Corsair Community

h100i elite capellix pump failure after update

Go to solution Solved by c-attack,

Hello, I've gone through the forums and did my updates to my system and everything but I'm getting a pump failure warning. I also cleaned out my pc and continue to get the error.

When I updated my icue it said pump failure and shut me down. I'm unsure what my temps should be on my pc, and am unsure how to tell if the pump is truly failing or if it is some other issue. sorry I'm kind of a noob when it comes to pc hardware.

If ya'll could help me figure out if I need to replace this I'd be very grateful.

my build:

CPU    AMD Ryzen 5 3600X 3.8 GHz 6-Core Processor

CPU Cooler    CORSAIR iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX WHITE, 240mm Radiator, Liquid CPU Cooler, White, CW-9060050-WW LGA 1700 Compatible

Motherboard    Asus PRIME X570-PRO ATX AM4 Motherboard

Memory    Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL 16 Memory

Storage    Samsung 970 Evo Plus 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive

Video Card    Zotac GeForce RTX 3070 8 GB GAMING Twin Edge OC Video Card

Case    Corsair iCUE 4000X RGB ATX Mid Tower Case (white)

Power Supply    Corsair RMX White Series (2018), RM750x, 750 Watt, 80+ Gold Certified, Fully Modular Power Supply - White

Case Fan    Corsair LL120 63 CFM 120 mm Fans 3-Pack

Current temps rtx 3080 Fan #3 137.8 F Fan #2 129.2 Fan #1 118.4
AMD Ryzen 84F

h100i Pump 0 RPM
h100i temp -35.7F

All 5 fans are around 2250-2350 rpm

Going to shut off the pc now and hope I can boot it up without error next time.

• Solution

If you have a genuine pump fail, you'll see the CPU shoot upwards at rapid pace.  50..55..50..65.. ..85..95..105..forced MB shutdown.  If the pump is stopped, the small amount of liquid in the CPU block heats up and stays trapped there.  That condition will persist across multiple boot tries and you'll see 90C+ as soon as you enter the BIOS.  You must wait hours for the heat to dissipate naturally so you can get another try.  Often you will get a CPU Fan error if you have the tachometer connected to the CPU Fan header.  

Unfortunately, there is a "false pump fail" condition that can exist on the Capellix series.  The CUE software will consistently say "pump fail" but the pump is still running and the CPU temps fine.  The problem is you lose control over the Commander Core and anything attached.  Neither situation is functional and both require replacement, so I think it's a good idea to start a Support Ticket with Corsair to get the ball rolling.

The link is at the bottom of the page "Customer Support" or go through the main Corsair.com website.

Ah unfortunate.

I went to file a ticket earlier, however, I threw my packaging away a long time ago, so I don't have the model #.

Which I assume means I need to buy a new one altogether.