Corsair Community

iCue Link Max brightness reduced due to hub power limitation and pump noise

35 minutes ago, Gggggas said:

I have a Link hub, on the LEFT has H170i LCD + 1 fan and on the RIGHT 7 fans so like everyone here I got the Maximum brightness error.

I just connected a second hub.

1st hub LEFT has H170i LCD + 1 fan RIGHT has 4 fans.

2nd hub LEFT has 3 fans RIGHT is empty

I still get the brightness error. 

I am waiting for Corsair to fix the beta version link because it no longer works saying that I am not authorized to enter.

Well this makes me less inclined to install a second hub to see if that would correct the brightness error issue 😤

22 hours ago, Sassums said:

Well this makes me less inclined to install a second hub to see if that would correct the brightness error issue 😤

Yeah I spoke to a lot of people from Corsair and they just told me to ignore the warning as long as I am within the limits that they mention for each side of the hub which are 7 fans in total on each side. 

They are working on an update that will probably get rid of the warning for those with up to 7 fans and they will also bring support to up to 14 fans from what I remember just like the Beta firmware with a scaling 10% brightness penalty.

On 4/2/2024 at 6:14 PM, Gggggas said:

Yeah I spoke to a lot of people from Corsair and they just told me to ignore the warning as long as I am within the limits that they mention for each side of the hub which are 7 fans in total on each side. 

They are working on an update that will probably get rid of the warning for those with up to 7 fans and they will also bring support to up to 14 fans from what I remember just like the Beta firmware with a scaling 10% brightness penalty.

I guess my question is is the brightness actually being dimmed or is it just a software error?

7 hours ago, Sassums said:

I guess my question is is the brightness actually being dimmed or is it just a software error?

From what they told me it is a software error as long as we stay within the 7 fans limits on each side of the hub. I asked them if there is a way to check the brighness percentage but they said that there is none though we shouldn't worry cause the issue will be fixed on the upcoming update.

6 hours ago, tomwarren said:

@shocksim any update on when this will be addressed? I see that the beta BIOS has been removed.

THIS PLEASE. However, I still see the beta firmware for the Link Hub, what are you referring to? BIOS?

Edited by Deaglenest

On 4/1/2024 at 8:41 PM, Sassums said:

I didn't want to install the beta software - so - I installed another hub.  I am under 7 devices on each cable entering the hubs.

Did NOT fix the brightness issue whatsoever.   

Based on my findings, I would not install another hub.  This is a firmware issue 'working as planned' due to an overall power consumption issue with the architecture - or a 'bug'...

On 3/22/2024 at 12:58 PM, SW20 said:

Thanks to those who took the time to test BETA firmware v2.3.427, we appreciate the help!

We were working on this new feature to increase the maximum number of supported devices to the iCUE LINK ecosystem in parallel with addressing the "overcurrent" notification. Looks like we still have some work to do based on a few unfortunate experiences seen on this thread but we hope to squash the "overcurrent" notification very shortly. Apologies for those of you who are experiencing it, please give us a bit more time to address this inconvenience. 

Is a month not sufficient for at least an update? any new information would be appreciated by the community.

• Like 2

Anyone tested if that issue happens if you're connected on a PCIE 6PINS alone without anything else? I'm wondering if it's because on the same cable i have the GPU and the ICUE connected to it that's it's doing that false error. Sadly i don't have a free PCIE cable to test.

1 hour ago, silveraga said:

Anyone tested if that issue happens if you're connected on a PCIE 6PINS alone without anything else? I'm wondering if it's because on the same cable i have the GPU and the ICUE connected to it that's it's doing that false error. Sadly i don't have a free PCIE cable to test.

You don't have to worry about that, the problem is in the software that will hopefully be updated soon.

• Like 1

• Corsair Employee
On 4/14/2024 at 1:51 PM, Deaglenest said:

Is a month not sufficient for at least an update? any new information would be appreciated by the community.

