Corsair Community

Introducing the new CORSAIR iCUE (v4.X) - Megathread

Corsair Nick

4.13.226 made my H150i RGB PRO XT no longer appear in iCUE.

• Like 1

On 7/18/2021 at 9:23 AM, Croxy said:

Hi,

I'm running the latest version of iCUE v4 and the dashboard continues to reset/change with each reboot... very frustrating.

Any fix for this?

Cheers

I've just updated to the latest version from today (4.13.226) and am still having this same issue! Any suggestions?

• Like 1

On 7/8/2021 at 3:07 PM, Aalb75 said:

Updated to iCUE v4.13.223 earlier today, still have the same problem with HydroX preset curves not being saved and not being available in the preset curve list.

Still have to restart iCUE before HydroX is on the list

Updated to v,4.13.226, the problem is still there, I still have to restart ICue on each boot.

• Like 1

Since ICUE V4 my CPU (10900k) wont downclock but stay att 4.9ghz all the time and cpu watt is a 20-25w.

CPU usage is good at around 1-2% so no biggie there.

If I downgrade to the last ICUE V3 the CPU will downclock itself to 799Mhz and cpu wattage is around 10-12w.

Sadly i cant stay att the V3 as i got an virtuoso xt the requires V4 😞

I think it got to do with software lightning for the RAM, if I set that to on in V3 i also get higher cpu wattage and no downclock to lower c-states. But in V4 you removed the disable software option for the RAM not allowing me to simply use only hardware Profiles.

Forgott.

Also as an result of no lower c-states my Vcore wont drop below 1v as if i close iCUE v4 or downgrade to V3 it will drop to around 0.8v.

This will together drop my idel temps 4-5 degrees C and my game temps at about the same as it 10-15w less to handle by the system.

All aside from that I like V4 but this must be fixed ASAP.

Also Detroit Become Human crashes iCUE v4 freezing fans, water temp etc. It blinks white and then returns to whatever color profile was set only a close and restart of iCUE solves it, restart service does nothing.

On 7/28/2021 at 9:02 PM, Corsair Albert said:

Have you adjusted the lighting effect vs. hardware lighting? Lighting effect takes priority over hardware lighting when iCUE is running.

Unfortunately, Windows' lock screen blocks iCUE.

Yes, i already adjusted lighting effect and hardware lighting, but i found out if i closed ICUE and open it again it reset the hardware lighting.

I already removed it completly from my system and installed it again and updated to v4.13.226 and still reseting after closing the app or restarting the PC.

and i found another issue my H150i Elite the lighting flickers from time to time for split second not sure why it do that.

and there's any way to run the fan curve like on quite on windows lock screen?

since the fans rpm ramps up very quickly and loudly.

Edited by Ali-S

iCue v4 user here (v4.13.226). The Hydro X Series fan/pump curves shows when the app is upgraded from a previous iCue v4, then goes away after a sleep/power off/restart - just as it has been doing at every version since iCue v4 was released.

Moving back to iCue v3, that works like a champ. And takes half disk and memory space, and much less CPU cycles to set up fans/motor speeds and RGB colors.

On 7/31/2021 at 8:55 PM, Croxy said:

I've just updated to the latest version from today (4.13.226) and am still having this same issue! Any suggestions?

I have this same issue it was gone in 223 but 226 has brought it back. Also going back to 223 its still there almost like its not saving the settings of icue at all.

Well I'm on this new icue 4 why the heck doesn't the window remember where it is. I have a second monitor that always has icue up but having to drag and reposition it every time I turn on my computer is getting super annoying.

One other thing bring back the ability to name my devices. I have 2 commander pros 2 lightning nodes 2 mice etc I want to name them what I want not what your terrible developers decided. 

Forgot to mention the most annoying part since I can't go back to icue3 cause both my Dark Core Pro SE and Ironclaw RGB both updated firmware for icue4 I mainly game with ironclaw and wirelessly it cuts out mouse still functions but icue assignments and stuff is gone. I have to turn it off and back on and then it rehooks into the software. Don't game with the dark core so I don't know if it happens. 

On 7/28/2021 at 9:27 PM, Conver said:

This doesn't happen to me, I have the RM1000i, and it stays at multi rail, i'm on the latest iCUE, but just tried with the .223 and it stays at multi there too.

Here if I set it to multi-rail and close that dialog then open it again, it stays in single-rail. As if the dialog didn't actually do anything.

