Corsair Community

iCue Link Max brightness reduced due to hub power limitation and pump noise

"This week".. well.. you have about 23 hrs left then.. 😆

• Corsair Employee
16 hours ago, Malarky94 said:

"This week".. well.. you have about 23 hrs left then.. 😆

It should've been posted by the end of the week. The larger team signed off on a Beta FW to be posted here but I'm unsure why it's not up. I'll look into this when I'm back in the office tomorrow... 

Will this also fix the flashing red of the fans? The port 1 and 2 overcurrent warnings?

Edit: When trying to install the zipfile as firmware for the iCue LINK system hub, it says invalid firmware.

Edited by Malarky94

• Corsair Employee
1 hour ago, Malarky94 said:

Will this also fix the flashing red of the fans? The port 1 and 2 overcurrent warnings?

Edit: When trying to install the zipfile as firmware for the iCue LINK system hub, it says invalid firmware.

Yea, seeing this issue with the firmware package as well. Apparently I can't edit and remove my link, so I'll just delete it. We'll get this posted tomorrow 100% with a working firmware package. 

• Like 2

Eagerly awaiting the release of this update..

• Corsair Employee
1 hour ago, Malarky94 said:

Eagerly awaiting the release of this update..

We're a west coast company, so bear with us while we eat lunch. I reviewed the post and firmware file with the team earlier. This is still going to go live today... 

• Like 1

• Corsair Employee
Just now, Ronsav said:

I was able to download and update...sadly my pump did not get any brighter.

Then your pump is at the correct brightness. The black AIOs have a tinted cap, like a taillight. So these will always be a little dimmer than the parts that don't have tinted diffusers. 

Update went fine for me. Easy install, no weird things afterwards like lights not working or any errors.

Now to test if it has also fixed the flashing red of the fans after 5-10 min of playing World of Warcraft....

7 minutes ago, shocksim said:

Then your pump is at the correct brightness. The black AIOs have a tinted cap, like a taillight. So these will always be a little dimmer than the parts that don't have tinted diffusers. 

Makes sense i guess, still kind of disappointing coming from a Capelix.

Updated the FW, everything seems to be working fine on mine. 10 QX120 with h150i and an LCD kit pump cap. 

EDIT: never  experienced with red LEDs as mentioned by everyone but cross fingers xD all lighting effects including time warps ,murals, lcd screen is seems to be okay.

Edited by uPixels
tweak comments for everyone to read

• Corsair Employee
16 minutes ago, giggsy11 said:

So i just updated and now my pump and one of my 10 fans no longer lights up with icue running, i've tried rebooting.

They do work in hardware mode though.

I would try clicking the Device Enumeration under the device settings. If that still doesn't work, then I would do a clean iCUE install. Be sure to back up your profiles beforehand. 

• Corsair Employee
2 hours ago, silveraga said:

Will this be a firmware we need to manually download on this forum or we'll get it in ICUE?

Download only right now. If we don't see any bigger issues with the firmware in the field or in our extended regression testing, we'll eventually push this via the update server (in iCUE). 

Just wanted to say that I can verify that this fixed a few issues for me:

1. Red Triangle issue on my link LCD
  2. Fan Brightness and iCue Warnings

Thanks for keeping us updated during this process and all the hardwork getting the update pushed out. 

So far no overcurrent warnings or flashing red of the RGB lighting. Not even when I am trying to trigger it by playing WoW.

Almost afraid to say this and jinx it.. but so far so good.

49 minutes ago, shocksim said:

I would try clicking the Device Enumeration under the device settings. If that still doesn't work, then I would do a clean iCUE install. Be sure to back up your profiles beforehand. 

No success with either method, although when uninstalling i did not delete my user settings, as i wanted to check it worked without losing my configuration, i also tried unplugging and plugging everything back in.

My current configuration is 7x QX120 fans on one port and 3x QX120 fans on the other, and a H150i. In iCUE when i configure the LINK system hub it does not show the one fan that won't light up, or the pump, although both are running.

I have gone back to the previous firmware and everything works as before, i can try and uninstall and iCUE and remove my user settings if you think it will help.

The update made things worse.  LCD screen still flickers and now 4 of my fans are dark.  Device Enumeration didn't bring the fans back.

I was able to do a Force Update back to 1.8.369 and at least everything is back to how it was before, with the Brightness Reduced warning and all that.

is there any solution to the flickering/bouncing LCD display on the Link H150i LCD?  If I could just solve that I wouldn't even bother with these updates again.  I've tried forcing firmware update, power all the way down, etc., but nothing permanently fixes it.

Did not solve my issue, i had 6 fans + pump on port 1 and 1 fan on port 2 and error showed up. Tried switching two fans on port 2 and it persists. I don't understand what's going on. It works and if i start gaming in Helldivers or star citizen the issue comes back. 

image.thumb.png.e4a79c6f574e47ec6d21de95d83e8c14.pngimage.png.75e8d29984a545dc3c82ccaa1124c95a.png

Edited by silveraga

2 hours ago, Malarky94 said:

Update went fine for me. Easy install, no weird things afterwards like lights not working or any errors.

Now to test if it has also fixed the flashing red of the fans after 5-10 min of playing World of Warcraft....

Any issues for you yet? - I am still on Firmware 1.6.x dealing with just the overcurrent warnings, luckily i never updated to 1.8.x but yeah, I am honestly scared to touch anything until i see people having no issues..