolting I went ahead and bought another 120 for exhaust, added the original 120 starter pack to the back of the rad for more exhaust then bought (3) qx140's for intake.  I tinkered with undervolting while waiting on the additional fans to be delivered which worked for the most part. Additional fans came in last week and I now have the pump, 3fans on the front of the rad and 3 fans on the back of the rad on one port (which side is port 1 or 2?) Then 5 on the other port.  Today was the first time I received a sensor alert.  Tried adding another ICUE link hub (made a complete mess of my existing wiring) but I still receive the same error.  Contacted chat support and suggested a reboot.  Rebooted and received the same alerts.  Given the price of these fans I gotta say its a bit irritating to be dealing with this.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, powlikethat said:

My first post here - figured I would get in on the fun.  Brand new build.  Initially I started with 14900k, Corsair h150i Link, QX120 starter kit and 1 additional QX120 for exhaust.  14900k was running crazy hot and before I attempted undervolting I went ahead and bought another 120 for exhaust, added the original 120 starter pack to the back of the rad for more exhaust then bought (3) qx140's for intake.  I tinkered with undervolting while waiting on the additional fans to be delivered which worked for the most part. Additional fans came in last week and I now have the pump, 3fans on the front of the rad and 3 fans on the back of the rad on one port (which side is port 1 or 2?) Then 5 on the other port.  Today was the first time I received a sensor alert.  Tried adding another ICUE link hub (made a complete mess of my existing wiring) but I still receive the same error.  Contacted chat support and suggested a reboot.  Rebooted and received the same alerts.  Given the price of these fans I gotta say its a bit irritating to be dealing with this.  

I know it sucks it just a waiting game at this point till they actually put in the effort to patch this issue which shouldn’t have happened for such a high costing product and I bet you they would have it fixed in a day if someone well known with a good reputation spoke up about it.All I have is the AIO with 3fans and I’m getting those alerts and it’s suppose to be 17fans per hub.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Elite43 said:

I know it sucks it just a waiting game at this point till they actually put in the effort to patch this issue which shouldn’t have happened for such a high costing product and I bet you they would have it fixed in a day if someone well known with a good reputation spoke up about it.All I have is the AIO with 3fans and I’m getting those alerts and it’s suppose to be 17fans per hub.

That is sad the world we now live in but I agree.  If Linus Tech Tips released even a youtube short on the problem, the issue likely would be resolved. 

• Like 1

Opened a ticket (#2006717129). Same Issue here Link System Hub Port 1 and 2 sensor Overcurrent. I purchased the Link with 3 QX Fans around the First of December. I only have the 3 fans connected to the link. I started receiving this error 2 weeks ago and nothing had changed on my system other then a few windows update. I also have an AOI GPU cooler H100 running on a separate Corsair box, not a link box.

System OS: Windows Edition:11 Version: 22h2 OS Build:22621.3001 
System Hardware:
   Processor: 13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-13700KF   3.40 GHz
   Motherboard: Asrock livemixer Z790
   Ram: G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 64GB (2 x 32GB) 
   Graphics Card: ASUS TUF Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4070 Ti OC
   Power Supply: Corsair RM1000x (2021) Fully Modular ATX Power Supply - 80 PLUS Gold
ICue Sofware Version: 5.10.82

Link System
    FIrmware: 1.6.336

H100i Elite LCD XT
   Liquid Cooler Firmware Version:2.0.19
   Elite LCD Firmware version: 2.0.0.3

On 1/5/2024 at 11:56 AM, Elite43 said:

So far so good for me I had to shutdown fully after the update to clear the codes hadn’t got one since.

I had to move my PC so after been completely disconnected for the half of the day, it has been 3 days so far without any alert on iCue, don't know why but this seems to work.

Edited by heysoo5

1 hour ago, heysoo5 said:

I had to move my PC so after been completely disconnected for the half of the day, it has been 3 days so far without any alert on iCue, don't know why but this seems to work.

LOL... just restarted the PC and now I have 4 alerts, one for each port, I have two hubs but not using all the ports... 

7 hours ago, heysoo5 said:

LOL... just restarted the PC and now I have 4 alerts, one for each port, I have two hubs but not using all the ports... 

I had sort of the same thing. After contacting Support I needed the lot-number of the hub. I disconnected it, took a picture of the back and reconnected it. Afterwards, no errors anymore….that lasted a day;  At first only port 1 came back with the error and the day after also port 2.

I recently built my first computer - specifically picked corsair bc of the icue and figured why not make my life easier with the link... 

ive been having similar issues with the cosair.  i even bought their stupid little hub expansion when i didnt need it to help distribute the power load and, i am afraid to report i got a similar error again.  - it isnt affecting anything on my system but it sure is annoying  

asus z790-i

4070 ti oc tuf

64 gig 6400 cosair

115i aio w/ lcd upgrade

4 additional qx140's 

Just bought the QX fans a few days ago. they have been working fine but now i am getting this exact error. it asked to update firmware from 1.1 something to 1.6.366 and now i get the overvoltage error on ports 1 and 2.... i am only using 3 fans in the system. if i knew about this i would have not bought them....

Same issue for me too.

Have also tried 3 different hubs and all have the port 1 and 2 overcurrent warnings.

Your new ilink fans and AIOs are very expensive 

This needs fixing corsair.