Corsair Community

Elite LCD Megathread

So...mine finally got fixed, however it has nothing to do with the iCue update. I am actually afraid that the update will break it again.

It took over a month but here's what I did. Heads up, Corsair has a lot of tickets so response time is not quick but they will respond:

1. I submitted a ticket with corsair (June 24th 2022) and let them know exactly what happened and what I did. 
  2. About a week later I got a response telling me to try the different things we have all done on this thread (perform a repair, a clean install, check the wires, etc). This did not help, and I let the Corsair rep know it did not change anything and also included how I have all my connections set up.
  3. About a week after that, the rep concluded that he thought the issue was the commander core itself and was sending a replacement since I just purchased my parts. I had to show proof of purchase, a photo of the serial/part codes from the commander core, and confirm my shipping address and phone number.
  4. Another week passed and I was given a routing number. I thanked the representative and asked if there were any special instructions (having to do the repair, clean install, etc). The Corsair rep said all I had to do was make sure the PC was completely powered off, no need to uninstall iCue.

My replacement Commander Core arrived today (July 25 2022) and it seems like my issues are gone. I know others have mentioned they've replaced parts with no fix so this may not work for everyone. I only replaced the Commander Core. 

I hope this helps some of you on the thread, hopefully replacing the commander core resolves your issue. I just hope updating iCue will not bring back the red ring (I am still on 4.25.155). Good luck all!

Shout out to the Corsair Rep Mark who helped me with this issue.

Edited by Infamous_sco
Added dates

4 hours ago, vagm3 said:

I have the h150 elite  lcd with ryzen 5900x and only load and package sensors in dashboard but not cpu temp

anyone with same issue??

1658778568247.jpg

That’s all that has ever shown on mine for the 5900x, it’s not an issue, it’s just how it is.  Most of the temp readings are shown under the motherboards sensors (ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.  ROG CROSSHAIR VIII DARK HERO)

Edited by Parksie

On 3/1/2022 at 8:11 AM, Corsair Nick said:

Future Plans

1. Image/Screen Rotation
    • We encountered performance-related issues during our first attempt at implementing this via firmware during development. We are approaching the problem differently and addressing it via software.
    • Release Timeframe: June 2022 iCUE Release 4.25

It's July and we're on v4.26.110.  I just installed the Elite LCD Upgrade Kit on my H100i Elite Capellix.  I do not see this option in the software.

Had I known that this Corsir hardware didn't have this basic capability, I would have purchased a NZXT Kraken Z53 instead.  I'm a few days outside the return period for the H100i so I'm now stuck with it.

4 hours ago, Synomenon said:

It's July and we're on v4.26.110.  I just installed the Elite LCD Upgrade Kit on my H100i Elite Capellix.  I do not see this option in the software.

Had I known that this Corsir hardware didn't have this basic capability, I would have purchased a NZXT Kraken Z53 instead.  I'm a few days outside the return period for the H100i so I'm now stuck with it.

It’s in there, just maybe not the full version that was expected (but never promised). You can rotate images and gifs only.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Parksie said:

It’s in there, just maybe not the full version that was expected (but never promised). You can rotate images and gifs only.

It isn't there for me and I am on 4.26.  The release notes for 4.25 doesn't identify the fix for people trying to get the lcd to show pictures, so it isn't there for everyone.

Ok I'm going to air my frustrations on here doubt it will change anything but I am disappointed. most of us bought this upgrade because of the screen, I know i did. I cant tell you how many times I've had to tear my computer down and reassemble it due to this "add on" LCD update screen on my Capellix cooler. I've even had to replace my cooler because of it (yes under warranty but still).  I've installed update after update thinking this would be the magic fix to getting the option to have a screen and its been one disappointment after the other. I have uninstalled and reinstalled clean versions of iCue software and still end up with the same result. We've all have paid money for these upgrade kits and I'm sorry but I didn't pay  almost $150 bucks to look and see my liquid temp reading. My entire PC build has been built around Corsiar products and I've paid good money for that too.  I understand some things take time but there has been people waiting MONTHS for some kind of fix. Quiet frankly I'm losing my faith in these products especially when I can pick something else from another manufacture and use those just the same. For the love of mankind this cant be that difficult..this is what YOU DO!! If nothing is working to fix these then bite the bullet and do a recall on them if that's an option but doing nothing or an update once a month to see if it works isn't the answer all us "customers" are looking for. Installed  V4.26 and still no change, no screen option..going on month 3!!

