Corsair Community

My H100i generates grinding/rattling noises, help please.

ersot

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thank you COOL GUY for the update. The update does indeed resolve the grinding issue. However, now it introduces a totally new issue to contend with. There is now a constant high pitch noise to contend with. Let me clarify that this noise was not present before the update, nor was it present when plugging the fans directly into the motherboard. Please look into this. Depending on how good your hearing is, the noise is pretty disconcerting--which in my case, it is actually worse than having the grinding believe it or not.

Thank you COOL GUY for the update. The update does indeed resolve the grinding issue. However, now it introduces a totally new issue to contend with. There is now a constant high pitch noise to contend with. Let me clarify that this noise was not present before the update, nor was it present when plugging the fans directly into the motherboard. Please look into this. Depending on how good your hearing is, the noise is pretty disconcerting--which in my case, it is actually worse than having the grinding believe it or not.

Exactly the same problem i'm having with the h80i, grinding has gone but now have a high pitched noise :confused:....Thought it was me, i have posted a video (not a very good one mind you).

When I put both H100i fans to Quiet, the noise can be audibly heard. When put into balanced, it gets distorted by the fans noises, but still can be heard. Once put into performance or fixed (2000rpm) noise gets masked (but still audible) by the fan noise (very loud mind you.) I will try to get a video up demonstrating what I mean in due time--possibly tomorrow.

I get a little buzzing with the h100 and 2x SP120QE but it's only audible if I put my head against the roof of the case. I have no idea if it's due to the h100i or the h100 or the SP120QE or fans blowing against a radiator. It could be anything.

Exactly the same as my H100i, high pitched sound after firmware update.

Extremely annoying sound!!

Putting LED on cycle makes a ticking sound.

I'm also having a high pitched buzzing with the H100i after the firmware update. The update DID remove the previously terrible rattling sound, but it is now replaced by this absurdly high pitched noise. The worst part is it cuts in and out every few seconds. This is very disappointing. How did these issues get past QA after all the problems with the original H100? Anyone could hear the rattling was a problem and now this is just as obvious.

I'm also having a high pitched buzzing with the H100i after the firmware update. The update DID remove the previously terrible rattling sound, but it is now replaced by this absurdly high pitched noise. The worst part is it cuts in and out every few seconds. This is very disappointing. How did these issues get past QA after all the problems with the original H100? Anyone could hear the rattling was a problem and now this is just as obvious.

I have exact the same problem here, after firmware update !!

Are there any quality controls at Corsair ?

Sorry for bad english

It may depend on how you have the H100i mounted in your PC case - Rad or fan attached to case. If the radiator is attached to the case with the fans below, any vibration could be amplified. This is the reason some are claiming it is the radiator making the noise. It is a fan noise, not the pump or radiator. Since the fans are attached you can hear the noise through the rad. Sound travels through liquid and metal.

So why do this noise stop if you connect the same fans to the motherboard instead? and one guy in the H100i firmware thread mentioned the noise stopped when he swapped out the H100i fans with SP120's.

It has to be something with the way the H100i fans AND the pump are working togheter.

Well, if you disconnect the fans, the noise is gone. try for yourself, like i did.

As i said, i think this has something to do with the Pump AND the fans working togheter creating this noise. A firmware issue or something.

My H100i is not recogniced my Windows anymore, (firmware failure most probably) and the Corsair logo on the pump no longer light up, so when i turn on my Pc, the fans just spin in a high rpm. and guess what, there is NO high pitched noise what so ever.

Well, if you disconnect the fans, the noise is gone. try for yourself, like i did.

As i said, i think this has something to do with the Pump AND the fans working togheter creating this noise. A firmware issue or something.

My H100i is not recogniced my Windows anymore, (firmware failure most probably) and the Corsair logo on the pump no longer light up, so when i turn on my Pc, the fans just spin in a high rpm. and guess what, there is NO high pitched noise what so ever.

I just sent my H100i back to Corsair yesterday for RMA due to this exact issue. I wonder if the firmware update has bricked some H100i's. RAMGUY did say that he wanted to take a look at some of these units himself.

• 1 month later...

Archived