Corsair Community

Corsair K100 freezes after latest firmware update

Nice work on getting back to us about this issue... At this point, how do I go about returning to Corsair for a refund? Bestbuy said I am past my return window. This product is 6 months old and does not function as your company describes it. 

I did not see anything in the product description on your website about having to unplug and re-plug in your $250 keyboard over and over each day to keep it functioning.

Furthermore, you continue to sell a defective product on your website that does not function and from what we can all see on this forum, have ZERO idea how to fix. I am sure people are happy to keep purchasing one of the most expensive keyboards on the market and have no recourse when it turns out to be a complete waste of money. 

After trying all the "fixes" that were described and did not work, I field a support ticket as suggested by a Corsair employee... I sent that in 9 days ago with 0 response...506992921_K100Freeze.thumb.png.52466dc2dd9c456f945ca39c8114396c.png

Interesting. I just now found this thread after being in a back and forth with the Corsair support since November.

I am on the FOURTH K100 because it has been exchanged by Amazon twice and RMA'ed by Corsair once. All of them had this issue.

They sent me instructions for a hard-reset with the pinhole in the back but I did not work. According to the instructions a new drive should pop up onto which I was supposed to "install" a .bin file but the drive never showed up so they initiated a RMA.

Closing ICUE seems to fix it for me. Multiple days with no freezing/disconnecting.

The disconnect only happens if ICUE is running, Obviously not ideal but a workaround for some.

22 hours ago, josh125 said:

Closing ICUE seems to fix it for me. Multiple days with no freezing/disconnecting.

The disconnect only happens if ICUE is running, Obviously not ideal but a workaround for some.

I have tried it with and without ICUE, the problem is still the same for me. I have tried everything I could think of but have not found a solution. The problem is the firmware and I hope it gets fixed. 

I have the same problem as everyone else. Constant lockups and need to unplug a $250 keyboard, and iCue just giving me "update failed" on the firmware. I'd like this keyboard a lot if it worked but at this point I think I need to return it and get something else.

Well, can add me to the list of users experiencing it on multiple keyboards. I got the first one RMAed, but the replacement is doing it to.

It does seem much rarer on the replacement...the first one was doing it every day, sometimes multiple times, while this one I've only had it happen twice so far, but exact same symptoms.

This one is on firmware 1.9.26, deliberately did not update it.

@Corsair Nick I replied on the email support ticket I have open as well.

On 1/12/2023 at 8:34 AM, 4ng31 said:

I can say that this affects EVERY recent keyboard. A friend got an older build, where no newer firmware is available and his FW version differs A LOT. He got no problems.

I've got at CH-912A01A-DE with iCue 4.32.129 at firmware 1.11.34.

Windows 10 up2date

Polling rate is at 1000hz and i don't dare to change that. Keyboard is plugged to a USB3 Hub, because this kinda lowers the frequency of the problem.

The problem occurs no matter if iCue is running or not.

I had the K100 before and returned it mid december. At that time i had the latest firmware and ran the latest iCue software. The problem occured daily in the middle of a game.

With the replacement K100 i'm sticking to firmware 1.11.34 (latest is 1.11.39), latest iCue and a usb hub between keyboard and mainboard. Now the problem only occurs every 2-3 days. Problem is the same: Keyboard stops responding, led's are stuck to the last color (no animation anymore), repeats the last key endlessly. Only un- and replugging the usb cable resolves this problem.

This is one of the most expensive keyboards on the market. Stop making excuses, talking around the problem and deliver some value. Such a fail could easily end a company

Hi,

Just to clarify are you saying that their are 2 different versions of the K100? I was just browsing the forums and saw this thread about K100 issues and it got me concerned.  I had a look in iCue and the firmware version for my keyboard is currently 0.33.265 with no updates available (not that I would do an update after reading all of this...)  Does that mean I have an older revision of the K100?

Is there any other way to tell the build date or version of the keyboard that you know of?

Thanks

8 hours ago, Tunza42 said:

Hi,

Just to clarify are you saying that their are 2 different versions of the K100? I was just browsing the forums and saw this thread about K100 issues and it got me concerned.  I had a look in iCue and the firmware version for my keyboard is currently 0.33.265 with no updates available (not that I would do an update after reading all of this...)  Does that mean I have an older revision of the K100?

Is there any other way to tell the build date or version of the keyboard that you know of?

Thanks

It’s hard since Corsair isn’t giving us any information. But what seems to be that the issue is related to the last firmware update, not the keyboard version itself.  For now Corsair suspended all firmware updates via icue to K100, that’s why you don’t see any update. They are avoiding more people get stuck with a semi-working keyboard. The flagship one. Let’s hope they fix this or I will be returning mine too.

