Corsair Community

Introducing the new CORSAIR iCUE (v4.X) - Megathread

Corsair Nick

Has anyone had any luck controlling non-Corsair RAM e.g. Crucial Ballistix with iCue?  If so, how did you do it?

On 9/21/2021 at 11:18 AM, Corsair Mint said:

Hi everyone,

We’ve been listening to everyone’s feedback and in the latest version of iCUE we have reimplemented for support some of our coolers. The following coolers should be detected again in iCUE version 4.15.153:

H100i V2

H100i GTX

H80i V2

H80i GT

H115i

H110i GTX

We’ll continue to collect further feedback from everybody so that we can continue to improve iCUE and your experience. Thank you!

The only reason I am not using v4 is no support for my H110iGT ☹️

6 hours ago, DrkEagle said:

The only reason I am not using v4 is no support for my H110iGT ☹️

Take a look at the patch notes for 4.16. 
https://forum.corsair.com/forums/topic/172446-release-notes-for-icue-v416187/?tab=comments#comment-997916

• Like 1

Thank you for listening to us and reimplanting support for H80IGT water cooler in iCUE
🥰

Was going through my system updates and my iCue had an update for my software along with my mouse and keyboard.  I initially had no complaints about it, however a few hours later the RGB systems would just freeze.  I can not get any work around to resolve the issue.  I looked for the Enable SDK option to disable it and there was none in the V4 update.  I also will end up having to completely quit the system and restart it for the RGB to function as the designated style was set for.  Then a few hours later it will revert back to a frozen red color.  This occurs while the system is running and when doing a fresh start of the computer.  Does anyone have any information to help solve the issue or know of any updates forthcoming to resolve the problem?   I also tried downgrading my software back to v3 and now my mouse is not recognized by the iCue v3 system.  I have a keyboard that functions and mouse that rolling colors (in-cert eye roll).

Edited by DrkNight

I have been having problems with my corsair dark core rgb scroll wheel for a while now. I forgot that I had update to the latest version of 4.xxxx. This afternoon I decided to uninstall 4.xxxx and reinstall the latest version 3. This appears to have resolved my problems with my scroll wheel. Essentially when scrolling using the wheel, the window would go down and then. Almost like 3 steps down and then 2 steps up. The faster I would scroll the more it seemed to happen. Was there a setting in 4.x that I could have played with to resolve the issue? Seems like going to the old 3.x resolved the issue...however, the dark core mouse is no longer detected in version 3.

Any assistance is appreciated. 

24 minutes ago, jpcommons said:

I have been having problems with my corsair dark core rgb scroll wheel for a while now. I forgot that I had update to the latest version of 4.xxxx. This afternoon I decided to uninstall 4.xxxx and reinstall the latest version 3. This appears to have resolved my problems with my scroll wheel. Essentially when scrolling using the wheel, the window would go down and then. Almost like 3 steps down and then 2 steps up. The faster I would scroll the more it seemed to happen. Was there a setting in 4.x that I could have played with to resolve the issue? Seems like going to the old 3.x resolved the issue...however, the dark core mouse is no longer detected in version 3.

Any assistance is appreciated. 

It may be that a clean install of icue helped. I uninstalled the 3.x and then did a fresh install of latest 4.x. The scroll wheel still seems to function okay.

I removed iCue from all my systems, and have removed everything that needs icue support, except for my commander pro.

I'm glad to see iCue adding back 'legacy' devices, and doubly so that the focus is on the AIO coolers that *needed* icue to function whatsoever.

The list of removed devices has shrunk quite a bit, since the H80i, H100i and H110i series products has been re-added

Next up is some mice and keyboards (and really, i think people would be okay with reduced features if they show in icue with basic functions)
image.png.50ab03197b52510295d2fcdeac9b7d23.png

All we need then is iCue to slim down and not use so many background tasks and services...

Edited by Mussels
  • Like 1

Is there a way to undo the theme / interface to icue v3 in icue v4?

I cant stand this theme / interface because whenever i try to edit or create macro's i cant understand what the macro is supposed to do.

I need to see what each function DOES, not what each function LOOKS like.

I dont know out of my head what each function looks like and can only tell what something does by reading the function name.

image.png.b716b3da14e75ab6301e5271d8e877cf.png If only there was a name describing what a function does.

When will you guys finally address the issue where ICUE stops reporting the temps under load, causing the cpu to thermal throttle due to the fans not ramping up because icue thinks the CPU is at 40c, yet its at 90C because the software is ran in software mode.

image.thumb.png.2cde707545cc40dc0db4c0eb413d62ea.png

When will you finally allow us to run the lighting in hardware mode only, that way my cpu isn't used as much for uneccessary tasks that could have easily been done on the hardware level instead.

I am forced to run every single thing in software mode and i dont want to have micro stutters in games or other tasks.

Edited by Rickje159

the cooler doesn't have access to any external sensor in hardware mode.

You should set your fans curves to respond to H150i temp and not the CPU.

It doesn't get the CPU cooler to accelerate fans when the water isn't warmed up, during short loads. For any watercooling, AIO or custom loop, the only useable control variable is the water temperature basically.

