Corsair Community

Port 1 and 2 overcurrent state After update

Installed new Hub (before seeing this thread!) - new Hub was ok for two weeks, but is manifesting this issue again. Currently says just Port 2 in Overcurrent state, but previous Hub started with just Port 2, but then showed both Port 2 and Port 1 in overcurrent even though only one of the ports is used.

8 hours ago, PascalGroen said:

Just noticed iCue version 5.11.95 is available, will install after work is done tonight.
Anyone else allready tested it by any chance?

I  can’t see this update… how did you find it?

18 hours ago, phollin2 said:

I  can’t see this update… how did you find it?

I checked for update's in iCUE, there it popped up.

Installed the update yesterday after work, but the error still occurs on both ports.
Last update on my ticket with Corsair about the issue is from january 19th:

I've forwarded this feedback over to the iCUE team. As mentioned, this is a false positive error and should not affect your overall system negatively. I'm hoping this issue will be resolved soon.

Fortunatly everything seems to work (AIO and fans), but it's not a great start for me with Corsair as a first-time user of their products on wich you pay a hefty "Corsair-tax".

3 hours ago, PascalGroen said:

I checked for update's in iCUE, there it popped up.

Installed the update yesterday after work, but the error still occurs on both ports.
Last update on my ticket with Corsair about the issue is from january 19th:

I've forwarded this feedback over to the iCUE team. As mentioned, this is a false positive error and should not affect your overall system negatively. I'm hoping this issue will be resolved soon.

Fortunatly everything seems to work (AIO and fans), but it's not a great start for me with Corsair as a first-time user of their products on wich you pay a hefty "Corsair-tax".

Hi yes - they told me the same - but only after they told me I needed to replace the cooler and then that a complete reinstall of windows was required and would fix the issue. Several hours of reinstalling windows later and I had the same problem!. So infuriating.... I have been back and forth with  corsair for over a month, sometimes waiting 6/7/8 days for them to reply.  I am not sure why they didn't just say it was known fault first time around

I have installed latest update and get the same error.

Same thing here. System is two days old. Has one link hub, h150i and the 3 fans that came with it. That's all that's connected. Day 3 of the system being built this pops up in icue. I shutdown everything and forced it to update and it's cleared the notification for the moment but after reading through all of this, I'm a tad worried now. Didn't seem like it was affecting my system but in the event that it does, will submit a ticket. 

Any other recent developments from the the OP on this? 

Also not sure if it helped but I kept Asus Armoury Crate closed after I forced the corsair hub firmware update 

9 hours ago, Deaglenest said:

Same thing here. System is two days old. Has one link hub, h150i and the 3 fans that came with it. That's all that's connected. Day 3 of the system being built this pops up in icue. I shutdown everything and forced it to update and it's cleared the notification for the moment but after reading through all of this, I'm a tad worried now. Didn't seem like it was affecting my system but in the event that it does, will submit a ticket. 

So far I can see, my system is not affectet either, but it's damn annoying for sych a premium product.

8 hours ago, Deaglenest said:

Also not sure if it helped but I kept Asus Armoury Crate closed after I forced the corsair hub firmware update 

With or without Armory Crate didn't seem to matter for me. Even without it being installed the error pops up.

NM. Double post 

Edited by Deaglenest

2 minutes ago, PascalGroen said:

So far I can see, my system is not affectet either, but it's damn annoying for sych a premium product.

With or without Armory Crate didn't seem to matter for me. Even without it being installed the error pops up.

Yup, popped right back up for me after running one game for an hour. Super annoying.. 

30 minutes ago, PascalGroen said:

Would also like to ask you, how are you sure your system isn't being affected. I usually close out of icue when I game because it's just a resource hog and I'll open it back up afterwards and there they are. The overcurrent notifications. I, like many others in here, don't even have anything plugged in to port 2 of the link hub but it's throwing notifications on both ports..Guess I'll make a ticket as well. I can't imagine iCUE thinking what it thinks can be good long term. 

On 2/1/2024 at 11:24 AM, thenameiszac said:

What's weird is...

IF I shut down the PC, and turn off the power supply and power it back on, issue seems to have resolved itself...

I'll wait till it pops up again!

Have you had your notification since cycling the power supply? 

10 minutes ago, PowerDreamer33 said:

Same issue's here .. and I also can't update my Link System Hub .. I bought the new AIO and have this issue's from day one 😞

Is your system still currently working correctly aside from not being able to update? 

2 hours ago, PowerDreamer33 said:

If I don't try to do the update, then yes - I can control everything. 

When I try to update, then iCUE will freeze or kick out the Devices (just in terms of overview) Pump etc. are still working fine. 

Interesting. Thank you for the reply 

• Like 1

On 2/3/2024 at 6:19 AM, Deaglenest said:

Any other recent developments from the the OP on this? 

I'm still in the same boat as everyone else, I randomly post how many days its been since the problem started for me in this post just as a reminder of how long its been going on

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Neozen666 said:

I'm still in the same boat as everyone else, I randomly post how many days its been since the problem started for me in this post just as a reminder of how long its been going on

Does your system function. Are you able to use it? 

16 hours ago, Neozen666 said:

the temps seem to be higher than the first few months before the error started  but i am using it currently.

This is my worry also.