I bought the keyboard but I was very disappointed. I bought the K100 opx model. You cannot run 2 macros at the same time. Only 1 macro works. Also, if you run a macro, the keyboard sometimes becomes completely useless. To regain access, you have to unplug the usb cable and plug it back in. All these issues make for a lousy gaming experience.

Is this ever going to be fixed? Can we not just be provided with older firmware?

4 hours ago, josh125 said:

Is this ever going to be fixed? Can we not just be provided with older firmware?

Bought it October, spent countless of hours troubleshooting it.  During conversations, they made it seem like it's my software that was causing the issue, re formatted my PC, did all kind of stuff, if you have other corsair products, iCue will cause it to lock up due to the keyboard, its when I plugged it in to my kid's PC and my mac computer, was doing the same thing.  Good thing I used my Amex to buy it, they just issued me a refund since I was out of a return window.  It's here collecting dust.

I feel bad for others dealing with the same problem, Corsair should swap it out for a different model keyboard as a solution.

This situation looks like a circus

Send a ticket but don't expect anything you don't already know

1.5 months since I sent the ticket and they have answered me only 2 times asking for things that I had already provided or said

If you add the wonderful communication they have had in this thread I think it is quite clear that they do not care about this type of problem.

This was the kind of push i needed to try other brands of peripherals

On 2/1/2023 at 2:48 AM, Corsair Nick said:

There is a workaround that we would like you to try and see if this improves the freezing behavior.  This was suggested by another user for a different issue, but might help here as well.

• Create a new profile in iCUE
  • Select the Control Wheel setting
  • Turn off Macro Recording the toggle
  • Select Device settings
  • Delete the Default Profile
  • Save the new profile you created to the K100 Device memory

If you have created any custom Hardware profiles previous, we recommend saving them to iCUE first before deleting them.  You will need to select the triple dot option to save them.

This seems to have worked for me, ever since applying this workaround, well over a couple of weeks now, my K100 only failed once.

Last Friday I finally received an answer to my ticket I created at the beginning of February. I am happy to report that the answer included that the problem is known and it is currently being worked on. I think we are moving in the right direction here and I am as always hopeful that it gets fixed soon. 

I also switched from Razer to Corsair last year and build my whole new PC around Corsair products. Other than the firmware issue with the K100, I am a very happy customer. I understand that it takes time to fix a bug, but I would have hoped that there would be the possibility to roll back to the firmware my keyboard was delivered, where I had no problems with it.

• Like 1

• Corsair Employee
On 2/16/2023 at 10:42 AM, josh125 said:

We are working towards providing a solution for all of you that are experiencing the freezing behavior.  As soon as we have an update available, we'll provide the information here for all of you.

• Thanks 3

• Corsair Employee

Quick follow up, we released a couple iCUE versions since the original issues were reported.  Can you confirm if you are on the latest version of iCUE?  It should be 4.33.138, which can be checked under settings in the upper right corner of iCUE and under the "Updates" tab.

Support mail vonHeute: 

Xxxx(Corsair)

Feb 23, 2023, 09:14 PST

Sehr geehrter Herr xxxx

vielen Dank dafür, dass Sie den CORSAIR Tech Support kontaktiert haben. Entschuldigen Sie bitte die verspätete Rückmeldung, leider kommt es aktuell zu einer erhöhten Anzahl von Anfragen und damit entsprechend zu Verzögerungen.

Leider konnten wir bisher keine Lösung für diesen Bug finden.

Der einzige Workaround aktuell wäre, ICUE vollständig zu schließen und die Tastatur dann so weiterzunutzen.

Wenn Sie ICUE für ihre andere Produkte benötigen, können wir auch einen Austausch aus Kulanz durchführen.
Ich würde ihnen dann die K100 MX Speed als Ersatz zusenden, da der Fehler bei dieser Version nicht auftaucht.

Bitte senden Sie uns zusätzlich ein Foto der Tastatur mit sichtbarem Etikett zu, sowie eine Kopie der Rechnung in PDF-Form.
Ebenfalls benötige ich Ihre vollständige Adresse und Telefonnummer für den Versand.

Vielen Dank und freundliche Grüße,

Xxxx
CORSAIR Tech Support

Die K100 war mein letztes Corsair Produkt...
Austausch kommt nicht in frage.
Tastatur geht zurück zu Amazon.

3 hours ago, Corsair Nick said:

Quick follow up, we released a couple iCUE versions since the original issues were reported.  Can you confirm if you are on the latest version of iCUE?  It should be 4.33.138, which can be checked under settings in the upper right corner of iCUE and under the "Updates" tab.

Hi, yes I'm running version 4.33.138 of iCUE, the problem still persists in this version. Just for the record the firmware my K100 is running is 1.11.39. The freeze happens about once a week for me and i'm using it half the day. If you need further information just tell me what you need to know.

Edited by Szene