Corsair Community

ICUE 4 Unsupported Products

• 3 weeks later...
To make it more fun version 4 isn't even shown as an upgrade from version 3.x. I didn't even realise it was out til I noticed this thread.

Yep, I had no clue there was an iCUE 4 until i came here looking for a fix for using the LS100 strips on a 3 monitor setup. Good to see iCUE 4 didn't fix that issue...

I am so disapointed, I am totally into the iCue eco system and then to see my H100i V2 is just removed from the support list. The product is not even stable and already abandoning some products.

Sorry Corsair, but this is so disapointing. So now because I am a loyal client I get punished because i use Corsair. Time to switch to another make now, if i have to buy a new cooler, I better replace all Corsair things.

So, i wanted to buy some nice new stuff, but for that iCue 4 is needed, so money goes else and not to new Corsair stuff. Because it sux that to have new things getting to work, old good things need to be ditched.... And in a GREEN WORLD, where we DO NOT DITCH WORKING PRODUCTS FOR NOTHING it is BS that Corsair makes this descission.

Edited by wim-bart

You are still able to utilize the last build of iCUE 3.38.61

So iCue 3 and iCue 4 can run simultanious at the same system? Because i want to buy a new headset and headset stand, but I am totally in the blind now about iCue 3 and 4.

Now i know why im only seeing these in iCue 4

MM800 RGB Mousemat

ST100 RGB HeadStand - For My Void Headset

Lightning Node Pro

To control my 4 Corsair HD Fans - 4 LED LightStrips

Philips Hue HUB

So you have decided to remove the Corsair Void Wireless Headset which Is/Was one of the most expensive headsets you sold & a great headset also i must say. Thing that bothers me most about this is how you remove a CORSAIR product & add a PHILIPS Hue Device! WHY? Do Corsair really think people will prefer sitting at there GAMING PCs with no access to there headset but will be thinking thats ok coz i can now spend hours turning the living room/bedroom lights on and off all day? ive no use for my hue hub on iCue. I can use my voice (Alexa), iphone App, Logitech Elite Remote & many more but nothing now for the expensive headset i bought. Im glad i found this out when i did as i was just about to add another 2 more Corsair products to my collection which was the....

CORSAIR K65 RGB RAPIDFIRE KEYBOARD

CORSAIR IRONCLAW RGB WIRELESS MOUSE

But as much as ive enjoyed using EVERY Corsair product ive ever purchased over the years i wont be adding anymore to my collection.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the H115i Hydro Series Cooler. What is the default operating mode of this cooler? I upgraded before I realized that it was discontinued in ICUE 4. :( I know I could go back but would rather not. I would ask that Corsair reconsider and add it back to Icue.

I want to know how it operates with no software control.

Edit: Just realized why my temps for my I9-7900X were going up. Without the monitoring the the pump/temp sensor Icue randomly picked another sensor on one of my GPU's to control the temp of the fans I have hooked up to my Commander Pro. These are the fans that I have in a push/pull config on my H115 that is sadly no longer supported by Corsair. I have been a pretty big Corsair fan for many years (though ups and downs) and while I realize product support needs to end at some point this simply does not seem right. Some of this hardware is not that old.

I have to say for the first time in a long time I am deeply disappointed in Corsair. At the very least flag the update for those that have "outdated" Corsair hardware to prevent them from upgrading. As others have mentioned it would be nice if they could clarify why these products can no longer be supported.

Edited by mpoffo

I bought Scimitar on 2019 and it is not old!!! Please add support it.

I bought mine around the same time, was shocked and appalled to see it on the list of no longer supported devices.

I didn't even mean to upgrade to version 4, icue just told me there was an update, and I found it very odd my mouse wasn't showing up, which led me here and now I am just annoyed corsair is randomly un supporting popular peripherals for seemingly no reason and telling people "hey, if you don't like it use the old version that we will no longer support or update". really makes me think if I want to stick with this platform if support is just going to randomly taken away with 0 explanation given as to why

honestly, I think the biggest thing that is annoying me about this really is the complete lack of reasons given for support of these products to be taken away. in the first post all it says is "for multiple reasons" but then proceeds to tell us absolutely none of them, NONE!! like, you couldn't even give a hint!? and then there's the fact that I now have to uninstall corsair 4, find an installer for 3 and install and re-setup all my configs, it's ****ing inconvenient.

