Corsair Community

Zotty's CORSAIR RGB Hardware and iCUE Eco-System FAQ

Zotty

just a thought... how you going to control Pump speed?,, not seeing that connection on your diagram?

so..... need another header right?

3 x PWM repeaters for your 3 banks of 3 fans? this leaves 3 headers...  1 for pump and one for rear fan leaving one spare? make sense?

59 minutes ago, iljott said:

Hey Buddy! Thank you so much for getting back to me so quickly @Zotty! Really appreciate your time & comment 🙂 

Just for me to make sure I'm understanding the layout, would the 2x PWM repeaters connect to the Commander XT PWM slots 4 & 5 (obviously instead of the side rad fan PWMs)? So for example, the PWM repeater connected to Channel 4 would then be used for the 3x Side fans & the one connected to Channel 5 would be used for the 3x Top fans?

If so, I'll update my diagram and post it here, as it may help someone else with a similar setup.

see the 3 posts before this one lol... but this is what i eneded up with for what you need...  ignoring power and usb and case connections as you already know those...

image.thumb.png.233bde6710f2d630d5b68cdc2fcfb771.png

edit.. forget to connect fan power to the rear fan.. but you get the idea?

Edited by Zotty

Edits made and specs and images added for the Commander Core XT on the front page of this faq.

i will add the LC100 triangles over the next few days.

Edited by Zotty

9 hours ago, Zotty said:

see the 3 posts before this one lol... but this is what i eneded up with for what you need...  ignoring power and usb and case connections as you already know those...

image.thumb.png.233bde6710f2d630d5b68cdc2fcfb771.png

edit.. forget to connect fan power to the rear fan.. but you get the idea?

Hey @Zotty! You're a treasure trove of knowledge and I really want to thank you for your time and dedication to my question here on this forum - I truly appreciate it buddy!

You're right - I totally forgot about the XD5's fan connection! Your diagram above is such a simple & elegant solution to all of this. I just need to find 3x Corsair PWM splitters and finally start my build. I'll definitely post a photo once it's finished (might be a while as I need to travel, but I'll definitely post it) - unless it turns out to be a total mess! 😆

If you want my Visio VSDX file, just let me know and I'll send it over to you, no probs 🙂 

Thanks again!

48 minutes ago, iljott said:

Hey @Zotty! You're a treasure trove of knowledge and I really want to thank you for your time and dedication to my question here on this forum - I truly appreciate it buddy!

You're right - I totally forgot about the XD5's fan connection! Your diagram above is such a simple & elegant solution to all of this. I just need to find 3x Corsair PWM splitters and finally start my build. I'll definitely post a photo once it's finished (might be a while as I need to travel, but I'll definitely post it) - unless it turns out to be a total mess! 😆

If you want my Visio VSDX file, just let me know and I'll send it over to you, no probs 🙂 

Thanks again!

Corsair ones would be nice as it keeps you in brand but isn't a necessity. should you not be able to find them.. try support.. if that faails.. head off brand is an option. powered is the main thing you are after.  'y' splitters etc (unpowered) are NOT the way forward just in case they spring to mind lol..

Good luck on your quest and let us know how you get on.. maybe a few pictures in the 5000T faq :)>

as for Visio.. would you believe my tool of choice is MSPaint lol. we go way back. yet to mess with Visio, been told its not bad at its job, but for these type of diagrams i am swift with MSP.

2 hours ago, Zotty said:

Corsair ones would be nice as it keeps you in brand but isn't a necessity. should you not be able to find them.. try support.. if that faails.. head off brand is an option. powered is the main thing you are after.  'y' splitters etc (unpowered) are NOT the way forward just in case they spring to mind lol..

Good luck on your quest and let us know how you get on.. maybe a few pictures in the 5000T faq :)>

as for Visio.. would you believe my tool of choice is MSPaint lol. we go way back. yet to mess with Visio, been told its not bad at its job, but for these type of diagrams i am swift with MSP.

Hi @Zotty, if I don't manage to find the correct powered PWM repeaters, would I be able to swap out my Lighting Node Pro from my original diagram with a Commander Pro instead?

I'm thinking I'd connect the 3x top and 1x back fans to the Commander Pro PWM connections, the RGB Hub to an LED Header, and the XD5 pump to the other LED Header.

yep you can do that,.. bit more involved in icue for config.. but totally doable.

On 3/15/2022 at 12:01 AM, Zotty said:

yep you can do that,.. bit more involved in icue for config.. but totally doable.

