Corsair Community

My H100i generates grinding/rattling noises, help please.

ersot

Spoken with two enthusiasts so far that received their new H100i Hydro Coolers and they are having zero noise issues, running perfectly quiet, amazingly silent. Mine is on a UPS truck travelling from California across the country, and the dude is probably parked at a Super 8 right now eating waffles instead of driving my H100i over to me.:biggrin:

Will let you guys know some results and thermals Wednesday.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unfortunately, I have the unit already packed away so I won't be able to take any more additional footage.

No problem, RAM GUY. Also I'd like to add (that is if it even matters) that I do not use a Link Commander and I connected everything directly to the motherboard.

My updated Advance Replacement RMA number is 1283179.

So do we expect now that every H100i possibly sold cannot have a fault? The H100 had a widespread fault, this just sounds like a case of bad luck getting a faulty H100i as can happen with any product you purchase. No use jumping to conclusions about the H100i having the same pump issues as the H100.

Bad news, new unit has the same issue. :(

RAM GUY--If it is too much to ask, would it be alright to request Corsair to send me a fan cable splitters, so that I may use the fans on the H100i. Unfortunately I only have one spare fan port open left on my motherboard. Also, I did what echosky suggested and the rattling did in fact die down. However, again; I only have one fan port left open on my motherboard, so I won't be able to do that.

Also, I would highly suggest Corsair to include one or two(for those wishing to do a push-pull config) cable splitters with the H100i in the meantime, while you guys manage to solve this irritable issue.

• Corsair Employee
I was just informed we have identified the issue and a new firmware should be released shortly that will correct this... In the event it is determined to be another issue in the final determination we will inform you.

If you have a H100i or H80i, you can use the Link software if you connect your cooler by the usb connection cable. Is in the box.

Hehe, I just noticed it by watching an unboxing video of the H100i, pretty awsome thingy! Time to swap my H100 for the new model. :D:

So do we expect now that every H100i possibly sold cannot have a fault? The H100 had a widespread fault, this just sounds like a case of bad luck getting a faulty H100i as can happen with any product you purchase. No use jumping to conclusions about the H100i having the same pump issues as the H100.

I just bought mine like 2 days ago... and that grinding noise is there :), if i unplug all the fans from the pump and connect them to either the motherboard or directly to the powersupply... the sound is gone, the pump then becomes very silent as if it wasnt there...

so its definitely not the fans, but by doing this I lose the option of fan controls through the corsair link (via the pump). So when I reconnect the 2 fans back to the pump, that grinding noise comes back.

Alot of people are starting to say the same thing (browsing around).

At this point, I just left the fans on Performance(through corsair link) by doing this, the fans speeds up (im assuming its being fed with more voltage) by doing so the grinding noise from the pump disappears.

i'd rather have loud fans than an annoying grinding noise that reaches my teeth and makes me wanna break it :p

I hope corsair has a solution to this, I read somewhere that it may be solved through Firmware Update? or do I have to RMA the whole thing.... :(

I unpacked mine to do some testing. I had a lot of issues. So I've packed it away again to return. But what I found was that the rattling was the least of the problems which could easily be overcome by turning up the rpm or switching to a fan profile higher than quiet. The real problems for me were the other ones as in the link above. So if you only have the rattling and no other problems then you're lucky. If you haven't opened yours yet my recommendation would be to wait and see what Corsair say and what fixes they release. That way you may save a lot of time. Although it's up to you.

Same issue using 4x SP120, but weird thing seem like there only 1 fan out of the 4 making a weird noise.. when unplugged the "weird grinding noise" go away.

I'll do some more testing tonight.

BTW any news about the firmware update for the H100i ?

RAM GUY, it has been 1 week since you last issued the statement stating that a new firmware would be shortly released to fix this noise issue. Exactly, how much longer must I and many others must wait?

Again, I must reiterate from a previous posting...

RAM GUY--If it is too much to ask, would it be alright to request Corsair to send me a fan cable splitters, so that I may use the fans on the H100i. Unfortunately I only have one spare fan port open left on my motherboard. Also, I did what echosky suggested and the rattling did in fact die down. However, again; I only have one fan port left open on my motherboard, so I won't be able to do that.

Also, I would highly suggest Corsair to include one or two(for those wishing to do a push-pull config) cable splitters with the H100i in the meantime, while you guys manage to solve this irritable issue.

Since this issue lies with the manufacturer, I believe it would fall into Corsair's hand to at least remedy the issue, one way or another. If you need my proof of purchase, I would more than gladly send it to customer service in order to redeem a pair of fan cable splitters. Thank you for taking the time to read this, again I would hope this issue gets resolved as promptly as possible. Thank you, and take it easy (also, have a happy thanks giving.)

Archived