Corsair Community

Elite LCD Megathread

On 6/17/2022 at 12:16 PM, shocksim said:

I would try using a different program to rotate and save instead of using the windows built in rotation. I used to rotate images for testing using Photoshop (overkill but it worked) when we were speccing out the rotation. 

That said, rotation is coming in 4.25 which is set for release likely last week of June.

I just want to know when the version 4.25 wil come?

The screen rotation is what i want!

7 hours ago, jackieyr said:

I just want to know when the version 4.25 wil come?

The screen rotation is what i want!

I just hope 4.25 fixes the red triangle error. I feel like that should be top priority from Corsair 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, seikojin said:

It has looked like the last thursday of the month is their typical release cycle.  So June 30th.

I sure hope so! Here's hoping it finally fixes red triangle error.

• Like 1

So after rmaing just the commander core at first, the lcd upgrade kit secondly and the whole aio package finally, my lcd upgrade kit works for a week now as intended!!!!  Maybe some of you guys should try and replace the whole aio.  I know its a pain in the a#@ but it worked for me finally.

On 6/29/2022 at 12:00 PM, Isouljah14 said:

So after rmaing just the commander core at first, the lcd upgrade kit secondly and the whole aio package finally, my lcd upgrade kit works for a week now as intended!!!!  Maybe some of you guys should try and replace the whole aio.  I know its a pain in the a#@ but it worked for me finally.

You used a brand new AIO or did you just go through the whole process of physically removing the one you already owned, restarting the computer to ensure it doesnt show up and then reinstalling each one of those things (AIO/Upgrade Kit/Commander Core)? It def sounds like a pain in the a$$ but at this point I'm willing to try it.

4 hours ago, seikojin said:

Looks like no go for june. I am a professional tester with over 25 years of experience if ya'll need some help. 😄

me too, been testing since the early 90s, i offered help too months ago but was told that they have their own internal QA team, i had to do everything not to laugh 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, seikojin said:

Looks like no go for june. I am a professional tester with over 25 years of experience if ya'll need some help. 😄

4 hours ago, Rizlah said:

me too, been testing since the early 90s, i offered help too months ago but was told that they have their own internal QA team, i had to do everything not to laugh 🙂

Only 10 years here...but that makes 3 of us with the experience 🤣

I never reached out to Corsair specifically to help, but I've offered help to teams before and get the same "we have our own QA team" response.

Oh well...I'll just keep ignoring this red ring of death on the LCD screen. Not sure if anyone else has this but I only see it when iCue is open. If I force iCue to close the screen shows the Gif I originally set before all of this happened.

• Like 2

As a customer, the thought when a company says one deadline frame and misses it: they don't listen, they don't care, they lie...

As a QA, it becomes, deadline missed, then guess there was something that failed to pass tests.

We also know that if they REALLY wanted to hit a deadline, they would release it, regardless of some failing tests.  Money talks, features and bugs walk.  Hopefully some rep lets us know when the real release time will stand up. 🙂

• Like 1

• Corsair Employee

We hear you guys. The frustration is understood.

An iCUE version that provides more issues than fixes would not be in the best interest. We're doing our best to get a quality update out to you guys, and currently looking look at mid-July.

• Like 3

Hey guys so I just picked up the H150i Elite LCD Aio. I had to go through 5 of them to finnaly get one to work, all of them came from bestbuy here in the states. 

The first one, I got the red triangle, tried to Troubleshoot it as much as I could, uninstalled icue, reinstalled icue, nothting to no avil. 

2nd same thing, this time did a clean install of W11 pro, same damm issues!!!

3rd same thing, but this time I started to mess around with the wires from the LCD screen to the commander thingy. 

This time I noticed that the connector from the lcd screen to the commander, did not really fit the right way, no matter how I tried to push it in, it was not really going into the commander??? 

4th one same isssues, the connector did not sit flush into the commander. I started to play around with it?

So I started up my rig, and at the same time I was holding and pushing in the LCD connector into the commander. 

By me doing this, it resolved all the issues I had with this AIO.

