Corsair Community

iCUE v5 Lighting Setup, Manual Setup Not Working

After updating to iCUE v5, my fans RGB no longer works, in the lighting setup for my commander pro, I select the setup manually options because these fans are never autodetected. When the manual option is selected, the program just ignores you and defaults to automatic setup no matter what. Normally with manual setup you can choose the device that is connected.

Reverting back to iCUE v4 solved the issue and allowed me to setup my fans RGB like I did before the update.

I am not sure if this is a software bug or Corsair trying to force people to buy only their fans that will be autodetected. 

Had the exact same issue. Thought my fans's RGB ports were broken and it was driving me mad. Basically the v5 software is broken and when I tried to reinstall the previous version I had all sorts of problems. I ended up having to do a clean install of windows to install v4 of iCue and manually set up all my fans. 

The software is abysmal. 

On 5/2/2024 at 5:32 PM, maschus said:

Reverting back to iCUE v4 solved the issue and allowed me to setup my fans RGB like I did before the update.

Yes, unfortunately this seems to be the only option right now.  There is another thread where we worked through it along with some additional issues, but if you have new fans or need to configure a Commander Core or XT, you likely need to uninstall 5.14, download 4.33 from the website, run the lighting wizard to auto detect, then reinstall CUE 5.14 over the top. There should be a correction in the next release, but for the moment this is an issue.