Icue didn't warn me about this update, it didn't give me a list of devices and say "is one of yours on this" before updating, it just updated and took away support and then inconvenienced me to get it back with a big **** you in the form of zero explanation as to even why. I don't think I'll be buying another corsair product after this unless they really change the way they announce this ****

• Confused 1

Actually in the European Union we can demand that a supplier has software and firmware support up to 5 years after last sell date. So if a product is sold by Corsair in 2018 they should support it until 2023. But i am not an expert in that, but there are rules for that.
  • Confused 1

As we continue to develop new features in iCUE, we had to discontinue the support of certain products due to multiple reasons. While this list is a small snapshot of the 160+ products we support in iCUE 4, we understand some users of these legacy products may be unhappy or dissatisfied. We did not make these decisions lightly and users may continue using iCUE 3.38. While we do not plan on anymore updates to the older version of iCUE for product support, we will continue to resolve any crashes or critical security issues for the immediate future.

Here is the list of products that will no longer be supported in iCUE 4:

• K66 Mechanical Keyboard

• Sabre RGB (2016 version)

• Sabre RGB Optical ((2015 version)

• Sabre RGB Laser (2015 version)

• KATAR (2015 version)

• VOID USB (2015 version)

• VOID WIRELESS (2015 version)

• VOID SURROUND (2015 version)

• Scimitar (2015 version)

• H80i GT Hydro Series Cooler

• H100i GTX Hydro Series Cooler

• H110i GTX Hydro Series Cooler

• H80i V2 Hydro Series Cooler

• H100i V2 Hydro Series Cooler

• H115i Hydro Series Cooler

• H110i GT Hydro Series Cooler

• H110i Hydro Series Cooler

I have the H110i (now "unsupported") and the iCUE software (v3) stated there was an update. Why tell the user there is a software update for "unsupported" hardware? It's ridiculous.

• Confused 1

yet again i'm back to complain, just had it try to update icue 3 to icue 4 on me. sorry my items are unsupported because they don't want to code how to support the fans (which would already be the same for other units) and the single led in the corsair logo..

terrible decisions all around from this company lately.

• Corsair Employee
I have the H115i Hydro Series Cooler. What is the default operating mode of this cooler? I upgraded before I realized that it was discontinued in ICUE 4. :( I know I could go back but would rather not. I would ask that Corsair reconsider and add it back to Icue.

I want to know how it operates with no software control.

Edit: Just realized why my temps for my I9-7900X were going up. Without the monitoring the the pump/temp sensor Icue randomly picked another sensor on one of my GPU's to control the temp of the fans I have hooked up to my Commander Pro. These are the fans that I have in a push/pull config on my H115 that is sadly no longer supported by Corsair. I have been a pretty big Corsair fan for many years (though ups and downs) and while I realize product support needs to end at some point this simply does not seem right. Some of this hardware is not that old.

I have to say for the first time in a long time I am deeply disappointed in Corsair. At the very least flag the update for those that have "outdated" Corsair hardware to prevent them from upgrading. As others have mentioned it would be nice if they could clarify why these products can no longer be supported.

The pump reverts to firmware control and has no way of interacting with other sensors on your system as there is no software control. The firmware control bases pump and fan speed on coolant temperature just like our default fan curves do in the iCUE software for the cooler.

I used to be a happy camper using a k95 RGB, H80i V2, a void usb headset, HX 1000 watt PS, Force LS 240 ssd, Force GS 240 pro, memory 64 gb of the older series before lightning, a mouse.

And now with a software update only my RGB95 is detected. Can't even do my cooling anymore or change settings of my void ?

IS THIS IS WHAT YOU CALL SERVICE AND CUSTOMER SERVICE ?

go back to school and read your books again.

I will stop buy any crap with the name corsair on it... and also will advise my friends stop using corsair crap, If this is the way to thank your loyal customers ... then i hope your business is bankrupt in no time...

you not worth the loyalty of a gaming elite and other customers. You simply betraying them and stabbing them in the back.... all because of need to make more money...

