Corsair Community

Elite LCD Megathread

On 3/22/2022 at 8:36 AM, DevBiker said:

So you've never, ever, ever had a bug slip out that was completely missed? Or misidentified? In 30 years of testing, never?

I highly, highly, highly doubt that. That really stretches believability. Even Microsoft, who probably has the most thorough testing regime in the industry, has missed major bugs. And I can guarantee that it wasn't because of budget cuts (they have a 1:1 test/dev ratio).

It's a bug. It happens. They are working in fixing it and getting it out. Or do you want them to shortcut QA to get a half-baked fix into your hands? Then you can REALLY be their beta testers.

I agree that bugs sometimes get out despite the best efforts to avoid this happening, but some of these Corsair "bugs" have existed for months, and in some cases YEARS. I had had issues with the USB pass through ports on my Commander Pro's since the Corsair Link days. I don't even try to use them anymore, and these are in Intel systems, so no it is not an AMD USB problem.

The Corsair Elite Capellix pump noise issue and some of the claims Corsair has made about lowering the RPM range in firmware are just ridiculous. I asked how Corsair did their noise measurements - what measurement device, calibration record of measurement device, at what distance from the pump, with fans running or not, anechoic chamber ?, etc. The response I got back was that the Corsair guy had one running on an benchtop open frame system and he could not hear the pump so it must be OK, followed by the claims that lowering the pump speed would increase the noise level (nonsense) and that the pump would not overcome loop resistance at lower RPM (also nonsense). The impression I got is that Corsair has no idea how to properly measure noise emissions from the pump and just made something up for the specs.

When they announced the new H170i Elite Capellix cooler, I asked if this new product was using the same pump with the same firmware limitations that were a huge issue at that time. I got back a BS response that pumps should not emit a high frequency whine (duh!) and if mine does to open a ticket. When I responded that this was a cop out they just ignored me.

Then there is the whole let's drop support for a whole list of our own products that are still available in distribution channels and still under warranty, and prompt people to update iCue without any warning that they have devices connected that will no longer communicate with iCue after they update. Then they update firmware on newer devices so they are no longer compatible with the old version of iCue. Customers are left with a mix of Corsair products that can only run on old versions of iCue and products that can only run on new versions of iCue. This whole saga is just embarrassing

Every time I come check this forum I see the same long threads full of problems with the same old Corsair products, and new Corsair products, and the same dance routine from Corsair. Don't get me wrong. I wish that iCue was not a bloated, buggy mess, and I really wanted to buy a Corsair Elite Capellix AIO for my new Ryzen rig. Luckily for me, I checked this forum first and decided that the Elite Capellix AIO cooler was a headache I did not need.

I have moved on from Corsair and it makes me sad to see people who were dazzled by the marketing that are now spending hours, days, and weeks fighting with their new (and old) Corsair devices and getting the same run around from Corsair. "Open a ticket - we will send you a replacement with the same exact problem.", and Stand by - a fix is "coming soon".

If Corsair ever gets their act together, and I can check this forum and not find threads that are 19 pages long reporting the same problems over and over again, I will again consider purchasing their products. That has not happened yet. In fact, it has gotten worse. I am not willing to give Corsair my hard earned money only to end up spending weeks troubleshooting, scouring forum posts, and dealing with returns. I will just go buy something else. This is what I did last time around and when I read these threads, I am very glad that I did.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Majestic12 said:

I don't know how it fits with the original Corsair Capellix cap but the connector to the commander in the Elite LCD set is quite loose, it's very easy to disconnect it while managing other cables.

Ahh good, I guess?  Nice to know its not just mine.  Mine has come undone at least once while closing the cover.  But the original cap (I got the upgrade/addon LCD)  was nice snug / secure fit / bottomed out in the connector nicely.  With this one, I'm never sure if its seated all the way. 

I also have the same issue with my new unit that arrived just last week. I have gone through all the troubleshooting steps provided here and by corsair's team of customer support and I'm still stuck with no screen setup options. Seems to be their firmware.. hope this "late march" update fixes things and doesn't make them worse.

• Corsair Employee
hawkhench said:

Add me to the list of people who have a brand new unit that "works perfectly" other than no option to setup the screen in iCUE. Subbing to this thread...

@hawkhench Thank you for responding that you're experiencing the same/similar behavior.  I've created a ticket for you to send the unit in.