And the H150i temp being an internal sensor in the pump, it works without iCUE running, so you can have working cooling AND no stutters

Edited by LeDoyen

Any plans to add support for the 2015 void headsets? Found out after I updated my mouse that it was not supported any more.. Waiting for reply from support.

Glad my 2nd Sabre rgb died on me so that I didn't end up having two unsupported devices.

If there are no plans to add support I will hurry up and return my (2020) void rgb elite I was planning on using before it also becomes eol.

That's great Corsair brought back support for older coolers. I applaud them for that. Now it would be awesome if you fix sleep/shutdown/restart + ACPI event log errors that I have dealt since April 2020 Corsair update. Still have to rename all the CPUID dll's in iCue folder so that my computer will shutdown/sleep/restart without issue. Unfortunately that causes iCue to no longer communicate with my H115i cooler. Seems obvious that there is some problem with those dll's and the H115i. Is there something I can do to fix it. I have already went through technical support last year and was told this issue was supposed to be fixed in iCue 4 but it was not.

I have already planned on moving to different brand on my next PC upgrade, but if Corsair can fix that, I will be content. I know no company is perfect.

Got a new Virtuoso SE and installed 4.16 to get it to work.  After an hour or so I looked at Activity Monitor and the audio driver was at 46GB of Virtual Memory and kept going up.  I killed the process and it went back to 70mb but kept increasing till I killed the process again at 14GB of Virtual RAM.  I uninstalled it and went to 4.9 and the memory leak stopped but now all the audio enhancements do not work.  I am using an M1 running Monterey

Screenshot2021_11_05_094953.jpg

iCUE 4.17.244 just released. I would see if any major update or fix to my setup.

iCUE 4.17.244 Update is taking upwards of 30 minutes, this normal?

I did not expect to have to wait this long, as last time I updated it was done within 5 minutes.

There not being a progress bar is strange, for the installation process.

Idea: What if keyboard could be the loading bar? :classic_cool:

Like, lights up from left to right, showing progress.

11 minutes ago, Prx1213 said:

iCUE 4.17.244 Update is taking upwards of 30 minutes, this normal?

I did not expect to have to wait this long, as last time I updated it was done within 5 minutes.

There not being a progress bar is strange, for the installation process.

Idea: What if keyboard could be the loading bar? :classic_cool:

Like, lights up from left to right, showing progress.

nvm, uninstalled, reinstalled, worked like a charm.

Guys i have a issue with the commander core XT,

I recently bought the commander core XT for my new build and when all my fans are connected the icue software works fine with the preinstalled color profiles and i can change color how i like, but when playing any of the Farcry games ( 5 and 6) the light system within the game dont work as they did with the other corsair fan hubs, as well as the icue software lighting profiles you can download from corsairs site. Only the ram and asus motherboard and graphics sync up but the fans are off. Is this a bug?

I have a K70 RGB MK2 keyboard. When my monitor goes to sleep, the backlighting on the keyboard shuts off and can only be turned back on by quitting iCUE and restarting it. Is anyone else having this issue or know of a fix?

Running iCUE v4.17.244 on Windows 11 build 22000.346

Thanks!

Edited by jvickers

Hey jvickers, welcome to Corsair forums. I'd suggest you create your own thread to get more looks and possibly a faster answer. 

As you already know I don't have an answer for this issue, so... 

Dru2 🙂

• Thanks 1

I discovered some bug of sorts. Just got a pair of brand-new Vengeance RGB RT 2 x 8GB D4 3200MHz today, did a clean install of iCUE and turns out that one of them is identified as an "RGB PRO SL" instead of the same model. Thing is, both sticks I bought have the same part number, speeds, latency etc and somehow iCUE detects one of the kit as another model of RAM. So far, it seems to be working fine but the fact I see 2 different model annoys me a little. Is there any way to rectify this small issue? Or should I ask for a replacement? 🤔

Untitled.png

Does this bother anyone else's OCD or just mine. I'm getting tired of moving them and just give up. Can you guys look into this instead of just telling people to quit the app from the taskbar. I can move them around and quit and it works but the second I restart or shutdown and then restart it all resets and looks like the junk in the screenshot. Also my ax1600i has other voltage sensors that show up on the device page and I can get them in the dashboard by unchecking them and rechecking them but again after a restart or shutdown they disappear. Please for my sanity look into these issues stop adding stupid useless crap and just fix the broken **** then move on. Side note I don't for the life of me understand the decision for iCue to always start minimized some of us have it always open on a second monitor. Be nice is the open window remembered where we put it too. Always opening center of main monitor is annoying.

1248136200_Screenshot2021-11-18211246.thumb.png.e8d8042a26a46b7537ff7c130a82796b.png

On 11/17/2021 at 2:37 PM, Tsuki91 said:

I discovered some bug of sorts. Just got a pair of brand-new Vengeance RGB RT 2 x 8GB D4 3200MHz today, did a clean install of iCUE and turns out that one of them is identified as an "RGB PRO SL" instead of the same model. Thing is, both sticks I bought have the same part number, speeds, latency etc and somehow iCUE detects one of the kit as another model of RAM. So far, it seems to be working fine but the fact I see 2 different model annoys me a little. Is there any way to rectify this small issue? Or should I ask for a replacement? 🤔

Untitled.png

Out of curiosity, was the package you bought sealed? And where did you get the kit from?