Scimitar problems

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Corsair Employee

For everyone whose mouse is not being detected, can you restart CUE and not touch for the mouse for a bit? Wait for about 7 seconds to see if it detects the mouse. If it still shows malfunction, I advise that you call into tech support for a hard reset for the FW.

Which USB port are you using?

Please let me know if the suggestions above doesnt fix your issue.

Edited by Corsair Henry

Bought the mouse few days ago and got it today.

Downloaded and installed CUE software and profile could not be accessed and device status says Malfunction. Spent several hours trying to find a fix until i found this thread.

I have also Corsair K90 keyboard and i removed all the corsair drivers and software several times now and no help at all.

Tried different ports, USB 2 and 3, waited between device connect connects but nothing helps.

Have never had this kind of a problem with a mouse and have used dozens (Logitech, Razer, Mad Catz etc) over the years.

Edited by Xendolan

Corsair is aware of this issue and are working on a fix.

In the mean time try this.

[EXPORT your profiles, lighting, and macros before doing this.]

1. Uninstall CUE.

2. Go to Regedit and search for Corsair

3. Delete anything that pertains to CUE

4. go to C:\Users\(your username)\AppData\Roaming\Corsair\HID and delete the HID folder.

5. Go to Device manager and delete everything under: Keyboards, Human Interface Devices, Mice.

6. Restart.

7. Reinstall CUE, and update the firmware again.

8. PLEASE FILL OUT SYSTEM SPECS

Edited by Inheritance

Tried every step you suggested and no help.

Had few problems when removing some registry values and ofcourse when uninstalling from device manager since need to connect again so that i can use the device again to remove next items on the list.

Also "Devices and Printers" sees both keyboard and mouse without problems.

Software Version has been 1.15.36 from the start and not 100% but i think Firmware version was 2.01 from the start and keep in mind i installed this software first time today. Also after installation the software asks if i want to install new version 2.01 even tho i have that version already and status is Malfunction. Also if i update it, update goes without problem and says successful but still the same malfuncion, Profiles is grayed out.

Edited by Xendolan

Had few problems when removing some registry values and ofcourse when uninstalling from device manager since need to connect again so that i can use the device again to remove next items on the list.

Also "Devices and Printers" sees both keyboard and mouse without problems.

Software Version has been 1.15.36 from the start and not 100% but i think Firmware version was 2.01 from the start and keep in mind i installed this software first time today. Also after installation the software asks if i want to install new version 2.01 even tho i have that version already and status is Malfunction. Also if i update it, update goes without problem and says successful but still the same malfuncion, Profiles is grayed out.

Contact Corsair Support and ask for a hard firmware reset for the mouse. Idk if that will help but worth a try.

Also TO EVERYONE. Please fill out your System Specs. They will need that information. Thanks.

Edited by Inheritance

• Corsair Employee

What is your system specs?

As many others seem to be experiencing, my Scimitar is having an issue with the latest firmware update. I am uploading a screenshot of my settings to see if I am missing something. I have both the latest version of CUE and the mouse firmware. I have tried rebooting my machine, shutting it down and waiting, uninstalling and reinstalling all software, and nothing seems to work. The side buttons are no longer mapped to anything, and the device is listed as malfunctioning in CUE. Also, every time I restart my machine, even though it says I have the latest firmware I still get a prompt telling me a new firmware is available for download, even though it lists me as having the latest and doesn't allow me to update again.

I submitted a ticket explaining my issue and that I was requesting a hard firmware reset via some suggestions on the forum, and the response I got was asking me to do something I already told them I did in my ticket:

Our apologies for the inconvenience Chris. The new Scimitar firmware 2.01 only works with CUE version 1.15.36 and newer. Please install/update to the latest version and let us know of the outcome.

I replied and haven't heard anything since, I don't know what else to do.

scimitar-settings.thumb.jpg.82b285b28a082c2fe1d537051540e613.jpg

• Corsair Employee

Hello cdenslow,

So far we have found that the people who are having this issue is with x58 chipset. We have tested this in our lab and was able to confirm this. For X58, once you have CUE open, your mouse will take longer to detect but it will detect after 5 minutes or so. This is not the solution but a temporary work around to this. Please let me know if your mouse is able to detect after waiting approximately 5 mins. I will continue to work with our engineering to team to find a solution in the mean time.

Ah so it's a MOBO issue. I have noticed that if I leave CUE open long enough the mouse does appear under the device list, but it becomes listed as malfunctioning. I can't change any settings to it though. In my screenshot, in the bottom right of the CUE it usually shows both my STRAFE and the Scimitar icons, but the one for the mouse never pops up for me.

