Corsair Community

Scimitar problems

Ran upgrade, firmware install went smoothly, CUE update got stalled because somehow the UAC prompt didn't actually get displayed, just showed up as an icon in task bar, installed that, mouse seemed fine... For all of 30 seconds before I had to shut down for Windows updates. I'll see, but it looked like it was working so far.

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I to am running on X-58 motherboard and i cannot get the side buttons to work now and in the CUE program my device doesn't come up. It's just a blank screen under the device tab. Please help.

Also having the same issues. I've tried several times to update my firmware to 2.01 also. It downloads, updates, and then the device disappears from the device list. Restart computer, and CUE asks me to update my firmware to 2.01 again. Decline the update, go into device, says it's updated but when you hover over any part of the info in there, says "device malfunction". Says firmware 2.01 and Bootloader Version 0.02

Also have had the same issues the others guys did with having a choppy mouse, and buttons not really working. Thing I found to fix that was to ALT, CNTL, DLT / Switch user / log back in. Fixed the issue, but super lame when playing games.

Any fixes for this stuff in the near future, or am I going back to Razer (shutter) for my 12 side button mouse.

Really frustrated with this issue. Can't set my colors, can't use the entire functionality of the mouse anymore. If there's anyway to set the SW and FW back to what they were before the recent updates then please I'd love to go back to that because that worked fine for me. At this point I have a mouse with 12 extra buttons for looks and clicky noises. I don't want to buy a new one or have to switch to a naga. I like this mouse and I like Corsair. I find it odd there isn't some sort of workaround for this yet or a way to rollback the updates.

Really frustrated with this issue. Can't set my colors, can't use the entire functionality of the mouse anymore. If there's anyway to set the SW and FW back to what they were before the recent updates then please I'd love to go back to that because that worked fine for me. At this point I have a mouse with 12 extra buttons for looks and clicky noises. I don't want to buy a new one or have to switch to a naga. I like this mouse and I like Corsair. I find it odd there isn't some sort of workaround for this yet or a way to rollback the updates.

PM Corsair Henry with your email and he will send you the files to rollback the firmware.

After downloading and installing the new firmware and Cue updates, My Scimitar doesn't act buggy anymore. It seems as though everything with the Scimitar is fine now. The scimitar no longer loses left button functionality with the DPI setting problem. That is fixed.

However, some of my Scimitar profiles in Cue have gone a little buggy. The main profile has DPI color and light settings available and functional, where the sub profiles have lost their ability to display DPI lights and colors.

Also, My K95 RGB sometimes will not type after a fresh system restart. I have to totally power the system down and restart for the typing to come back on my K95 RGB.

Both of these new problems appeared after the update that fixed the buggy Scimitar performance that everyone was talking about in this post.

Thanks Corsair.

George Cee :)

Edited by georgecee

The Scimitar is rubbish.

Again, after promises that the latest firmware and version of CUE would fix the side buttons losing their mapping problem, the same thing is happening again and are what stopped me using this device shortly after purchase.

Back to Razer I go.

Mouse skipping is still present with my Scimitar, although it is less frequent. I did all the fixes Corsair provided but it didn't seem to work too well.

Intel HM97

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970M 3 GB GDDR5

5th Generation Intel Core i7 5700HQ (2.70GHz)

8GB Memory 1TB HDD

Mouse skipping is still present with my Scimitar, although it is less frequent. I did all the fixes Corsair provided but it didn't seem to work too well.

You mean the cursor randomly skips/jumps? I've had that problem for a long time too, and the latest SW/FW didn't fix it completely, but like you said it's a lot less frequent now and when it -does- happen it doesn't skip as much as it used to.

Yeah, so far the laggy and unresponsive clicking has been fixed for me as well, since I received the beta FW and SW. My only issue since then is the macro keys stopped working-the Scimitar disappeared from CUE until I restarted CUE. This has only happened once in the last month, and not at all since the current version of CUE (I think it's a newer version than the beta was? And yes, I submitted the log files when that happened).

I don't doubt some people still have issues, but just wanted to share it's not entirely doom and gloom now!

Hey guys, I bought this mouse less than 10 hours ago installed the software updates and stuff and it appears i'm having the same problems as most of the people here, (profiles un-clickable, status on malfunction)... Polling Report Rate 1000Hz/1msec, Firmware 2.01 , Bootloader Version 0.02 , Status : malfunction....

I've uninstalled and reinstalled the CUE software about 20 times now and still the same problem is occurring. The only thing that works is the disable device lighting option on the Device tab... Really regretting picking the scimitar over the naga right now...

• Corsair Employee
Hey guys, I bought this mouse less than 10 hours ago installed the software updates and stuff and it appears i'm having the same problems as most of the people here, (profiles un-clickable, status on malfunction)... Polling Report Rate 1000Hz/1msec, Firmware 2.01 , Bootloader Version 0.02 , Status : malfunction....

I've uninstalled and reinstalled the CUE software about 20 times now and still the same problem is occurring. The only thing that works is the disable device lighting option on the Device tab... Really regretting picking the scimitar over the naga right now...

I have an older firmware that I can provide you to make the mouse operable in the meantime. Please PM me with your email and I will send it to you.

I PM'd this Henry chap and after requesting my email address he sent me an earlier version of the Scimitar firmware.

I managed to downgrade the firmware and this has worked perfectly I'm happy to report.

