Corsair Community

Elite LCD Megathread

• Corsair Employee

Hey everyone,

I wanted to give an update to users of the LCD AIO and provide a little transparency into our plans to update the product, iron out some of the bugs, and a couple troubleshooting suggestions.

I also want to ensure everyone we’re working as hard as we can to characterize bugs, test fixes, and roll the updates out but please understand this doesn’t happen instantaneously or quickly.

First, we’ve got to find a way to reliably replicate the bug and understand the root cause of the problem. Once we’ve done that, we then have to figure out the fix. Lastly, we have to run the fix through regression testing to make sure we don’t break any more stuff on the way out.

On top of all that standard stuff, our regression/testing team is a central support team that works on ALL Corsair product lines, both new and in-market things, meaning they’re incredibly impacted with work thanks to the complexities of iCUE and the plethora of products we’re trying to support.

So, while I understand that some of you have experience in testing, please have some patience with us and realize that this development isn’t happening in a vacuum. Now on to the good(ish) stuff:

Known Issues

1. LCD does not resume from sleep or loss of connection reliably.
    • This is the root cause of many of the General Fault issues in the field. We’re currently testing a new firmware version that should correct any USB re-enumeration issues.
    • Issue Type: Firmware (LCD Module)
    • Beta Timeframe: April 13, 2022 (Live update available through iCUE)
    • Release Timeframe: April 7, 2022

2. LCD is not recognized when connecting Commander CORE, LCD Module, and another USB RGB Controller (e.g. Commander CORE XT) to internal motherboard USBs.
    • This is related to both specific designs of internal USB hubs and the bandwidth needs of the Commander CORE (non-XT) and will be fixed with a new firmware that reduces the amount of USB endpoints required by the device.
    • The firmware update for Commander CORE will also include an update to the protocol we use to send data points from the PC to the LCD that should increase reliability and reduce the frequency of the red triangle error (aka General Fault), in addition to us fixing Issue #1.
    • Temporary Solution: Run an adapter that allows you to plug one of the three devices into the rear motherboard I/O port. (e.g. Internal to external adapter)
    • Issue Type: Firmware (Commander CORE)
    • Release Timeframe: Mid-March 2022 -> April 22, 2022

3. Text is too large on LCD when 3 digits are displayed.
    • The problem was a missed spec for 3-digit values that will be fixed in iCUE 4.21.
    • Issue Type: Software
    • Release Timeframe: March 2022 iCUE Release 4.21.173

4. Turbo icon looks like a ‘bad’ icon.
    • We didn’t think it did, but a couple people have pointed it out so we’ve adjusted the icon in iCUE 4.21.
    • Release Timeframe: March 2022 iCUE Release 4.21.173

5. Image cropping is not persistent if you move from one GIF/image to another and back.
  6. Arc is only available in Hardware Lighting and not Software Lighting for the RGB Ring.
    • We specified this on purpose to avoid weird RGB display issues in SW. We are evaluating if we can amend the spec and add this mode to SW Lighting. 
    • Explanation: The way we address RGBs in Hardware mode is fundamentally different than though Software lighting modes and software Arc only supports fans with multiple rings.

7. The pump/LCD does not support hotplugging the LCD. If the LCD is unplugged during use, the pump can damage the LCD, itself, or the Commander CORE.
    • We’ve added multiple disclaimers to the product and are actively working to harden the board on the LCD and the pump base to prevent this in the future. We are also updating the plastic skirt around the bottom of the LCD module to account for marginal interference with AMD retention on some motherboards.
    • Issue Type: Hardware
    • Fix Timeframe: Upgrade kit new production will have a slot cut into the plastic side skirt. If you’re experiencing interference issues, please contact our customer support team and they should be able to assist in eliminating that problem. We’ve also hardened the PCBA for new production to resist damage from hotplugging.
    • Explanation: All new production LCD Upgrade Kits have the slot cut to help reduce potential for interference in older AM4 hook-style retention. ELITE LCD Coolers will not have this slot cut because they come with the newer standoff-style AM4 retention kit.

