Corsair Community

The iCUE dont detect the Corsair 3000D airflow RGB fans and the H100 RGB (240mm) pump and fans

The problem belongs to a friend of mine and she needs help.
 She installed iCUE to customizing the RGB of the case fans (AR120 RGB) and the pump and fans (SP120 RGB ELITE PWM) of the liquid cooling, they are not detected by the iCUE and is having problems with that

The motherboard is the ASUS TUF GAMING B760 PLUS WIFI and the fans are connected by the adapters that are included in the packcage (via 5v+)

The only thing that iCUE detects is the Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 32GB 2x16GB CL36 RAM

Here is a summary because I explain myself poorly when doing this type of thing: The Corsair 3000D RGB AIRFLOW and the H100 RGB are not detected by the iCUE and the fan and pump colors cannot be changed

iCUE version: 5.12

PC specs: Intel Core i5-12400F 2.5 GHz / ASUS TUF GAMING B760 PLUS WIFI / Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 32GB 2x16GB CL36 / Black Corsair 3000D RGB AIRFLOW Tempered glass USB 3.2 / Corsair H100 RGB 240mm Liquid CPU Cooler / Corsair RMe Series RM750e 750W 80 Plus Gold Modular / MSI GeForce RTX 3060 VENTUS 2X OC LHR 12GB GDDR6 / Kingston NV2 2TB SSD PCIe 4.0 NVMe Gen 4x4

I can answer your questions because the corsair support is taking time (via ticket)

Product link: -CPU cooling: H100 RGB 240mm Liquid CPU Cooler (corsair.com) / -PC case: Chasis para PC semitorre 3000D RGB AIRFLOW, negro | CORSAIR

She need a RGB controller for that?

Edited by Trotuman26

Exactly which H100 do you have? There are several "flavors" of H100. If it supports iCUE, it will come with the controller that you need.

This version: https://www.corsair.com/ww/en/p/cpu-coolers/cw-9060053-ww/h100-rgb-240mm-liquid-cpu-cooler-cw-9060053-ww does not support iCUE control; it connects to the motherboard and is controlled by the motherboard RGB.

The AR fans are a divergence from the normal Corsair ecosystem and were designed to connect to the motherboard 5v rgb headers and thus be controlled by the manufacturer’s RGB control program — Armory Crate. She will need to use that to alter color patterns. 

It’s likely the above prediction about the AIO is also true and that will be Armory Crate controlled as well. That may work out for the best and it won’t be necessary to run CUE all the time. It can be used to set a hardware lighting pattern for the RAM, then remove it from the start up sequence in the CUE app or Windows settings. You might be able to control RAM LEDs from Armory Crate as well, if CUE is not installed but that is something that has been a little hit or miss lately.