I don't know if any of that helped, but I hope maybe it did. Are there any previous firmware & CUE versions we can revert back to in the meantime?

PM me your email and I will send you the previous FW. This is also for everyone who updated to the latest FW and is experiencing this.

Please provide me with your email in the PM.

So first let me apologize some of you are experiencing this issue with Scimitar. I don't know how this issue started but to give you all some background, I asked Corsair Henry to give out 1.15 as a beta (along with FW 2.01) prior to this release being public. I also have given it out to the official beta testers. This meant that we had at least 40 people with very different hardware configurations (not counting internal QA) test this SW and FW together to ensure it was a smooth experience. We also wanted to ensure it solved the rare problem of Scimitar timing out every now and then.

Out of the 40+ people, we didn't receive a single case of negative feedback where it broke something and our internal testing confirmed this. This is why the issue some of you are reporting is quite perplexing. However, we are putting all of our resources into this to investigate and it may take a few days to gather the information and attempt to reproduce the issue. As of right now, we don't have any systems that can do it so your logs have been well appreciated. We'll do what we can in the quickest turnaround possible.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

If there are any updates to this issue I will be posting updates here

Edited by Inheritance

So i reverted back to the prior FW from Henry and my mouse is now dead.

My email back to Henry was:

"So after reverting back to the given FW, my mouse is now completely

dead. No lights, doesn't work, no CUE acknowledgement or anything. Ive

reinstalled CUE, restarted etc. no avail. Now when i unplug and

reinsert the mouse into a USB slot, windows reads it as a removable

memory, and gives me an error. In devices and printers it shows it as

"Unknown USB device (Device request failed)"."

I have this issue on an ASUS P6X58D-E (X58 chipset) with the onboard Intel ICH10R USB 2.0 Controller.

When I switch to a TP-Link USB 3.0 external Hub (Connected to the onboard NEC USB 3.0 controller) I do not have an issue.

I re-applied the firmware while connected to the USB 3.0 Hub which seems successful and move the mouse back to the USB 2.0 controller. Initially (connecting takes a long time) it seems to work but eventually falls back to Malfunction. Log fills with a lot of Failed events.

@spykexx

Excuse my ignorance.

"Open up the mouse as the removable hardware" as in how?

this is ONLY if reverting back fails and kills the mouse. After restart the mouse should pop up in "my computer" as a removable drive with a letter. Like mine was L: CRP Removable. Right click open, and delete the firmware.bin file and replace with actual firmware.

OMG OMG

So try having it connected to a USB3.0 port, wait say 10 seconds, then switch it to a USB2.0 port. Seems to be working for me. Has to be done every boot unfortunately :(

I'm forty years old and never have had issues like I am with this Scimitar RGB mouse.

Every single time I boot my computer up or reload the CUE I am prompted to install the 2.01 firmware update -- every single time. Why is that?

The CUE intermittently shows Profiles and recognizes my mouse but it seems to take at least 5-10 minutes before this seems to happen whereas before it would work immediately.

My biggest beef is the fact that the CUE is required at all to properly use the mouse. I have a simple setup for my buttons for the thumbpad:

1-2 = back and forward, and 3-12 = F3-F12

Why, if I "Save Profile to Device Memory" does it only save my lighting configuration and not the side button setup?

The CUE itself actually causes video stutter on some websites when I view video in fullscreen; as soon as the CUE is turned off there are no issues. I wish that this mouse could be operated without the CUE; no other software causes this particular problem.

Sure, I'm using a P45/ICH10R machine (USB 1.1/2.0) but it has been tweaked, updated (both with hardware and to Windows 10), and has zero issues except since the 2.01 firmware update and some fullscreen video stutter on particular websites caused by the CUE itself.

Edited by rmx

So far we have found that the people who are having this issue is with x58 chipset. We have tested this in our lab and was able to confirm this. For X58, your mouse will take longer to detect but it will detect after 5 minutes or so.

I can also confirm that this is affecting my X58 build, and the mouse is being detected & working after approximately five minutes.

• Corsair Employee
Spoke with Henry and he told me if this issue happens with it (if it happens to anyone else), Open up the mouse as the removable hardware, remove the old firmware file, drop in the new one and unplug/reinsert and it'll fire right back up

Just to be clear, If the mouse for any reason is detected as a removable device, go ahead open the folder and delete the old firmware in there. Then drag and drop the older firmware and unplug the mouse. Once you plug it back in, it should work again.