Corsair Community

Introducing the CORSAIR XENEON FLEX 45WQHD240 OLED Bendable Ultrawide Gaming Display

• Corsair Employee

XENEON_FLEX_RENDER_01.thumb.png.e4f086046b51fcc118a36692633ecebe.png

Hey everyone,

We are super excited to announce a very first to monitors... a bendable ultrawide gaming display, the XENEON FLEX 🖥️! Featuring revolutionary bendable OLED technology engineered by LG Display, this versatile monitor is an absolute game changer, allowing you to adjust its curve from completely flat to an immersive 800R to tailor to you. Check out the specs and details below! 🤩

To learn more about the CORSAIR XENEON FLEX 45WQHD240, please click HERE. Let us know what you guys think below! We're ecstatic about the feedback for this one. 🥳

• Like 1

If this is competitively priced then I'm in !!!

The low resolution might be a deal breaker though along with no vesa mount otherwise ticks many boxes

Edited by Georgi73
adding info

bit afraid about twisting it. I readjust my screens all the time as i change position at my desk so i'd move it like 10 times a day.

But anyway, no VESA mount is a definitive no no. Swivel arms free up so much real estate and are so much more adjustable that i don't see any reason to make the default clunky support not removable.

The connectors coming out the back at right angle are also scary. Display port cables are friggin heavy and stiff, and most HDMI ones of decent quality are too. I don't see those lasting very long before snapping.

The panel looks effing impressive. The support effing terrible 🙂

I like everything about this monitor, except the panel size and the fact it can't be mounted. For the former, some tech channels previewing the engineering samples have cited the screen-door effect, given it is 240Hz 1440p at 45", suggesting a 32" panel might be more reasonable.

However, I think what would be even better is to split the difference - make this a 38" WQHD monitor, offering a larger panel height, whilst retaining some of its extended panel length...

As for mountings, if these were located above the ports on its control box, this could satisfy a suitable monitor arm solution. The feet could, then, form part of a separate stand the monitor would slot into.

Edited by Hyncharas

• Corsair Employee
On 8/26/2022 at 8:18 AM, Georgi73 said:

If this is competitively priced then I'm in !!!

The low resolution might be a deal breaker though along with no vesa mount otherwise ticks many boxes

Wish you could witness the display in person - the resolution is far from low 😅. Fair criticism on the VESA mounting!

On 8/26/2022 at 1:57 PM, LeDoyen said:

bit afraid about twisting it. I readjust my screens all the time as i change position at my desk so i'd move it like 10 times a day.

But anyway, no VESA mount is a definitive no no. Swivel arms free up so much real estate and are so much more adjustable that i don't see any reason to make the default clunky support not removable.

The connectors coming out the back at right angle are also scary. Display port cables are friggin heavy and stiff, and most HDMI ones of decent quality are too. I don't see those lasting very long before snapping.

The panel looks effing impressive. The support effing terrible 🙂

We wouldn't offer the ability to adjust the curvature if it wasn't safe - there will be measures in place to ensure you don't overdo it. The stand contains the components/brains for the monitor. Typically, these are packed behind the monitor panel, but we couldn't do that since we're providing the ability to FLEX the panel. 😎

As always, appreciate your input!

On 8/28/2022 at 11:21 AM, Hyncharas said:

I like everything about this monitor, except the panel size and the fact it can't be mounted. For the former, some tech channels previewing the engineering samples have cited the screen-door effect, given it is 240Hz 1440p at 45", suggesting a 32" panel might be more reasonable.

However, I think what would be even better is to split the difference - make this a 38" WQHD monitor, offering a larger panel height, whilst retaining some of its extended panel length...

As for mountings, if these were located above the ports on its control box, this could satisfy a suitable monitor arm solution. The feet could, then, form part of a separate stand the monitor would slot into.

The larger panel height would just have the monitor encroach on TV aspect ratio territory, which IMO isn't as suitable for a desktop monitor. My optometrist would probably scold me, too.

We hope everyone will be able to witness the XENEON FLEX in-person! With all of this feedback regarding mounting, I do want to say we are looking into a mount for this monitor. That feedback is heard loud and clear.

1 hour ago, Corsair Albert said:

The stand contains the components/brains for the monitor. Typically, these are packed behind the monitor panel, but we couldn't do that since we're providing the ability to FLEX the panel. 😎

As always, appreciate your input!

A module behind the monitor, that would feature the VESA mount, and cable inputs from below (and flex mount on the front) would be a great improvement for eventual future iterations 🙂

Something that would look like those ultra flat all-in-one PCs, but flexible for example.

Large supports for wide monitors take a lot of real estate. VESA mount is not as bankable as a diagonal dimension or a high refresh rate spec, but that's often the first thing many look for. The rest of the specs take second plan when you can't mount the monitor on your desk to start with ^^

I'm so used to my LG C1 OLED with it's 4K resolution that I'm afraid to go any lower. 