Desktop Screenshot 2022.07.26 - 17.46.13.23.png

Worst part of this is that its not even an aesthetic thing, with iCUE the pump runs at 2000RPM, without it 2400RPM, so you can't even get all the performance out of the cooler.  On my system the pump doesn't even start unless I power cycle.

Nice nice nice, 4.26 Update without any fixes for the issue with the triangle of the death.

Corsair, what is wrong with You. This ist just not funny anymore.

Will that 359€ scrap metal work properly? Or can we forget? I just don’t believe your fairytales anymore. That corporate policy is just ugly and terrible.

my frustration is on maximum level now.

that kind of disrespect to your Users will be never forgotten! Shame on you.

All I feel is the spit on my face from your Company, that’s all.

The best point of this situation ist that fact, that Corsair is still selling that broken and useless device in full power.

Because money don’t smell, because user’s comments are not counted.

We are investing millions in this Company.

What we got? Exactly nothing, only a pair of nice stories, that this piece of —— will be fixed.

HaHa, nice try, but wait I need to wash me from your lie, because it is disgusting. I really have no words to describe how strong I hate this since 26.04, as I have updated my device.

Just a suggestion for Corsair  4,27 / 4,28 / 4,29? 2022 / 2023 / 2024 / or never ? Choose your favourite number to lie about fixes more. This what we have is not enough, as I can see.

Official statement about issue, where probably thousands of people are !??Nooooo, why? It’s okay, gamers paid their price, money are earned, we can forget. Better we will produce another peace of scrap. That is what I feel all the time.

• Like 1

New LCD screen update seems to have fixed the red triangle in my config. I had built a brand new PC with the h150i elite specifically for the screen and the fact my builds are mostly corsair. After initial setup I only got the triangle. An hour or two of troubleshooting and I got it working. Only for it to sometimes work and sometimes absolutely refuse. On the 26th it stopped entirely. came home from work and new update did nothing at first. After a minute it would flash back and forth, and now it's holding steady. Let's see how long it lasts.

9 hours ago, seikojin said:

It isn't there for me and I am on 4.26.  The release notes for 4.25 doesn't identify the fix for people trying to get the lcd to show pictures, so it isn't there for everyone.

Where did I or the other person mention not showing pictures? Read what I responded to, it was about rotating images and nothing to do with it fixing not showing pictures

9 hours ago, Cruizin-through said:

New LCD screen update seems to have fixed the red triangle in my config. I had built a brand new PC with the h150i elite specifically for the screen and the fact my builds are mostly corsair. After initial setup I only got the triangle. An hour or two of troubleshooting and I got it working. Only for it to sometimes work and sometimes absolutely refuse. On the 26th it stopped entirely. came home from work and new update did nothing at first. After a minute it would flash back and forth, and now it's holding steady. Let's see how long it lasts.

Well that didn't last long. After a bit it just kept switching from my gif to the triangle. Now it's stuck on the triangle again.

8 minutes ago, Corsair Nick said:

Wanted to give you all a quick update.  As you have seen we released iCUE 4.25.155 and 4.26.110 in the past couple weeks, and we've included some fixes and enhancements.  iCUE 4.25.155 should improve functionality for most of you as it removed the Serial Number Verification which we outlined previously in the thread.  This wasn't explicitly listed in the release notes, but it was included.

If you are continuing to experience detection or error issues (Orange Triangle) after updating to the latest version of iCUE and going through the troubleshooting steps in the first post, we recommend that you contact support to begin the RMA process.  You can submit a ticket through the link below and one of the Technical Support Agents can assist you with getting a replacement unit:

https://support.corsair.com/

With iCUE Release 4.26.110, we've enhanced the functionality to allow customers to rotate custom images and gifs they have uploaded.  I've brought up the suggestions from some of you about expanding this to the default screens to our internal teams to evaluate.  If there are any updates, we'll be sure to let you know.