Hi @Zotty, I've amended my diagram to reflect your suggestion of having 3 PWM Repeaters (Option A), and also included a setup with the Commander Pro (Option B) instead of the Repeaters. I'm not 100% sure of the wiring on the latter - should the Commander Pro USBs be going anywhere?

I'll use either of these for my build depending on whether or not I find the PWM Repeaters for sale. It seems like the simpler option of the 2, so I hope to find some for sale (no luck yet though).

Option A: Commander Core XT, Lighting Node Pro, RGB Hub & 3x Powered PWM Repeaters

spacer.png

Option B: Commander Core XT, Commander Pro & RGB Hub

spacer.png

both those will work buddy.... as for finding PWM hubs. remember you are not stuck to Corsairs versions in case you cant find them..  and do try contacting support as they must still make them given they are now fitted in the 5000X..

Edited by Zotty

On 3/16/2022 at 10:19 AM, Zotty said:

both those will work buddy.... as for finding PWM hubs. remember you are not stuck to Corsairs versions in case you cant find them..  and do try contacting support as they must still make them given they are now fitted in the 5000X..

Excellent! I didn't know the 5000X also has them. I'll reach out to Support.

Thanks again for your help in all of this! I'll post some photos once everything's complete 🙂 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Everyone,

I'm excited to get my Alder Laker build done with a lot of parts en route to me. I picked up:

Corsair 4000X RGB

Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB DDR5 5200

Cosrair iCUE H100i Elite LCD Display AIO

Corsair RM1000x PSU

Corsair ML 120 RGB Elite Fan

My build will have the 3 fans included with the case, 2 in the AIO and I'll mount the ML120 in the back of the case - total fans is 6. I don't expect to add any other RGB lighting (although the Corsair light strips are pretty cool looking!).

I had a brief chat with Corsair support as I was trying to get more information on how to wire up the fans/RGB lighting that comes with the case and the AIO. They directed me to this thread for more info.

The case includes lighting node core

The AIO includes Commander core

My question was should I just swap the lighting node core that comes with the case where it is installed for the commander core?  The lighting node core just does RGB control via iCue, the commander core can do lighting and fan control via iCue from what I understand. Given that I don't plan to add any more fans in my build do I need to setup both of these core hubs in my case?

The Corsair chat rep didn't think swapping to the commander was a bad idea. Just trying to understand how this is all going to connect before I start building it this Thursday/Friday.

Last question on fan direction. I figured the 3 in front are pulling air in the case and the AIO and rear fans would serve as exhaust fans. Do I have that right?

Thanks for any guidance!

hey bud..

yeah dump the Lighting Node Core and use the Commander Core for sure.

and your plan for airflow will work as you intend it to.. 

good luck with your quest and please shout if you need further advice 🙂

Hey guys!
I have some questions to definitively complete my Corsair configuration by putting some led strips!
1)I have a commander Pro with 2 unused led ports, can i connect led strips directly to the Commander Pro without using the Lighting Node Pro? Can I buy only the strips without the Lighting Node Pro? I would prefer it because I have no more space in the case!😅
2)I have a Corsair 5000D Airflow case where I would like to put led strips in the inner edge (side with the glass panel), can you recommend a kit suitable for the size of my case, so to connect all the strips together without having cables too tight?
Thanks

Hi @Zotty,

Thanks for this topic, it helped me a lot to understand the world of corsair rgb a bit better. But I still have a question. I already have a h100i elite capellix and 3 sp120 elite case fans with the commander core. I want to build a new pc with the elite capellix and 6 sp120 elites or 3 sp120 elite and 3 ql120. As you know the commander pro only has room for 6 fans. 

Is it possible to connect the usb of the commander core to a usb header on a commander pro? And can I use a lighting node core for the other fans and connect that one to the second usb header on the commander pro? 

Thank you in advance!

14 hours ago, Sylvano98 said:

Hi @Zotty,

Thanks for this topic, it helped me a lot to understand the world of corsair rgb a bit better. But I still have a question. I already have a h100i elite capellix and 3 sp120 elite case fans with the commander core. I want to build a new pc with the elite capellix and 6 sp120 elites or 3 sp120 elite and 3 ql120. As you know the commander pro only has room for 6 fans. 

Is it possible to connect the usb of the commander core to a usb header on a commander pro? And can I use a lighting node core for the other fans and connect that one to the second usb header on the commander pro? 

Thank you in advance!

