Corsair Community

Dominator Platinum Sound Problems

hi im running a system with a 4 stick pack of dominator platinum (32GB) which are causing big sound Problems at my system. the whole problem exists since a few years now and i switched nearly every part in this time except for the memory. every time i try to listen to music, watch a movie or do something else with sound i get popping sounds which make it impossible to enjoy sound. it is really difficult to describe it but its sounds like a piece of sound is missing or broken and if you record it, you can clearly see what i mean. i tried everything i could but nothing solved the problem. i tried overclocking different parts but nothing. i swicht the cpu and mainboard from a I7-3770K with a Asus Deluxe II to a Z390 Maximus Formular and a ROG Strix Z370-I with a i5-8600K. i switched power supplies and more but regardless what i do, the memory does the same and destroys every joy of sound. after i tried everything i could, i reached out to the support of the different manufacturers. i tried to get help from corsair but even after nearly 2 F years they just told me that it cant be the memory... thy even told me that it must be the problem of asus because i could reproduce it on every asus board i have so i reached out to asus. they told my (like i alredy thought) that it cant be a mainboard problem and it is defenetly the problem auf this memory. so i reached out to corsair again, told them everything asus said and they denied everything and cloesed my ticket again. I'm at a point now where I don't know how to go on. i really thought that corsair was a good brand and that the lifetime warranty on my product means something. can anybody help me? i am open for everything. btw. don't even try to play games like cyberpunk. the whole sound of this game causes cracking and popping because of the memory.

Summary: memory causes sound problems. switched every part except for the memory (different story why i didn't change the ram). tried the sticks in every combination like single slot etc. over/underclocking doesn't help or makes things worse. Bios, Win etc are always at the newest version. dont have money for new parts

p.png?fv_content=true&size_mode=5

listen for yourself:https://www.dropbox.com/sh/snx6rw73nedalnl/AADbeyqLLJ1Q2557RwBwOFFna?dl=0

• Corsair Employee
hi im running a system with a 4 stick pack of dominator platinum (32GB) which are causing big sound Problems at my system. the whole problem exists since a few years now and i switched nearly every part in this time except for the memory. every time i try to listen to music, watch a movie or do something else with sound i get popping sounds which make it impossible to enjoy sound. it is really difficult to describe it but its sounds like a piece of sound is missing or broken and if you record it, you can clearly see what i mean. i tried everything i could but nothing solved the problem. i tried overclocking different parts but nothing. i swicht the cpu and mainboard from a I7-3770K with a Asus Deluxe II to a Z390 Maximus Formular and a ROG Strix Z370-I with a i5-8600K. i switched power supplies and more but regardless what i do, the memory does the same and destroys every joy of sound. after i tried everything i could, i reached out to the support of the different manufacturers. i tried to get help from corsair but even after nearly 2 F years they just told me that it cant be the memory... thy even told me that it must be the problem of asus because i could reproduce it on every asus board i have so i reached out to asus. they told my (like i alredy thought) that it cant be a mainboard problem and it is defenetly the problem auf this memory. so i reached out to corsair again, told them everything asus said and they denied everything and cloesed my ticket again. I'm at a point now where I don't know how to go on. i really thought that corsair was a good brand and that the lifetime warranty on my product means something. can anybody help me? i am open for everything. btw. don't even try to play games like cyberpunk. the whole sound of this game causes cracking and popping because of the memory.

Summary: memory causes sound problems. switched every part except for the memory (different story why i didn't change the ram). tried the sticks in every combination like single slot etc. over/underclocking doesn't help or makes things worse. Bios, Win etc are always at the newest version. dont have money for new parts

p.png?fv_content=true&size_mode=5

listen for yourself:https://www.dropbox.com/sh/snx6rw73nedalnl/AADbeyqLLJ1Q2557RwBwOFFna?dl=0

Your issue is not being caused by the memory and your own statement shows this as you would have been on DDR3 memory when you had the i7-3770k, and you would have switched to DDR4 when you moved to the i5-8600k meaning the memory would not be the cause.

if you had memory corruption you'd have bigger problems than sound popping.. like not even being able to boot, if it was several times per second as it does now.

looks like a software problem but it's hard to say as we don't know what you have running, if all the motherboard's drivers are installed (those for the sound chip, maybe the default windows ones are bad), or even what version of windows you're on.

Maybe what you can look into is disabling any sound enhancement in the sound device settings, like spatial sound or whatever. these tax the CPU and can cause that kind of issues if your CPU is under load (like Cyberpunk would do to an old 8600k)

Your issue is not being caused by the memory and your own statement shows this as you would have been on DDR3 memory when you had the i7-3770k, and you would have switched to DDR4 when you moved to the i5-8600k meaning the memory would not be the cause.

sry wrong cpu... i meant 6800K

if you had memory corruption you'd have bigger problems than sound popping.. like not even being able to boot, if it was several times per second as it does now.

looks like a software problem but it's hard to say as we don't know what you have running, if all the motherboard's drivers are installed (those for the sound chip, maybe the default windows ones are bad), or even what version of windows you're on.

Maybe what you can look into is disabling any sound enhancement in the sound device settings, like spatial sound or whatever. these tax the CPU and can cause that kind of issues if your CPU is under load (like Cyberpunk would do to an old 8600k)

i already tried that but thanks for your answer. i reinstalled win comleatly new (inclusive drivers of course) a few times now. i even tried different sampling rates and the strange sting is that no memory test i did finds any problem. just for the comleatness i have the same problem on the front and back audio (analog or digital) outputs. if the CPUs were the problem, it would unfortunately not explain it because even if I only listen to music and do nothing else I have exactly the same problem on all systems as soon as I use this memory.

• Corsair Employee
sry wrong cpu... i meant 6800K

i already tried that but thanks for your answer. i reinstalled win comleatly new (inclusive drivers of course) a few times now. i even tried different sampling rates and the strange sting is that no memory test i did finds any problem. just for the comleatness i have the same problem on the front and back audio (analog or digital) outputs. if the CPUs were the problem, it would unfortunately not explain it because even if I only listen to music and do nothing else I have exactly the same problem on all systems as soon as I use this memory.

The 6800k would not go with any motherboard you stated you were using either.

Have you had the same/similar sound setup the whole time throughout your systems?

i used the I7-6800K in my Asus X99 Deluxe II and at this point doesn't matter because this board and cpu is gone. On my X99 Platform I used an external sound card (USB) and a 5.1 system (analog) that I also used now. I switched from the external sound card to an external DAC which uses the optical out on my Z390 Paltforn. on my Z370 platform I used the same things as on the Z390 Edited by chris94