The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Audio

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-19-2018, 01:26 AM
pawpaw72546's PC Specs

POST ID # = 981145
pawpaw72546 Reputation: 10
Default Corsair VOID Pro Wired Headset - Extremely low volume

I used my VOID Pro Headset once where it worked as expected - plug and play via the USB dongle. Mic worked fine, sound was great.

Since that first use in early November, I have had nothing but problems with hearing things over the headset. The mic works fine, but I can barely hear any system test sounds or voice prompts even with all volume settings in Windows 10 maxed out.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the headset several times, and it seems like about once in every seven or eight attempts, I get moderately better sound. I can hear conversations with the volumes maxed, and the headset is useable. But it's still not loud. After use and unplugging it, the low volume persists when I go to plug it back in to use it next.

So far I have tried:
  • Uninstalling and reinstalling iCUE
  • Connecting the USB dongle to three different USB ports (1 front panel, 2 rear panel)
  • Updating the Realtek HDAudio driver
  • Uninstalling and completely deleting the Realtek HDAudio drivers, using default MS drivers instead
  • Uninstalling iCUE 3.9.93 and installing an older version 3.6.109

The next step I was thinking of trying was simply connecting the headset to my PC via the 3.5 mm jack with a jack splitter to use the speaker and mic connections (although I'm not sure which input to use with external speakers already connected to my PC). But I honestly have no idea whether I should expect a difference with a 3.5 mm connection vs the USB dongle connection.

I'm at a loss as to what to try next. So I come to you humble and on my knees, begging for new suggestions or troubleshooting to fix this. I love the headset and the mic is much better than past (cheaper) headsets I've used. Is it possible I simply got a dud headset? It seems very unlikely to me, but honestly I'm not quite sure what else to try short of attempting a return/replace through the retailer.

Any troubleshooting tips or suggestions are tremendously appreciated.

Old 11-19-2018, 05:46 PM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 981246
Corsair Mint Reputation: 31

Up off your knees, pawpaw72546, we've things to solve! Really though, can you test the headset on another computer? That'll let us know if it's the headset itself or if it's something on the system that's causing the low volume.

Old 11-20-2018, 12:22 AM
pawpaw72546's PC Specs

POST ID # = 981291

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair Mint View Post
Up off your knees, pawpaw72546, we've things to solve! Really though, can you test the headset on another computer? That'll let us know if it's the headset itself or if it's something on the system that's causing the low volume.
Thanks! So I tried it on a roommate's laptop - an older model with Windows 7 Home Premium still installed. The low volume still persists in this OS environment. The driver it's using in Windows 7 is 6.1.7600.16385 dated 7/13/2009. I turned off the "Allow applications to take exclusive control..." option, I disabled all enhancements. I maxed out the volume control for the Void Pro headset. And I can still barely hear anything upon testing it. Just the faint hint of the test chimes.

This doesn't seem like it bodes well for my headset.

Old 11-20-2018, 06:11 PM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 981390
Corsair Mint Reputation: 31

If your roommate didn't have iCUE installed, then it used the default driver and technically there shouldn't have been issues. Since it still did, then it points the headset. I'd recommend putting in a ticket with support.

http://support.corsair.com

Old 11-21-2018, 12:46 AM
pawpaw72546's PC Specs

POST ID # = 981426

Thanks for the help, I've submitted a ticket.

Old 12-17-2018, 11:30 AM
AvDexter's PC Specs

POST ID # = 985846
AvDexter Reputation: 10
Default .

Have you found a solution yet? I'm having the same problem.

Old 07-16-2019, 10:53 PM
MedTech1's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1011542
MedTech1 Reputation: 10

i had the same problem until my husband pointed out the volume dial on the left head phone..bottom back of it.

Tags
low volume, usb dongle, void pro, windows 10 x64.