It's not the commander cores, there's some who have gotten replacements and the issue is still not fixed, I bought a whole nother h170i and relieved my current commander core and still face the same issue, so RMA something that isn't a hardware issue is pointless, it's a complete software disaster.

For the fact that the screen can still be modified when you force a firmware update and it works for a second, it the fact that images/gif can be brought on the LCD by closing icue completely, it's got to be 1000% software.  The only thing that isn't working as well as the LCD are the LED ring.

RMAing commander cores isn't going to fix this, I'm about to go with another LCD brand that doesn't have all these issues, $300 waste.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cruizin-through said:

Well that didn't last long. After a bit it just kept switching from my gif to the triangle. Now it's stuck on the triangle again.

Decided to crack open the case again. Put the LCD on it's own into the motherboard and the rest of the usb connections for my Core, Core XT, and Lighting Node Pro onto the NZXT internal hub. Works again so far, no flickering to the triangle. Before when I tried this only the core was recognized and not the pump. Fingers crossed it's working for good.

Also know someone else who got a brand new H170i LCD, in a different province as me, with the exact same issues as mine.

However, I get that Corsair has to keep insisting on RMAs because it makes it look like an issue a few defective units have and not something fundamentally broken about their product for a material number of system configurations. 

11 minutes ago, rvzuwn said:

Also know someone else who got a brand new H170i LCD, in a different province as me, with the exact same issues as mine.

However, I get that Corsair has to keep insisting on RMAs because it makes it look like an issue a few defective units have and not something fundamentally broken about their product for a material number of system configurations. 

Yeah I've tried all the troubleshooting, replaced the core and the LCD, run both on their own USB and the only time the things ever worked was the first time I hooked it up after a reboot I've never gotten it to work since.

Still have  the  red  triangle, despite using newest software version and LCD  firmware. Meanwhile I have tested with switching USB  port on Mainboard  and with the Y-Splitter too. I have checked all my cable connection again, When I first started my PC today, I got that Corsair animation back. Now nothing but the red triangle. I tried  everything I found here in  the forums for a possible solution. Due to a deadline, I have to decide soon if I don't want to return my   H150i elite capellix to my local dealer to exchange it for another item, obviously another brand even if it's not really what I want but at this rate I won't have much choice.
Even my Corsair keyboard is giving me trouble with the space key (double or nothing) but that's something else again. This is getting slowly ridiculous. 

6 hours ago, Corsair Nick said:

With iCUE Release 4.26.110, we've enhanced the functionality to allow customers to rotate custom images and gifs they have uploaded.  I've brought up the suggestions from some of you about expanding this to the default screens to our internal teams to evaluate.  If there are any updates, we'll be sure to let you know.

If the intention was to not have all or most of the screens rotate then I would say the future plans section outlining rotation was added in bad faith.  Virtually no one reading that would assume that it was only for still images and GIFs.  For those of us that have the pump installed "upside down" the best features of the LCD screen are unusable.  No where in the product page or installation documentation does it say anything to the effect of "if you install this LCD kit any way but this way then you're wasting your money".

In my case the best way to install was apparently the wrong way and I'm not screwing up the overall look of my machine because your company put out an unfinished product.  We shouldn't be beta testers.

Edited by FlashMastaB
  • Like 1

On 7/26/2022 at 1:24 PM, Parksie said:

Yeah I want to be able to rotate the dual info. (CPU temp. and GPU temp.).

In addition to being able to rotate the screen that shows CPU and GPU temps. I want to be able to show them like this...

Side-by-side with a label beneath each showing what the temp. is for.

3AC3D2DC-9358-4BC5-B18F-A64CE9DB968F.png

Although I'm past the return period for the H100i Elite Capellix, I still have a few days left to return the LCD upgrade kit.

Edited by Synomenon