Corsair Community

iCue Link Max brightness reduced due to hub power limitation and pump noise

• Corsair Employee

Hi all,

Thanks to all the users who tried our BETA, trying to get the word out that we've released public firmware, v2.4.438, for the iCUE LINK System Hub today (4/22/2024). 

Changelog:
Removed firmware OCP measurement. 
Added new device addressing to support device count of 24.

This will address:

- Brightness limitations

- Overcurrent notifications

If you happen to lose lighting control to some of your iCUE LINK devices please reinstall iCUE. We understand that this can be sort of an annoyance but we're looking into why this happens, sorry!

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, SW20 said:

Hi all,

Thanks to all the users who tried our BETA, trying to get the word out that we've released public firmware, v2.4.438, for the iCUE LINK System Hub today (4/22/2024). 

Changelog:
Removed firmware OCP measurement. 
Added new device addressing to support device count of 24.

This will address:

- Brightness limitations

- Overcurrent notifications

If you happen to lose lighting control to some of your iCUE LINK devices please reinstall iCUE. We understand that this can be sort of an annoyance but we're looking into why this happens, sorry!

Mine is fixed! Did a clean uninstall and reinstall and upgraded to the new link hub firmware and all errors gone so far! 

Can we get some mouse pads for our troubles? 😃

No but seriously, thanks, finally! 

• Haha 1

Firmware v2.4.438 works for me as well.  All my fans are detected and brightness is the same as in hardware mode.

I did have to do a clean reinstall of iCUE to get it fully working.  Prior to the update I was already running iCUE v5.12.97.  When I updated the hub firmware, 4 of my 10 fans were not detected; they went dark and were not shown in the iCUE app.  I tried doing Device Enumeration several times and powering the machine all the way down and up, but nothing changed.  I uninstalled iCUE completely, restarted the system, and downloaded and installed v5.12.97 again, and as soon as it started up everything was detected and working - all fans are now detected.

Edited by GrumpyOldGrognard

On 4/17/2024 at 2:17 PM, SW20 said:

Hi, thanks for your feedback. Just to confirm, was the LCD flickering present before you updated your iCUE to v5.12? 

I don't think so, although to be honest I am not sure any more.  I will keep an eye on it and report back if the flickering resumes.  It isn't doing it now, but of course I've only had the new firmware installed for less than an hour at this point.

I installed the firmware on both of my hubs...  I rebooted and the brightness reduction message no longer came up.  All fans were detected etc.  HOWEVER the brightness at 100% is still at a reduced level.  Did Corsair 'fix' the issue by reducing power permanently to fix the power over commit message AND the brightness reduced message?  With icue not running - brightenss in the case is dramatically increased...

Please advise

thx

34 minutes ago, LGabrielPhoto said:

I got the latest one and now things are worse!
I have two sets of 3x120 fans and when iCue loads, 2 of the fans of each set turn black (but still spinning) 😕

did you deinstall and re install icue?  If not - that is what is advised by Corsair...