A lot of things at play since we're doubling the maximum amount of support devices for the iCUE LINK ecosystem so development and testing can take some time unfortunately. We wanted to ensure we could address the overcurrent notification that users are experiencing, stand by for public firmware shortly. 

• Like 2

• Corsair Employee
On 3/18/2024 at 5:27 PM, GrumpyOldGrognard said:

The update made things worse.  LCD screen still flickers and now 4 of my fans are dark.  Device Enumeration didn't bring the fans back.

I was able to do a Force Update back to 1.8.369 and at least everything is back to how it was before, with the Brightness Reduced warning and all that.

is there any solution to the flickering/bouncing LCD display on the Link H150i LCD?  If I could just solve that I wouldn't even bother with these updates again.  I've tried forcing firmware update, power all the way down, etc., but nothing permanently fixes it.

Hi, thanks for your feedback. Just to confirm, was the LCD flickering present before you updated your iCUE to v5.12? 

18 minutes ago, SW20 said:

A lot of things at play since we're doubling the maximum amount of support devices for the iCUE LINK ecosystem so development and testing can take some time unfortunately. We wanted to ensure we could address the overcurrent notification that users are experiencing, stand by for public firmware shortly. 

Will the public firmware address the issues many of us experienced with the beta firmware where fans disappeared from iCUE?

43 minutes ago, SW20 said:

Well, I  and I am sure 'we' appreciate your responding with and update.

• Corsair Employee
25 minutes ago, tomwarren said:

Will the public firmware address the issues many of us experienced with the beta firmware where fans disappeared from iCUE?

I believe there are some remnants in the iCUE registry files that aren't playing nice with the new firmware for some users. We've seen that a clean reinstall fixes this issue every time, try using something like Revo Uninstaller. You can test this currently with the BETA firmware right now. 

5 hours ago, SW20 said:

I believe there are some remnants in the iCUE registry files that aren't playing nice with the new firmware for some users. We've seen that a clean reinstall fixes this issue every time, try using something like Revo Uninstaller. You can test this currently with the BETA firmware right now. 

Thanks that's worked fine for me. I'm now on the beta firmware and the brightness issue is fully fixed!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/16/2024 at 11:22 AM, Gggggas said:

You don't have to worry about that, the problem is in the software that will hopefully be updated soon.

Well seems like after putting the ICUE LINK on a separate PCIE connector to the PSU without any other devices connected to it solved my issue. I don't have the fans flashing red for now. Will report back if issue comes back, but since the last 48h i haven't had any issues . 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, silveraga said:

Well seems like after putting the ICUE LINK on a separate PCIE connector to the PSU without any other devices connected to it solved my issue. I don't have the fans flashing red for now. Will report back if issue comes back, but since the last 48h i haven't had any issues . 

That is great news buddy, I didn't know that it had your fans flashing red I thought that you had the typical brightness warning but I am glad that you got it solved 😊👍

On 4/17/2024 at 1:58 PM, SW20 said:

So you are saying to do a clean uninstall and reinstall of ICUE entirely with Revo and then follow the Beta Firmware install instructions?

Edited by Deaglenest

11 hours ago, Deaglenest said:

So you are saying to do a clean uninstall and reinstall of ICUE entirely with Revo and then follow the Beta Firmware install instructions?

I did the same just to be 100% sure that it would be working great 👍

So i'm confused, i still see people talking about the BETA firmware when there is a newer public firmware available.

I just updated to this and two of my lights went off (as seen on the BETA firmware) .

Does the same advice still apply to uninstall and re-install iCUE to fix this problem?

I did try this on the BETA (i kept my user settings) and it did not resolve the issue, and i would rather not delete my user settings as i would have to re-set up all my profiles, fan names and murals etc.

Any advice?

• Corsair Employee
On 4/19/2024 at 5:52 AM, silveraga said:

Oh were you using a shared PCIE power connector? These are designed to run on their own PCIE power and not to be shared.