• Corsair Employee

I also have the same issue with my new unit that arrived just last week. I have gone through all the troubleshooting steps provided here and by corsair's team of customer support and I'm still stuck with no screen setup options. Seems to be their firmware.. hope this "late march" update fixes things and doesn't make them worse.

Thank you @TechJunkee.  I've created a ticket for you also.

So this late March fix won’t solve a perfectly working fine unit besides being able to edit the screen within icue? I see above RMA’s being made to send the units back in.

Edited by Proper

1 hour ago, Corsair Nick said:

@TaxTheChurchesThanks for letting me know.  I've created a ticket for you as well.

15 minutes ago, Proper said:

So this late March fix won’t solve a perfectly working fine unit besides being able to edit the screen within icue? I see above RMA’s being made to send the units back in.

That's my concern. My computer now has to be down for weeks while I wait for another unit? I thought this was a firmware issue. 

Hopefully the firmware update comes soon, I also share most of these symptoms.  I Installed my unit a week ago.

I have some behavior that I am not sure I have read on this thread yet.  Forgive me if it's repeated, but if it's new, maybe it will help the development.

The common issue of an exclamation mark most of the time is definitely happening.  However, when I put my computer to sleep, then wake it up, Corsair splash screen plays then it goes back to red exclamation mark.  Every now and then though, instead of the red exclamation I'll get the default temperature screen but it will always say 0 degrees. (I wish that was true).  Temps are great though, very rarely going above 70 and usually in the 55 - 60 range when under load.

So In summary, tried every solution and tip and then some.  Always either red exclamation or 0 degrees default screen.  Splash plays when I wake computer from sleep or restart, but not if I turn it on from an off state.

Apologies if already mentioned, but is anyone attempting to run the LCD alongside a commander core xt? Currently running on an x570 board, and tried using the nzxt hub to no avail. I can try different header configs in which either the commander core xt comes up or the screen settings for the LCD. But never both at the same time. I have also seen both commander core xt and the LCD pop up, but that omits the screen setting. Kind of frustrating as I know the pump isn't defective. Just need to know if its an issue with the software or the motherboard compatibility.

7 minutes ago, MrP1ckles said:

I have the same issue cant play with screen only liquid temp shown. Id rather not send it back as it was already a pain to install. I would gladly beta test the new firmware to see if it works if you want to give it to me.

I second this. 

I'd happily test the firmware. 

1 hour ago, MrP1ckles said:

I have the same issue cant play with screen only liquid temp shown. Id rather not send it back as it was already a pain to install. I would gladly beta test the new firmware to see if it works if you want to give it to me.

I third this.

Email support isn't responding to my ticket.

17 minutes ago, Rice said:

I third this.

Email support isn't responding to my ticket.

I have been waiting on a response for about 4 days now. I purchased an internal to external USB cable and it didn't fix it. Imagine that. Another 10 dollars wasted. Thanks Corsair. Just give me my money back.

@Corsair Nick is the solution now to RMA the LCD screen?

I purchased the upgrade kit on Thu, Mar 10 direct from the Corsair website, the part shipped from Taiwan. It has not allowed me to customize the screen via iCue since installation.

Should I too request an RMA or wait for new drivers?

22 hours ago, Corsair Nick said:

@hawkhench Thank you for responding that you're experiencing the same/similar behavior.  I've created a ticket for you to send the unit in.

Reading through this thread of people on their second or third unit still experiencing the same issues, are you aware of a specific bad batch of units that are causing this, or are you just hoping throwing enough new hardware at the wall might make something stick? Given how widespread the issues seems to be I'm loathe to take my entire PC apart for a "fix" that doesn't seem to be accomplishing anything...

Sooo... how long are we supposed to wait for customer service to ignore us? I have a damaged CPU thanks to overheating caused by this piece of **** not working properly, and Corsair just kinda goes radio silent and wont respond to tickets. I have 2 open for over 5 days now with no response. Cool.

I’m having problems with my icue lcd display, I got the default non-animated liquid temp display but I can’t edit the screen in the icue software.

My specs are:

Motherboard: Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Master

CPU: Intel 9900k

GPU: EVGA FTW3 RTX 3080

RAM: 32gb Corsair Vengeance RGB pro 3200Mhz

• Corsair Employee
22 hours ago, dJones said:

Brand new LCD upgrade kit. Everything works ok except for the ability to change the screen image. Am I seeing that this needs to be returned?

Thank you for responding that you're experiencing the same/similar behavior.  I've created a ticket for you to send the unit in.