At first I thought it was software related, but having to try 5 brand new devices. it is leading me to belive that this is a hardware issue with the LCD connector and the commander that it comes with????

I hope this helps someone out, this resloved my issues with this device, I pretty much jerry rigged it with some duck tape for the mean time. I will be contacting Corsair CS service next weedk to see what they could do to fix this issue with there device. 

1 hour ago, Corsair Albert said:

We hear you guys. The frustration is understood.

An iCUE version that provides more issues than fixes would not be in the best interest. We're doing our best to get a quality update out to you guys, and currently looking look at mid-July.

Thanks for the update.  Hopefully this fixes the red triangle I've had since April. 

• Like 1

On 6/30/2022 at 1:26 PM, Infamous_sco said:

You used a brand new AIO or did you just go through the whole process of physically removing the one you already owned, restarting the computer to ensure it doesnt show up and then reinstalling each one of those things (AIO/Upgrade Kit/Commander Core)? It def sounds like a pain in the a$$ but at this point I'm willing to try it.

After every rma i was testing every possible solution.  When i first installed the kit my commander core burned since my fans weren;t working.  When i installed the new one liquid temps were showing like 20 degrees down so i thought it was the kit's fault.  I replaced the kit.  At last i thought it might be the pins on the pump block so i asked for a new package which apparently worked just fine.  From my adventure i believe it is a hw error too.

• Thanks 1

Hey, dear Corsair.

Can You may be tell us when we will have any updates, patches, or something that can make this 349€ scrap metal work properly?

I have this issue since 26.04, as i updated my ICUE. That is not fun anymore. Guys, we have invested tons of money i your company as a clients. What we have now - just nothing.

1 LCD Firmware update, which i cant install because i dont have LCD in ICUE at all and it crashes ICUE every time? 1 ICUE Update, that fixed nothing for us?

It looks like joke.

I have just wasted a lot of my life hours to try this all solutions from forum. Nothing helps at all. It is no more patience and respect to this situation. This all is just terrible. But You dont care, as i see. Selling this defective piece of happiness in full power and telling us fairytails about some updates in June. This is already July, just for info.

That way to respect own customers i can undersent. No respect, no responsibility, no tests before selling of AIO, nothing. Just pure moneymaking strategie with spit in our faces.

We all need to know WHEN we will have our paid money working!!!!!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Keawon said:

Corsair replied 5 post up. Mid July they said.

Before it was End of June. I dont trust anymore.

Edited by V01N.666
  • Like 1

On 7/3/2022 at 4:40 AM, V01N.666 said:

I don't blame you. This product release has been a complete dumpster fire from the beginning. I cannot understand how Corsair could have ever thought that this product was ready for release, or why they have not at least pulled them from the market once they were hit with a tidal wave of complaints. They seem to be in totally over their heads with this, but they are still happy to sell these to unsuspecting customers who are dazzled by their pretty display. It's pathetic.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, SpeedyV said:

I don't blame you. This product release has been a complete dumpster fire from the beginning. I cannot understand how Corsair could have ever thought that this product was ready for release, or why they have not at least pulled them from the market once they were hit with a tidal wave of complaints. They seem to be in totally over their heads with this, but they are still happy to sell these to unsuspecting customers who are dazzled by their pretty display. It's pathetic.

TBF.. your post history gives you away on your true intentions here. sorry.. but factful.

but here is my experience.

4 of these running in rigs in my house. zero issues i couldnt sort.. have also installed many of them for others. again. zero issues. i have a discord server with over 1600 members. we have helped  users that did haves issues. most of them was down to hw conflicts or connectors not fully seated.. one or two have had to RMA. but that is one or two out of hundreds we have dealt with. 

remember. the people that do have issues that come here for help do not in anyway represent the true number of units sold. the happy people are too busy being happy to come here to sing songs of praise, its a one sided picture. 

i do feel for the people that have had issues that havnt made progress. but i will list below what we have seen work

not all motherboards (mostly AMD) are happy using the USB splitter. it causes the LCD to disconnect somehow.
use of another usb header or the NZXT internal usb hub helps

making sure the main connector is fully seated.

never hot swap cables.. ever.

hope peeps get sorted, 

NOTE.. I do not work for Corsair. i was not paid to say this. just a factful credible post..