But the customer experience is terrible, and you have to go through hoops to get a resolution. It's abusive that I have had to sign up for these forums (which I have no interest for), ask for files, wait for replies, etc. etc. The firmware should be easily available for customers to use, given that it's a fix that clearly works for some of us and Corsair know this.

• Corsair Employee
I PM'd this Henry chap and after requesting my email address he sent me an earlier version of the Scimitar firmware.

I managed to downgrade the firmware and this has worked perfectly I'm happy to report.

But the customer experience is terrible, and you have to go through hoops to get a resolution. It's abusive that I have had to sign up for these forums (which I have no interest for), ask for files, wait for replies, etc. etc. The firmware should be easily available for customers to use, given that it's a fix that clearly works for some of us and Corsair know this.

I don't disagree with you and I understand your frustration. Typically we don't make FW available for rollbacks because there isn't a reason to do so 99% of the time. We want people to always use the latest FW since we are releasing them to resolve issues. Unfortunately, during this release, we found that there is an issue with older hardware that were unforeseen and hence, Henry and the team will give out older FW to those who want it.

• Corsair Employee

After getting an approval, I can finally post the previous Scimitar Firmware here.

Instructions on updating FW:

1. Download the attachment

2. Load into Cue

3. Click on settings and then Device tab

4. Click on update FW and it will ask for you the file

5. Please use the APP bin file

Scimitar_V106RC.zip

Edited by Corsair Henry

After getting an approval, I can finally post the previous Scimitar Firmware here.

Instructions on updating FW:

1. Download the attachment

2. Load into Cue

3. Click on settings and then Device tab

4. Click on update FW and it will ask for you the file

5. Please use the APP bin file

Thanks Henry! After installing this firmware it seems my mouse is working now!!:laughing::laughing::laughing:

I'm still having issues with the side buttons. After every restart, they stop working until the CUE software is uninstalled, the computer rebooted and the software reinstalled again. Works again until the machine is rebooted again, at which point all the remapped side button keys stop working. Have tried both firmwares for the mouse, 3 versions of the CUE software (current release (1.15.36), last beta (1.15.31) and the newest beta (1.16.19) you can only access if you have the old beta installed and update within the app itself)). Saving profiles to the device memory seems to have no effect either.

Starting to get really frustrating, I use these side buttons a lot in MMO's and other games. Had the mouse for a while now and still no fix for this issue. Having to reinstall the CUE software every single time I reboot my computer just to get them working again is ridiculous, and starting to make me wish I went with a Naga again instead.

• Corsair Employee
I'm still having issues with the side buttons. After every restart, they stop working until the CUE software is uninstalled, the computer rebooted and the software reinstalled again. Works again until the machine is rebooted again, at which point all the remapped side button keys stop working. Have tried both firmwares for the mouse, 3 versions of the CUE software (current release (1.15.36), last beta (1.15.31) and the newest beta (1.16.19) you can only access if you have the old beta installed and update within the app itself)). Saving profiles to the device memory seems to have no effect either.

Starting to get really frustrating, I use these side buttons a lot in MMO's and other games. Had the mouse for a while now and still no fix for this issue. Having to reinstall the CUE software every single time I reboot my computer just to get them working again is ridiculous, and starting to make me wish I went with a Naga again instead.

You should be using the latest release, not beta builds. Beta builds that we haven't sanctioned for public distribution are not stable and may cause more problems than they will solve (hence why they're betas).

That said, if your mouse's side buttons are not responsive, can you take a screenshot of the "corsair composite virtual input device" and it's device status?

Okay, so the new firmware, as I have said earlier, only partially fixed the mouse skipping problem. I was using the mouse during normal use when suddenly it started to skip severely. It was so bad, it took several seconds just to reach and open the utility engine. I've reverted back to firmware v1.06 and that seemed to fix the problem okay with its older state of minor skipping. As it stands, I don't think I'll update again until we get a complete confirmation that the next firmware update will completely cure the problem that plagues the mouse. It's a great mouse, but it is just held back by its horrible firmware. I hope this will be resolved soon.

Intel HM97

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970M 3 GB GDDR5

5th Generation Intel Core i7 5700HQ (2.70GHz)

8GB Memory 1TB HDD

Guess I should have done some research instead of buying the shiny new mouse that looked really cool. Was just going to buy a new Logitec, but they were out and I'm never going back to razor. So I bought a Scimitar and the side buttons do not work. Tried multiple "fixes" none have worked for me. Now I know why they were out of g600's and had a stack of these...

Willing to try throwing my specs out there. Would rather get this one working than have to return it.

::: Motherboard

Product name : X58A-UD7

Manufacturer : Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.

::: CPU

Name : Intel® Core i7 CPU 975 @ 3.33GHz

Description : Intel64 Family 6 Model 26 Stepping 5

Frequency : 3325

Number of cores : 4

Number of logical processors : 8

::: OS

Name : Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium

Architecture : 64-bit

Service pack version, major : 1

Service pack version, minor : 0

::: Video hardware

Adapter name : NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760

Driver files : nvd3dumx.dll,nvwgf2umx.dll,nvwgf2umx.dll,nvd3dum,nvwgf2um,nvwgf2um

Driver version : 10.18.13.5330

RAM : 1 MB

Max refresh rate : 75

Min refresh rate : 23

::: Chipset

Note : No information was collected

::: Corsair devices

: No device found.