• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Corsair Employee

Hello All,

We are very close to finalizing testing and we anticipate that it will be fixed on the next release. The release is expected to be no later than mid February. I know that most of you really like how the mouse feels and have been very patient with us. Now, I have been authorized to give out the FW and SW to some of you that addresses the issue, so PM me with your email if you are interested in the BETA.

If you would like to wait till the final release, that is perfectly fine as well. There are some of you who have waited this long, so a bit longer wont hurt.

I must reiterate that this is a BETA SW and FW. :D:

A few times a day my scimitar RGB stops responding; the cursor can be moved very slowly, and the lighting will freeze mid transition, all of the buttons stop working and occasionally the DPI light will turn off. if the DPI light turns off the mouse still continues to work.

I have tried the following already: updating drivers, rolling back drivers, uninstalling, re-installing, unplugging and re-plugging, using each USB port, and on different computers.

I have included all of the logs, apologies for the length of this post.

[2016-01-23T14:47:32]: Mouse LED colors change failed. request timed out for Scimitar

<SNIP BY ADMIN>

[2016-01-23T14:50:28]: Mouse LED colors change failed. request timed out for Scimitar

Edited by Technobeard
snipped log

A few times a day my scimitar RGB stops responding; the cursor can be moved very slowly, and the lighting will freeze mid transition, all of the buttons stop working and occasionally the DPI light will turn off. if the DPI light turns off the mouse still continues to work.

I have tried the following already: updating drivers, rolling back drivers, uninstalling, re-installing, unplugging and re-plugging, using each USB port, and on different computers.

I have included all of the logs, apologies for the length of this post.

[2016-01-23T14:47:32]: Mouse LED colors change failed. request timed out for Scimitar

Don't paste the log like that. either upload the file or use pastebin please. It makes the whole page harder to navigate due to this massive log pasted straight in. Its like 200 lines of the same text you probably could have truncated it just a bit.

Hello All,

We are very close to finalizing testing and we anticipate that it will be fixed on the next release. The release is expected to be no later than mid February. I know that most of you really like how the mouse feels and have been very patient with us. Now, I have been authorized to give out the FW and SW to some of you that addresses the issue, so PM me with your email if you are interested in the BETA.

If you would like to wait till the final release, that is perfectly fine as well. There are some of you who have waited this long, so a bit longer wont hurt.

I must reiterate that this is a BETA SW and FW. :D:

I have the Scimitar Mouse and still experience the issue in CUE 1.14. The lighting in the mouse stops and the mouse freezes up .when the lighting freezes that's when i know the mouse is slowly stuck. But its really annoying when in GTA 5 or any game. I had to start over because it did not save my data and the mouse freezing. Had to hard shutdown my PC because nothing would work.

Although this doesn't always freeze on my end i have gone with a day with out it freezing. But i think its more when it freezes in high end stuff when running a game or something that when it tends to act up more.

If you can send my PM with the BETA release CUE 1.15 i would love to check it out and help improve my input. I also would like to know the exect date when the final release is for CUE 1.15 if you can.

Just look at Nvidia guys when those driver had problems with black screen. It took me forever to find right driver to work i staying with an older driver for along time then as nvidia started releasing NEW updates i started updating and had no issues.

so what ever works for you stick with my it be older driver or what ever way you have people have different hardware and not all will work the same. That's just my opinion

Thank you for your update and help on this mouse.

I'm patient and i know this stuff takes time to work out.

I will try another surface, as I was at my coffee table (cheap wood laminate, but not super reflective). I can't imagine it being the surface though, as my Logitech has always worked fine, as does the new Naga I got (50% off, figured why not). I understand, optical vs laser...just still frustrating.

I tried messing with the lift setting...it didn't seem to do anything at all. I'm not really sure what it's purpose is.

Sorry for the late response - Did you message Corsair Henry to try out the beta sw/fw for the Scimitar?

The lift setting allows you to adjust how high from the surface the mouse should not report any movements. I have mine set to low because its the lowest setting the mouse can track with on my mouse pad. When I lift the mouse I get the smallest possible accidental movement this way.

Is anyone using the Beta firmware?? Results?

I'm using it, I haven't had a single issue after the update so far. Before I could reproduce the issue 4-5 times daily.

Same experience as terabyte here, though the problem was quite a bit more rare on my end (happened 1-2 times per week) so the fact I've not seen any issues could just be luck, but I doubt it :P

I'm also using the beta firmware and CUE software.

So far so good. Previously I was able to cut the issues down to every couple weeks by using solid lighting. I could consistently cause choppiness and buttons not working within 0-24 hours by turning on rainbow or color shift lighting, however.

I'm at hour 7 now with no issues, and rainbow lighting on (trying to provoke it).

anybody know if there are more colour options in the works for the body, really like the mouse but i want a red one to go with my rig. the bright yellow looks so out of place

Nope, Corsair releases things when Corsair wants. But i agree the yellow is a hard thing for a lot of people to swallow. Black or red would of been better.