Edited by Technobeard
sanitized per rules
  • Like 1

Seriously corsair thank you so much for this icue software update. Now my pc has a dark water block that has fans blazing at high speed all the time. Genius work guys. Some of you might say "just roll back to the last stable icue version", well I have and now my ironclaw rgb mouse doesn't show up. Why? Because the new icue version updated the firmware to both mouse and dongle and now it won't show up in the previous version. Better yet it doesn't have any of my macros. The whole reason I bought this mouse with 800 buttons is because I love me some macros. Never purchasing your garbage again.
  • Like 1

Hello Corsair,

how come you made the decision to not support the Scimitar mouse anymore?

This is the only MMO mouse you have, this mouse cannot be used since all the buttons on the side don't work anymore, if there was another newer MMO mouse from you guys i would accept it, but this i won't.

PLEASE SUPPORT CORSAIR SCIMITAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is unnaceptable and unneeded!!!!

Ahh okay, so now i can't use my a bit older hardware.. with new version Thats is very disgusting. I wil not buy a new stuff just for this, i will remove this software and install older one, buc this is useless to me, also going to remove my self from this eco

As we continue to develop new features in iCUE, we had to discontinue the support of certain products due to multiple reasons. While this list is a small snapshot of the 160+ products we support in iCUE 4, we understand some users of these legacy products may be unhappy or dissatisfied. We did not make these decisions lightly and users may continue using iCUE 3.38. While we do not plan on anymore updates to the older version of iCUE for product support, we will continue to resolve any crashes or critical security issues for the immediate future.

James,

I was prompted by iCUE of an available update, only to find once upgrading to version 4 that I could no longer manage my H110i V2 AiO.

At first i thought it was a bug - not the first time my AiO has 'disappeared' after updating iCUE, but a bit of googling later directed me to this thread.

Seriously, why on earth does iCUE allow me to upgrade from version 3 to 4 given it knows I have corsair products that cannot be managed and are unsupported by the update? Does that sound logical to anyone?

How hard / difficult is it for Corsair's iCUE developers to include a basic check in iCUE v3's software update process to BLOCK iCUE 4 if it detects one of the aforementioned incompatible products is installed? Or at the very least warn the user that if they proceed with installing iCUE 4 they will no longer be able to manage specific devices.

What an absolutely poor and unacceptable customer experience. It seems the plan was to hope affected users got lucky and stumble across this thread to find out why their Corsair products disappeared from iCUE after updating....

That is beyond stupid and really an indictment on Corsair's one highly regarded customer service and quality.

• Confused 1

H115i Platinum AIO did not appear in v4.

So... Downgraded to v3 and my H115i Platinum re-appears.

Just Re-Checked compatibility list: H115i Platinum IS on the v4 compatibility list.

https://help.corsair.com/hc/en-us/articles/360058142592-iCUE-4-compatibility-list

What am I missing?

Please add support for recent AIO coolers to v4.

How often do you think people upgrade their Hardware?

Perhaps Corsair is no longer the brand for me?

Edited by faithless01

Thankfully I was able to revert to the old version without issues, but I was very frustrated after the update, as 2 of my devices that worked fine before, no longer worked in the new version.

The 110i Extreme cooler did not show up at all, without the ability to select my fan profiles and lighting settings, and my RAM Vengeance RGB Pro showed up with a red exclamation mark, and no lighting or other settings available.

This is very sad, as I have a long list of corsair products and am a happy user, but the planned obsolescence you enforce with your "updates" is making me think twice if I will keep on selecting your products.

Namely, I have the following products on my main system:

Obsidian 650D

AX1200i

110i Extreme AIO

ML RGB Fans

Lighting Node Pro

K70 RGB Rapidfire

M65 RGB

Void Pro RGB USB

As you can see, I support your company and choose your products and was quite happy with the 3.38 version, so a newer version should improve my experience and not drive me mad...

I believe that my view is not unique and many other customers of yours are feeling the same way.

Please take this into consideration and let the customer know ahead of time that you are planning to make their products "obsolete" just because you can.

Kind Regards,

A Corsair fanboy.

Here is the list of products that will no longer be supported in iCUE 4:

• K66 Mechanical Keyboard

• Sabre RGB (2016 version)

• Sabre RGB Optical ((2015 version)

• Sabre RGB Laser (2015 version)

• KATAR (2015 version)

• VOID USB (2015 version)

• VOID WIRELESS (2015 version)

• VOID SURROUND (2015 version)

• Scimitar (2015 version)

• H80i GT Hydro Series Cooler

• H100i GTX Hydro Series Cooler