Hi Bud.

yes you can do that buddy. and if you needed more USB headers. look at the NZXT internal USB hub

Edited by Zotty

On 4/5/2022 at 9:05 PM, EastwardSage said:

Heyguys!
I have some questions to definitively complete my Corsair configuration by putting some led strips!
1)I have a commander Pro with 2 unused led ports, can i connect led strips directly to the Commander Pro without using the Lighting Node Pro? Can I buy only the strips without the Lighting Node Pro? I would prefer it because I have no more space in the case!😅
2)I have a Corsair 5000D Airflow case where I would like to put led strips in the inner edge (side with the glass panel), can you recommend a kit suitable for the size of my case, so to connect all the strips together without having cables too tight?
Thanks

Hi buddy.. 

1. yes yo can do that.... LED ports on Commander Pro and Lighting node Pro do the same job 

2. i used an LS100 starter kit in a recent 5000X build..  happy with how they came out,

20220324_204453.png

Edited by Zotty
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Zotty said:

Hi Bud.

yes you can do that buddy. and if you needed more USB headers. look at the NZXT internal USB hub

Thanks for your reply!

I thought it was only possible to use the rgb led fan hubs and connect that to the led ports but this is a lot more convenient. Cause now I can buy a triple pack including the lighting node core (which I sold recently 😞)

And with the setup that I mentioned in my earlier post, I can still control all my rgb and fan RPM for every single fan in correct order right?

On 3/31/2022 at 11:27 AM, Zotty said:

hey bud..

yeah dump the Lighting Node Core and use the Commander Core for sure.

and your plan for airflow will work as you intend it to.. 

good luck with your quest and please shout if you need further advice 🙂

Hi @Zotty

Thanks so much for the response, I had a couple delays getting parts in but I've been working on my build this weekend and have a question on the commander core. I removed the lighting node core from where it was mounted in the case - the commander core doesn't have any screw slots to be able to put it back where the node core was. The 4000X RGB doesn't seem to have an ideal place to mount the XT - there is a large exposed section where the mobo sits but there is no cover plate on top of that top mount the XT. Do you have a suggestion on where to mount the XT in the 4000X RGB Case?

Just a quick question, I have 9 x ML120 Elite across 2 Lighting Node Cores (thank goodness for my Gen 3 NZXT internal hub). Under "Lighting Setup", the fans default to "QL RGB Series" and checking the dropdown, there's no listing for "ML RGB Series".

• What is the best "Series" to use with the ML RGB Series?
  • Also, this sticky doesn't have an entry for the ML RGB Elite .

12 hours ago, BlaiseP said:

Just a quick question, I have 9 x ML120 Elite across 2 Lighting Node Cores (thank goodness for my Gen 3 NZXT internal hub). Under "Lighting Setup", the fans default to "QL RGB Series" and checking the dropdown, there's no listing for "ML RGB Series".

• What is the best "Series" to use with the ML RGB Series?
  • Also, this sticky doesn't have an entry for the ML RGB Elite .

I use the 8 led series fans for my ML RGB Capellix.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sylvano98 said:

I use the 8 led series fans for my ML RGB Capellix.

Thanks, I'll give it a try.

@ZottyI have a problem, I wanted to add the 4 temperature sensors of the Commander Pro, but icue can't find anything about it, obviously Icue and all the peripherals are updated to the latest version available ... You know by chance tell me what's wrong ?

Immagine.png

18 hours ago, EastwardSage said:

@ZottyI have a problem, I wanted to add the 4 temperature sensors of the Commander Pro, but icue can't find anything about it, obviously Icue and all the peripherals are updated to the latest version available ... You know by chance tell me what's wrong ?

Immagine.png

Hey buddy.. is that all you are seeing for the commander pro? no fans or other power stats?

quick question. are you running HWinfo by any chance?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Zotty said:

Ehi amico.. è tutto ciò che stai vedendo per il comandante pro? niente fan o altre statistiche di potenza?

domanda veloce. stai eseguendo HWinfo per caso?

in the commander pro I connected the 4 temperature sensors and 2 Lighting Node Cores because I needed more USB 2.0 ports and it turned out to be the only one compatible with the Lighting Node Cores ...
Below you can see all my configuration, but the temperature sensors are not working ...
Another question, is the transparent film around the sensors to be removed?

setup.png

Hello, I’m going to attempt my first build with a 4000x case (3 SP120 fans) and a H100i platinum SE AIO (2 LL120 fans) and an exhaust fan for the back. Does icue 4 recognize different types of fans? Can someone recommend a solution so the RGB would sync? There is only a lighting node core that came with the case. I was thinking of buying LL fans to replace the case ones but not sure if I need a commander pro as well.