On 7/30/2021 at 12:37 AM, t0niX said:

Dear @Corsair Nick @Corsair Albert @Corsair Mint 

I found another bug. In the current release of iCUE I cannot add all three onboard profiles to my K70 RGB MK.2 LP memory. After adding one profile, iCUE says that the "onboard storage is full".

Please see the screenshot attached.

PS: I got contacted by your support to figure out my issue. Thanks for pushing my ticket, Albert!

210730_Corsair-iCUE-4.13.226_K70-MK2_Profile-Bug.png

Just to make sure: I got contacted by your support to figure out my OTHER issue.

The issue posted in my quote is not fixed in iCUE v4.13.226.

I was hoping to see v4 had been fixed, but same old crap. My K100 KB quits changing the RGB dimming after it's idle for a couple of hours, and my H100i Pro XT RGB cooling starts at fast speed both pump and fans after the PC has been off all night, and it's cold. I have to shut down and on again to get it to stop. I have a running email with support that suggest doing everything from unplugging the KB, moving everything to another system to test if it still has this problem, to uninstalling everything and running my PC with nothing to control anything.  I did use a Razer Huntsman V2 Optical and found the software was crap and the KB keys would stick from a software bug,  I checked on returning this K100 but had it past the return date, so now thinking about scrapping a $266.00 dollar KB and cooling to get away from this crap. V3 worked fine, then v4 came out with nothing but problems since.

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

v4.14.179 The fan profiles on H150i Elite Capellix appear to be messed up. Fans do not spin down as before. Did the thresholds on fan curves change?

Confirmed. Went back to 4.13.223 and default fan curves are back to normal. On the new 4.14.179 The ML fans on Balanced run about 250 - 400 RPM faster under the same Coolant temp (roughly 32C).

Edited by CivilizedAge

46 minutes ago, CivilizedAge said:

Confirmed. Went back to 4.13.223 and default fan curves are back to normal. On the new 4.14.179 The ML fans on Balanced run about 250 - 400 RPM faster under the same Coolant temp (roughly 32C).

How did you get access to the older version?

For me i'm seeing a more frequent C-state drop on my 10900K on v4.14.179, before this version on the V4 my CPU has been pinned at 4.9ghz. Now it's downclocking to 799Mhz and v-core dropping to 0.7v more regular as well as going to 5ghz on fewer core treads.

Sure it wont enter lower C-stats as frequent as when i'm closing iCUE and it still runs at about 16-18w compared to 9w when iCUE i closed, but this was and big step forward from previous 21-25w.

👍 for me as of now.

7 hours ago, ccs46 said:

How did you get access to the older version?

I found it by googling the version number on a download site. 

On 8/1/2021 at 11:55 AM, Croxy said:

Quick update... I reformatted my PC and did a fresh install and yet this issue continues...

Can we please get this rectified?! Very annoying...

I'm new to iCUE4, using with H150i and like the features! But is there a way to apply a custom temp/speed curve to the pump? I'm not happy with default control (quiet, balanced, extreme). It seems to me the best input for pump control is filtered (smoothed, averaged etc) cpu temp, and a custom curve using that would help keep temps more steady.. Key point being to keep the CPU a bit warmer while in idle by cutting the pump speed back while keeping coolant temps as low as possible. This way, the system can respond quickly by increasing the pump speed when load increases, but idle temps are not stone cold..

I updated this morning to 4.14.179 and the it still does not save the multirail setting.

12 hours ago, FeedFD said:

I'm new to iCUE4, using with H150i and like the features! But is there a way to apply a custom temp/speed curve to the pump? I'm not happy with default control (quiet, balanced, extreme). It seems to me the best input for pump control is filtered (smoothed, averaged etc) cpu temp, and a custom curve using that would help keep temps more steady.. Key point being to keep the CPU a bit warmer while in idle by cutting the pump speed back while keeping coolant temps as low as possible. This way, the system can respond quickly by increasing the pump speed when load increases, but idle temps are not stone cold..

No - that's more a function of what the pump supports than anything. You have the presets, that's it.

Any version of icue4 onwards will not let me change my AX1600i from single to multi rail, it allows you too click either but going back in to icue it will always default back to single-rail. Any version prior to 4 works fine.

Edited by Turnip

Mine is a HX1000i and with this bug I don't really know if it is in single or multi when the machine boots.

On 8/12/2021 at 10:49 PM, CivilizedAge said:

Has anyone else seen this? I used the Balanced setting and this new version speed up the fan curve such that the ML Fans are much louder now (based on the RPM).