8. The pump/LCD does not support hotplugging the LCD. If the LCD is unplugged during use, the pump can damage the LCD, itself, or the Commander CORE.
    • Fix Timeframe: June 2022 4.25

Future Plans

1. Image/Screen Rotation
    • We encountered performance-related issues during our first attempt at implementing this via firmware during development. We are approaching the problem differently and addressing it via software.
    • Release Timeframe: July 2022 iCUE Release 4.26.110

2. More Screens
    • We would love to start adding a couple more options of screen animations to enhance the product experience. Unfortunately, these are lower priority than the bugs, so we’ll be revisiting this later in the year to see if this is feasible.

3. Game SDK Expansion
    • Currently, the LCD screen is not part of the Game Integration SDK. We’re hoping that later in the year we can expand this capability so that games have the opportunity to display information or at the very least game status’ (e.g. game loading logos or in-game states about health) This isn’t a sure thing but something we would like to look at.

4. Gallery Mode: Users will be able to select multiple screens/images to rotate through along with the necessary time parameters for said screens.
    • We recognize that more users want to be able to see multiple data sets, so this is a quick way to allow you to do so while we work on more screens with more information on them.
    • Release Timeframe: iCUE 4.27 (August 2022 Release)

Troubleshooting

Some quick suggestions for the most common issues I’ve seen. 

• Ensure that the Commander CORE controller is updated to version v2.6.201 or later. If the device is not updated, it will not recognize the device ID from the LCD module and not work correctly. This will usually result in a General Fault (red exclamation point).

• Double check that you are on iCUE 4.x, if you are on 3.x the cooler will display the exclamation point or report a negative temperature.

• Another common issue I’ve seen is people merely not seating connectors fully. Double check ALL connections between the Commander CORE, USBs, and LCD. If any of the many connections is loose, it will return a General Fault. Also try not using the Y-splitter, as some motherboards have issues with it.

https://help.corsair.com/hc/en-us/articles/4418659064077-What-do-these-error-icons-on-my-iCUE-ELITE-CPU-Cooler-LCD-Display-mean-

• Lastly, for units that had a General Fault happen during use, this is usually because the LCD lost connection somehow. (e.g. PC has gone to sleep or logged out from Windows) It will display the General Fault until firmware is fully reinitialized.

You can force firmware to reinitialize by doing a full Power Cycle, not a reboot. You must power the PC down, unplug the power plug, hit your power button a couple times, and then re-plug the power cable back in, and boot into Windows.

This usually resolves any light firmware problems. If you’re still encountering issues, I would strongly recommend you contact our support team so we can capture your unit and take a look for ourselves in the off chance that a new bug has appeared.

• Like 8
  • Confused 1

I posted at another thread but since I installed this lcd my coolant temp is showing negative values (usually around -8) and caused cpu overheating, luckily I noticed it and change sensor in icue to cpu package for now.

I tried all those possible solutions but none of them worked so far. All have latest firmware, forces updated all of them, unplug and re-plugged everything, reseated lcd again but still is shows negative values. LCD is directly connected to my MB usb port (No splitter)

Problem is it is showing negative values during the boot, so it's probably firmware or hardware issue.

photo_2022-02-28_23-01-50.jpg

8U0Y8kn.png

t6Yunb6.png

Thank you.  I appreciate the communication and update Corsair Nick.

Transparency is greatly appreciated but the suggested workaround to use 3rd party adapter for users like myself who basically can't access Hardware/Screen settings is more frustrating than helpful.

Just recently I had 3 major problems with 3 completely different products:

• MM700 wouldn't turn its LEDs after cold boot, widely reported issue.
  • Virtuoso headset firmware update that caused wireless mode to stop working and required custom firmware from CS.
  • Now, £250 AIO that comes with LCD screen is effenctively broken after you guessed it - firmware update.

