Corsair Community

HS75 XB - Headset freezes and becomes unresponsive

Yeah looks like mine reset within the 70-80hr range, charged them to around 20% and unfortunately now I have a buzzing in the left cup. Just gonna stick with the Lucidsound LS15X's I got and be done with Corsair and hey if my LS15X's ever freeze you know what I can do .... Reset them and these where nearly £100 cheaper. First and last Corsair product.

They're investigating the issues we're having and will issue a fix once they complete their investigation. It's a headset issue not a hardware issue with xbox. I honestly think it's worth waiting for corsair to push a update once why find a fix.

These issues started in November. Paying $150 for a bricked headset and then waiting makes no sense. How hard is it to include a hard reset? Almost every device has this “feature” and that would solve the initial problem.

They need to update their validation process because I’m not sure how you could miss a bricking headset. The end users have obviously been able to replicate in record numbers, but Corsair seems to be struggling?

just want to pop in and say that I also have several problems with my HS75 XB.

* constant buzzing from left earcup

* sometimes the audio drops for a few seconds, sometimes drops completly and a restart is required.

* two days ago, for the first time, my headset hang on power off, so now i cant use it and waiting for battery to drain.

using it with my Series X

Gerr1dan and CMBmovies, thank you for the info. Best estimates are fine as we're trying to collect as much information as possible.

We are actively working on a fix that can be rolled out, but no firm ETA at the moment. Firmware and software do take some time to make adjustments, followed by testing to ensure nothing else is affected by the changes. It is being handled, and we'll provide more details as they come our way.

Any updates on the fix? I get that it was the holidays for the last couple of weeks, but a lot of people are having this issue and we need to know what's going on...

Hello all. In accordance with the original post request I am having the same issue with the light staying on and the headset refusing to power off. I was playing on xbox when the headset started crackling and being told by my friends that my audio was choppy. I proceeded to try and turn off my headset and turn it back on only for the audio to disappear and te light to stay on. I am currently waiting for the battery to run out with the light on but that does greatly concern me. On a side note I was also having temporary xbox live connection issues and proceeded to reset my router and unplug my Series X. Upon plugging my series X back i within about 7 seconds I think a signal from the still on headset turns on the xbox which is not very conducive in my mind.

Hi, my headset just kept pairing and unpairing this evening, with in-game sound playing for a few seconds and then abruptly stopping. After powering it off and retrying it several times with the above results. Eventually it refused to synch with my Xbox Series X and now flashes a white light, in addition it will only turn off when I manually do it otherwise the pulsing light persists. I tried doing a soft reboot to see if that could help but the issue continues to persist. I'll just let the headset die and then recharge it, hopefully this will help. Appreciate you guys looking into it-I then went to the ICUE app to see if there was a firmware update to instal, but my headset would not connect to the app as well. Prior to this everything was great: power on, headset on, and the battery lasts days on a single charge.

Hello all. In accordance with the original post request I am having the same issue with the light staying on and the headset refusing to power off. I was playing on xbox when the headset started crackling and being told by my friends that my audio was choppy. I proceeded to try and turn off my headset and turn it back on only for the audio to disappear and te light to stay on. I am currently waiting for the battery to run out with the light on but that does greatly concern me. On a side note I was also having temporary xbox live connection issues and proceeded to reset my router and unplug my Series X. Upon plugging my series X back i within about 7 seconds I think a signal from the still on headset turns on the xbox which is not very conducive in my mind.

So after it lost its battery life I got it to charge up and turn it on again. Now audio is only coming in through the left side. Not happy right now. Will be calling tech support for a replacement.

So after it lost its battery life I got it to charge up and turn it on again. Now audio is only coming in through the left side. Not happy right now. Will be calling tech support for a replacement.

I don't think you'll need a replacement just reflash the firmware via the ICUE app and it should work on both ears again. Or just wait for a firmware update like I am although it has been quite some time since the release of this headset for them to come up with a fix. At this rate everyone will have returned their headsets back and would be no point because everyone will be avoiding this headset like the plague. I remember Lucidsound had problems with their LS35X headset but pushed out a fix within a month and now everyone loves them.

