The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > iCUE Software

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 29 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
  #106  
Old 01-19-2020, 04:28 AM
Zotty's Avatar
Zotty Zotty is online now
CORSAIR Beta Team
Zotty's PC Specs
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: South Staffordshire, England, UK
Posts: 3,404
POST ID # = 1031916
Zotty Reputation: 52
Default

hi buddy

you seem to know what you are asking and indeed asking the right questions,,.,

Re the Coolers RGB connections. everyting will sync if connected properly, although some sequential rgb effects may be off,, the way around is if you was to change the 2 ML supplied fans to QL fans you would be able to out them all on the same RGB Fan LED Hub and have them all sync for sequential effects perfectly,

as for the rest of what you said you need... spot on
Reply With Quote
  #107  
Old 01-19-2020, 12:52 PM
kouklo kouklo is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Posts: 4
POST ID # = 1031953
kouklo Reputation: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zotty View Post
hi buddy

you seem to know what you are asking and indeed asking the right questions,,.,

Re the Coolers RGB connections. everyting will sync if connected properly, although some sequential rgb effects may be off,, the way around is if you was to change the 2 ML supplied fans to QL fans you would be able to out them all on the same RGB Fan LED Hub and have them all sync for sequential effects perfectly,

as for the rest of what you said you need... spot on
It seems like great minds think alike. LOL I was actually thinking about replacing the ML fans with the QL but from everything I have read, they are pretty bad as RAD fans. I feel like you have waaaaay more experience in this than I do, is that true?
Reply With Quote
  #108  
Old 01-19-2020, 04:26 PM
Zotty's Avatar
Zotty Zotty is online now
CORSAIR Beta Team
Zotty's PC Specs
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: South Staffordshire, England, UK
Posts: 3,404
POST ID # = 1031973
Zotty Reputation: 52
Default

all i can say is... in my wifes 570x build i had LL fans on a H150i,, we have now changed those to QL fans and saw no change in temps and the fans dont run any faster on the same curves.





Reply With Quote
  #109  
Old 01-19-2020, 05:54 PM
kouklo kouklo is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Posts: 4
POST ID # = 1031984
kouklo Reputation: 10
Default

I know its a little strange to say this, this being the internet and me being a stranger and all.......but......that computer is SEXY AS F@#K!!!!!! LOL. looks like I'm going full QL fans, thanks for the help bro!!!
when everything is said and done ill post pics of my new girl!!!

Almost forgot, didn't I read somewhere (I think from you actually) if you have 6 QL fans then you can't control other LED products from Icue? To be fair, I may have had one too many to drink today and imagining that. LOL

Last edited by kouklo; 01-19-2020 at 05:59 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #110  
Old 01-19-2020, 07:28 PM
DevBiker's Avatar
DevBiker DevBiker is offline
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Republic of Texas
Posts: 8,274
POST ID # = 1031996
DevBiker Reputation: 94
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kouklo View Post
Almost forgot, didn't I read somewhere (I think from you actually) if you have 6 QL fans then you can't control other LED products from Icue? To be fair, I may have had one too many to drink today and imagining that. LOL
That's with the Lighting Node Pro. The MCU on the LNP can't handle any more than that. The Commander Pro, however, can have 2 full channels of 6 QL fans.

As for the "eBay specials" - the stuff from Pirate Dog Tech is quality and Zotty is using a bunch of that stuff in his build. As am I.
__________________
Please click "Edit System Specs" and fill out your system info.

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Helpful Links and FAQs:
AIO FAQ | RGB FAQ |
HydroX FAQ | RGB Cables |
iCUE Tips & Tricks

Reply With Quote
  #111  
Old 01-19-2020, 08:51 PM
kouklo kouklo is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Posts: 4
POST ID # = 1032009
kouklo Reputation: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevBiker View Post
That's with the Lighting Node Pro. The MCU on the LNP can't handle any more than that. The Commander Pro, however, can have 2 full channels of 6 QL fans.

As for the "eBay specials" - the stuff from Pirate Dog Tech is quality and Zotty is using a bunch of that stuff in his build. As am I.
Thanks for the replay brother, ill get the commander pro and it's all good, no need to worry about them "specials". LOL.
you got to admit that it's a little silly Corsair doesn't make some kind of "repeater" for the rest of us. If they want us to go full Corsair then it would make sense that they look at all possible (fan/lighting) scenarios.

THANKS for all the help gentlemen!! Like I said in my last post, I promise to post pics of my new build!!!
Reply With Quote
  #112  
Old 01-20-2020, 03:31 AM
Zotty's Avatar
Zotty Zotty is online now
CORSAIR Beta Team
Zotty's PC Specs
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: South Staffordshire, England, UK
Posts: 3,404
POST ID # = 1032028
Zotty Reputation: 52
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevBiker View Post

As for the "eBay specials" - the stuff from Pirate Dog Tech is quality and Zotty is using a bunch of that stuff in his build. As am I.

Dont think he was referring to PDT dude... PWM repeater hubs...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kouklo View Post
but I can't find the corsair fan repeater anywhere and I don't really trust any kind of eBay "specials" LOL.
but in any case,, nothing wrong with Pirate dog Techs cables,,,

Last edited by Zotty; 01-20-2020 at 03:40 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #113  
Old 01-20-2020, 11:03 PM
Zotty's Avatar
Zotty Zotty is online now
CORSAIR Beta Team
Zotty's PC Specs
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: South Staffordshire, England, UK
Posts: 3,404
POST ID # = 1032183
Zotty Reputation: 52
Default

New advanced diagram added and edits made..

Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:07 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.