With the introduction of the new 40 series of Nvidia cards soon which will easily handle 4K I feel that you may have missed a trick by only going 1440P.  I understand that it will increase the cost but in my opinion worth it.

well. i guess they go by what LG has available 🙂

If the flex screen gets popular, no doubt there will be more complicated and higher resolution panels.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Corsair Employee
On 9/29/2022 at 7:33 AM, Victor GR said:

When will it be available for purchase in South America?

There is no available date as of right now, once the monitor is officially released we will have it posted 😄 The fastest way to be on top of updates for the XENEON FLEX is to join our newsletter at the bottom here!

• 2 months later...

As it's launching very soon any updates on pricing?

• Corsair Employee

Tune in this Thursday (12/15/22) for our livestream event of the bendable CORSAIR XENEON FLEX! Aside from the live reveal, we'll also be having special guests and giveaways!

The livestream starts at 9 AM PST / 12 PM EST / 6 PM CET. Learn more HERE.

CORSAIR YouTube Channel

CORSAIR Twitch.tv Channel

image.thumb.png.a3bbcf89003944a4046b6b87e92e1471.png

• 1 month later...

Hi! I am very interested in the 45WQHD240, but I still have unanswered questions.

The monitor should be able to handle the function "picture by picture (not picture in picture).

But I can't find any material/ pictures that explain the picture by picture (PBP) function.

I want to be able to connect and display three different computers. 

Ideally, I would like to be able to display one screen at the top in full width and two other screens at the bottom split in half.

How many separate signal sources / computers can be connected and displayed simultaneously? 

How is the screen divided in this case? 

Many thanks in advance!
Abraham 

Edited by Abraham53

• Corsair Employee
On 1/15/2023 at 4:15 AM, Abraham53 said:

Hi! I am very interested in the 45WQHD240, but I still have unanswered questions.

The monitor should be able to handle the function "picture by picture (not picture in picture).

But I can't find any material/ pictures that explain the picture by picture (PBP) function.

I want to be able to connect and display three different computers. 

Ideally, I would like to be able to display one screen at the top in full width and two other screens at the bottom split in half.

How many separate signal sources / computers can be connected and displayed simultaneously? 

How is the screen divided in this case? 

Many thanks in advance!
Abraham 

The XENEON FLEX supports two separate sources for PIP/PBP. In PIP mode, you're able to choose the location of the second display (top left, top right, bottom right, etc.). In PBP mode, the screen is divided in half.

On 1/18/2023 at 6:06 AM, Apok999 said:

Is it possible to download the Xeneon Flex wallpaper shown in the promotion anywhere?

That would be awesome! 

xf.jpg

Couldn't find the wallpaper without the text. May have to do some deeper diving later on.

image.thumb.jpeg.36e12affc96ac24a9dd7761ca3f1e6b6.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/19/2023 at 11:52 PM, Corsair Albert said:

The XENEON FLEX supports two separate sources for PIP/PBP. In PIP mode, you're able to choose the location of the second display (top left, top right, bottom right, etc.). In PBP mode, the screen is divided in half.

Couldn't find the wallpaper without the text. May have to do some deeper diving later on.

image.thumb.jpeg.36e12affc96ac24a9dd7761ca3f1e6b6.jpeg

That would be really awesome. Especially without the text and a better resolution (maybe fitting for the flex in 3440x1440). Thanks. 

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, arkahimself said:

Thank you. Using Google Lens was a good idea from you. Now i know that its a licensed image and i doubt that we will get it in high resolution for free. At least i know now how to find it if i´m willing to pay for it in a better resosultion 😉

• 4 weeks later...

I like the product... But I don't like screen feet on the desk..

Is there a compatible screen mount / arm  for this model ? (If possible an official corsair or a recommendation from the corsair team)

Thanks!

they answered that above on one of my comments :

The stand contains the components/brains for the monitor. Typically, these are packed behind the monitor panel, but we couldn't do that since we're providing the ability to FLEX the panel. 😎

So the monitor stand actually contains all the monitor electronics. It can't be used without it, and there's no VESA mount.

• 4 months later...

In case you plan to buy it: do not consider the PBP as feature for this monitor, it works in odd way (applies scaling and is unusable in that way). Plus would be normal to provide usable factory settings for unusual  monitors - you will have to spend much time just to make any text readable (specially on MS Windows).
If you don't intend to spend your time with configs then pick a monitor that "works" but default and skip this one.

Hardware 9/10 (resolution could be better for such size, and for KVM sources could be separate buttons - it's default feature for any KVM)

Software 2/10 ("don't touch the settings" - as most of things are glitchy or unusable)