I am currently having audio chopping with my Corsair HS75 XB's when using them with Dolby Atmos on in Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War and Call of Duty Warzone. I am using the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10. I have tried my controller wired to see if it was an interference issue but the issue persisted. I am able to have normal audio whenever Dolby Atmos is turned off. I was able to run with Dolby Atmos as of 3 days ago but now it the headphones constantly chop in and out with audio. Audio does not chop when listening to music on the PC.

I just received my HS75. It's a great headset when it is working correctly. I am also experiencing this issue. There is constant audio chopping that makes the headset unusable at times. Then there will be spurts where it seems to be acting just fine.

... Based on the feedback most of you provided, the freeze occurs during the first 20-24hrs of use. Is this after the before or after the first initial charge? Are you charging the headset when this occurs? Have you experienced additional freezing after the first time, and how frequent is it?

For me, the lock-up happened after about 2 weeks of thoroughly enjoyable use and at least 3-4 full charge cycles. I charged it before using it for the first time. At the time it locked up it wasn't plugged in to the charger. If your support systems are integrated, I have a ticket with a few more details on the circumstances and observations: #2003825965. Thankfully after 3.5 days the battery fully drained and I have been able to fully charge and use the headset since. I have since gone through a number of charge and use cycles. However, since the lockup the lights behave differently while charging. I no longer get a white light to indicate full charge; the yellow light comes on when first plugging it into the charger but it then turns off after a short while on the charger with no further indicators during the charge cycle. I just leave it there overnight to make sure that it is charged when I use it again.

Edited by Spam-n-eggs

• Corsair Employee

An update for everyone:

We're currently in the process of testing firmware revisions based on improvements made over the holidays. Nick and I will make sure to keep everyone updated once we receive any additional information - in the meantime, we sincerely appreciate everyone's patience and welcome any additional details on issues encountered.

I don't think you'll need a replacement just reflash the firmware via the ICUE app and it should work on both ears again. Or just wait for a firmware update like I am although it has been quite some time since the release of this headset for them to come up with a fix. At this rate everyone will have returned their headsets back and would be no point because everyone will be avoiding this headset like the plague. I remember Lucidsound had problems with their LS35X headset but pushed out a fix within a month and now everyone loves them.

I have no idea what an ICUE app is but I already received an RMA from the company to return it. I feel like a firmware update wouldnt fix the no audio coming in through the right ear issue.

I’ve read all the comments about this and it seems the only choice I have is to wait until it runs out of battery. My headset has been going strong now for 36+ hours. They really need to add a reset option or something so that this doesn’t happen again, because other than this pretty significant issue, I have really loved the product.

Hello, sorry for my English. The HS75 XB do not turn on me after updating them with ICUE. What is the solution?

At this time there is no update to be had but others have encountered the same issue when they tried to reflash the original software that they came with. As for me I didn't have this issue but I also didn't charge fully before I did.

Hello,

I've had the HS75 for xbox for a few weeks now. The audio dropoff is annoying when gaming but I found an interesting behavior that might help Corsair with a fix.

When gaming I get audio drop a few times every few minutes.

If I watch the Mandelorion on disney plus I get dropouts quite frequently every minute.

If I watch clone wars on disney plus I don't get any dropout..

So is this an audio coding issue?

A bit rate issue?

It's interesting that I'm able to reproduce this everytime through my xbox.

Hope this helps Corsair.. I love your products, but the HS75 needs a fix asap.

This is the first corsair product I've owned with a glaring issue. Hope the fix comes soon.

Thanks

Hello Guys,

Having same freeze issue with my HS75 XB for the 1st time :sigh!:.

It worked fine for 2 months without any audio/freeze issue.

Now after more than 3 days, it is still showing this white LED and does not react to any action.

Freeze happened while shutting down my Xbox SX after 2hours gameplay.

Albert, Nick, Corsair Team: When do you plan to release this firmware update :question:

Without updates we'll all have to ask for a refund :noooooo:

Thank you in advance for your feedback guys

Hi all.

Unfortunately, I did not find anywhere if there is a solution to this.

I charge the headphones for 9 hours and the orange light is still on.

So I don't know if they are already fully charged.

Please advise what to do with it?

Thank and sorry for my bad English

Corsair Team: support is a shame, 2 months later there is no firmware to solve the problem, it is not a cheap product, please we need news. It pushes us to return the headest and take us another brand that trusts its customers.

what is the current firmware version? I can't even connect to the PC, I can't see the headset program.