Nice to be nice eh

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Zotty said:

TBF.. your post history gives you away on your true intentions here. sorry.. but factful.

4 of these running in rigs in my house. zero issues i couldnt sort.. have also installed many of them for others. again. zero issues. i have a discord server with over 1600 members. we have helped  users that did haves issues. most of them was down to hw conflicts or connectors not fully seated.. one or two have had to RMA. but that is one or two out of hundreds we have dealt with. 

remember. the people that do have issues that come here for help do not in anyway represent the true number of units sold. the happy people are too busy being happy to come here to sing songs of praise, its a one sided picture. 

i do feel for the people that have had issues that havnt made progress. but i will list below what we have seen work

not all motherboards (mostly AMD) are happy using the USB splitter. it causes the LCD to disconnect somehow.

hope peeps get sorted, 

NOTE.. I do not work for Corsair. i was not paid to say this. just a factful credible post..

Nice to be nice eh

I had the same issue. Now, I have no other issues with the LCD. If anything, it's iCUE being weird.

I'm was on my 3rd LCD, the white LCD Upgrade. So far, so good. Knock on wood! I just hope flickering doesn't come back. It happened with the previous 2 LCDs after 3 months.

I had the black LCD upgrade since Jan, and it developed flickering and disconnecting, help center wanted a video to confirm my issue and was able to RMA it, Got the replacement and it too, developed flickering after 3 months. I tried updating my USB controller and bios, it helped lessen the disconnecting, but I still had issues with the LCD disconnecting every once and awhile, 

I guess there was something going wonky with the y-cable. Someone here suggested the NZXT internal usb hub, so I got the NZXT internal USB hub and it eliminated the disconnects, I'm on a Asus Intel Z690.

• Like 1

On 7/3/2022 at 1:40 AM, V01N.666 said:

On 7/7/2022 at 1:51 PM, SpeedyV said:

As much as I dislike the way things are, I never felt that it was this level of disdain.

My disappointment is immeasurable, and my day is ruined. 😄

On 7/7/2022 at 10:22 PM, Zotty said:

hope peeps get sorted, 

Nice to be nice eh

agree with you, i had to use the nzxt to get mine to work, but that was not the only fix, the long connector wasnt seated into the commander properly, which i found quite quickly, it took a while to figure out each of the issues, but i got there with it eventually, i did have to rma one of mine but that was due to me removing the screen from the pump while it was still on, so that was my fault, just happy corsair replaced it for me.

I had one of the first upgraede kits in the UK having bought mine at the end of last year, it took me until about march to get it working, but now that i have it hasnt missed a beat,

• Like 1

I just recently picked up a 170i and started to recall some of the same power issues I've had with other Corsair AIOs. Various aspects of the device would stop working but not all at the same time; pump/device errors, blank lcd screen. I have a cheapish internal USB hub that apparently the 170i just didn't like. After plugging it directly into the motherboard everything is working flawless.

Others mentioned the NZXT hub helps, I might look into that.

Seems that most of these issues people are having come down to USB power, but think they are glitches that need to be RMA'd.

• Like 1

Does this 150i need to be plugged in directly to the motherboard not he commander core to update ?,,, if so,, where in the board, the only place i can see it might even fit is the"JTBT1" plug,which shows that its the Thunderbolt add on card connector, i have a Msi Z690 edge motherboard.

• Corsair Employee
23 hours ago, Jben04 said:

Does this 150i need to be plugged in directly to the motherboard not he commander core to update ?,,, if so,, where in the board, the only place i can see it might even fit is the"JTBT1" plug,which shows that its the Thunderbolt add on card connector, i have a Msi Z690 edge motherboard.

The ELITE LCD coolers as a whole (including COMMANDER CORE) connects to two USB 2.0 headers (or one via included splitter) on your motherboard. You can find video guidance on setup below.