The user experience when interacting with, you'd think premium products, has been nothing but almost exclusively negative the last several months.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

When you say, you update the Cover design because of the vibrationnoise with some AMD socket, like in my case, will there be any benefit from this to the people with the actual version? Will there be an option to switch it for free? 

In the other Thread I explained, why my Pump is realy a broken product.

In my opinion, the massive flaws are obvious and it should be the the minimum to change your customers cheap-o-LCD covers for free. 

I would be very happy if there is a new hope for my terrible 300€ AiO, because I like the concept with ICue etc. so much. Actualy =( .

thank you corsair, this is what we need, good clear communication in what you are doing to rectify the problems.  We do not expect perfection from tech companies, and we are well aware that sometimes issue can and do occur, what makes us consumers decide to stick with a brand or not is how they react to and rectify these issues.

Well done, at last, for this communication.  thank you again

Hello all

im new to the Corsair family and i recently build my first PC. Im really happy with my build i used a Corsair PSU 750W RGB 

Corsair Vengeance 32GB Ram RGB pro

And as Highlight the Elite LCD AIO 

I really had fun building my PC and the RGB is a blast i really love it.

But after 1 week my LCD started not showing up in ICue anymore.I googled a lot and tried every possible fix i found. Sometimes the LCD gets recognized and works but most of the time it doesnt. I really think its a software problem in my personal case because i checked every connection and cable.

Im really glad to hear that Corsair is working on a fix and i cant wait to see the result i really hope the fix will remove those strange software issues 🙂

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, slicker55 said:

@Corsair Nick, thanks for keeping us informed ... impressive list but is anyone looking into the well-documented 'red warning triangle' issue?

I could be wrong since I don't have this issue yet, but I think several of the points in the post refer to situations that would cause the red warning triangle.  Specifically perhaps points 1 and 2.

• Like 3

Today my H150i Elite LCD (inc,. USB-Splitter used) started to make Windows 11

recognize a new USB device again and again ~every 5 minutes.

It makes the typical Windows sound for USB all the time too.

🙉

• Like 1

• Corsair Employee

Updated the original post to reflect the changes in the latest iCUE Release 4.21.173.  You can see these changes and all the others for this release in our release notes section:

15 hours ago, slicker55 said:

@Corsair Nick, thanks for keeping us informed ... impressive list but is anyone looking into the well-documented 'red warning triangle' issue?

This issue is a part of the list and is being worked on currently.  We're provide an update once the firmware is released to the public.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Great news... thanks... in the meantime, something which others with the 'red triangle' issue may find useful... disconnecting mains power supply to the PSU for a few minutes before restoring power and rebooting the computer appears to provide a temporary fix 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

That's great I'll update to this version and test it out, but I would like to speak about an issue that I hear like USB discount and reconnect sound and when I look to the LCD I see it restart, not sure the cause of this issue but I did a clean install for the ICUE but still facing the same issue from time to time.

Edit: Using Windows 11 Build 22000.527

Edited by Ali-S
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

The h150i elite lcd and Corsairs customer support on it is the pinnacle of ****. I literally got this aio and it had a defective screen at first then completely broke in 1 week only. I then got a replacement and that was broken on arrival. I called them and said they gave me two faulty ones in a row and I want a refund. They said no refund and that I have to return with them. So i said ok ******** it. They just gave me another replacement and guess what, it’s broken again. Rgb doesn’t work, screen doesn’t work, aio stops working halfway through simple tasks. If I call them again I swear they’re gonna suggest another replacement and I can’t use my pc for another 50 years. Im just gonna go to best buy and buy a shitty aio. 

• Sad 1

35 minutes ago, asdfsdafgsdfasdfasdfasdf said:

Same problem as everyone withe the lite LCD upgrade... The exclamation point showing up then and now, and now permanently...
Quite dissapointed by the result, i must say...spacer.png

I don't think that last update 4.21.173 fixed this issue yet, but you can run the LCD with external USB that will solve the issue for now.

8 hours ago, Ali-S said:

I don't think that last update 4.21.173 fixed this issue yet, but you can run the LCD with external USB that will solve the issue for now.

Any idea if we’ll have to get the device to show up to fix this or if this is an iCue fix? @Corsair Nick maybe can provide some insight? 

• Confused 1

On 3/5/2022 at 10:36 AM, Ali-S said:

Have you been able to get yours to work with an external USB adapter?

• Like 1

I bought the '9-Pin USB Motherboard Male Header to Single USB 2.0 Type A Male Cable 7.8inch' from a famous online rain forest, but haven't had success with plugging either the header from the Commander Core or the header from the LCD. I have uninstalled / reinstalled iCue, done all the unplug / plug back in cycles, but still Red Triangle. Can someone please share a step by guide of the "Temporary Solution" identified in Known Issue #2?

• Like 1

After adding the LCD Screen to my System, My pump is always running at 100% and is very loud.

Changing the Pump setting to quiet or any other profile doesn't change the speed at all. (Currently it is running at 2,700 RPM)

image.png.113ec30bcc7fa402e251be11274cd390.png

• Like 1

hello all,

since yesterday i have a big problem with my lcd upgrade kit.
I bought an upgrade kit directly from corsair in december 2021 and installed it.

it ran until yesterday without problems and looked good!
when I was working on the pc yesterday and looked inside my case, I suddenly saw that the lcd display has an error/crash.

I assume that it is a hardware defect and has nothing to do with the software, it happened during operation, the pc is always in the same place and was not moved.

How can something like this happen?
Does anyone have the same problem?

I opened an RMA ticket via the website yesterday but have not received any confirmation or anything.

Maybe someone can help me.
I disassembled everything again today, checked all cables and connections, and reinstalled the ICUE softwäre, but unfortunately I get the same result.

https://ibb.co/P44yJZH
https://ibb.co/nzXX0s3
https://ibb.co/tHtYj20
https://ibb.co/mXqxBc4

Thank You!

• Sad 1

On 3/5/2022 at 3:36 PM, Ali-S said:

did you read their comments, the release was not meant to fix that issue, that will come in a firmware update later this month hopefully

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

23 hours ago, TheWayerMounten said:

hello all,

since yesterday i have a big problem with my lcd upgrade kit.
I bought an upgrade kit directly from corsair in december 2021 and installed it.

it ran until yesterday without problems and looked good!
when I was working on the pc yesterday and looked inside my case, I suddenly saw that the lcd display has an error/crash.

I assume that it is a hardware defect and has nothing to do with the software, it happened during operation, the pc is always in the same place and was not moved.

How can something like this happen?
Does anyone have the same problem?

I opened an RMA ticket via the website yesterday but have not received any confirmation or anything.

Maybe someone can help me.
I disassembled everything again today, checked all cables and connections, and reinstalled the ICUE softwäre, but unfortunately I get the same result.

https://ibb.co/P44yJZH
https://ibb.co/nzXX0s3
https://ibb.co/tHtYj20
https://ibb.co/mXqxBc4

Thank You!

not seen this specific issue, however there are multiple fixes coming in the next few weeks, the latest iCue has already been release, which fixes some issues, the next to come in i think is a firmware update for the LCD which should fix most issues, there are other fixes to come after the firmware which will fix other issues.

Corsair support can take a few days to respond due to how busy they are, if they dont respond in a couple of days then your ticket obviously wasnt created at their end so suggest you email them again.,

19 hours ago, Rizlah said:

Corsair support can take a few days to respond due to how busy they are, if they dont respond in a couple of days then your ticket obviously wasnt created at their end so suggest you email them again.,

Thanks for you reply.

is it normal not to receive a confirmation of receipt? (otherwise I will open a ticket again )

23 hours ago, TheWayerMounten said:

Thanks for you reply.

is it normal not to receive a confirmation of receipt? (otherwise I will open a ticket again )

cant 100% remember how quickly the confirmation comes through, i believe it should be straight away, so it you dont have one by now then i would raise one again just to be sure it submitted successfully