Corsair Community

HS75 XB - Headset freezes and becomes unresponsive

Hi,

I have had my HS 75 XB since december (XBOX Series X) and luckily it has not frozen for me yet. However it suffers from random audio dropouts and disconnects. I have also filed a support ticket for this earlier but nothing came out from it.

I upgraded to 3.0.3 when it was available and this firmware fixed the battery charge indication (goes to white when fully charged) however the audio dropouts persist.

Particularly bad in AC Valhalla.

Rebooting the console makes it better for a while ?

No difference with/without mic connected.

I have Netgear Orbi mesh wifi (RBR50) but I think the issue is more codec oriented since some games are worse than others. Two (2) other wireless headsets (PC and PS4) works flawlessly in same room/conditions.

Not sure yet if this is an Xbox Series X issue or headset issue.

I will wait for the next firmware release, if I still have issues I will simply return the headset to retailer and claim it faulty as this covered by our consumer laws up to one (1) year.

Edited by Euconsumer

Hey everyone,

A fix is still in the works. Once I have any news, I'll be sure to provide it here.

Will this upcoming fix solve the issue with headsets that we're bricked from 3.0.3 (possibly stuck in bootloader mode)? I have an RMA request approved currently but I'd rather not spend the $20 to send it back if the next FW update will fix this.

• Corsair Employee
Hi,

I have had my HS 75 XB since december (XBOX Series X) and luckily it has not frozen for me yet. However it suffers from random audio dropouts and disconnects. I have also filed a support ticket for this earlier but nothing came out from it.

I upgraded to 3.0.3 when it was available and this firmware fixed the battery charge indication (goes to white when fully charged) however the audio dropouts persist.

Particularly bad in AC Valhalla.

Rebooting the console makes it better for a while ?

No difference with/without mic connected.

I have Netgear Orbi mesh wifi (RBR50) but I think the issue is more codec oriented since some games are worse than others. Two (2) other wireless headsets (PC and PS4) works flawlessly in same room/conditions.

Not sure yet if this is an Xbox Series X issue or headset issue.

I will wait for the next firmware release, if I still have issues I will simply return the headset to retailer and claim it faulty as this covered by our consumer laws up to one (1) year.

There's been reports of interference across many headsets which utilize Xbox's wireless technology/protocol. This is not to shift any blame, but it's worth mentioning.

Do your other headsets utilize the proprietary Xbox wireless connection? Curious if they may encounter a similar interference.

Will this upcoming fix solve the issue with headsets that we're bricked from 3.0.3 (possibly stuck in bootloader mode)? I have an RMA request approved currently but I'd rather not spend the $20 to send it back if the next FW update will fix this.

Yes, the pending update is planned to fix the issue.

Hey everyone,

A fix is still in the works. Once I have any news, I'll be sure to provide it here.

Guys thank you for giving us an update. But it is definitely time for you to successfully release the fix. The headset costs 179€ here in Germany and this is not exactly cheap.

This has been an issue since September of last year and Corsair have not been able to supply a fix for this issue in all this time.

I think we all deserve a proper explanation of this issue and why it has taken so long to resolve.

If there is not a working fix for this issue very soon I for one will be returning the headphones for a refund

I'm done...

I've been patient.

I've spent many hours trying to help diagnose this issue.

I have spent the time to report my specifics.

I've been hounded to return the other set before I get a replacement. (I still have not)

We've all been told for now almost 5 months that the official word is verbatim: "a fix is coming soon",

and literally they have gotten WORSE.

Now once again.... nearing 5 months in, they are still stringing us along with the exact same response.

I want my money back. Sadly, because I believed that "a fix will be coming soon" as we were told, I cannot... as it is too late.

I am beyond frustrated. It is time to begin class-action, as this is not really going to be fixed anytime soon, and my time is worth more than this.

I'm embarrassed to admit I fell for it.

I do not mean this post sardonically.. I really wanted them to work... but I cannot wait 5 months and spend hours of my life helping to diagnose an issue for a company that knowingly sent out a flawed product.

This is offensive to me. I just want a refund now. My ticket that has been open for months is still not received a replacement.... only asked to send back the old ones.. 3 times.

At what point is this ridiculous?

At what point is is illegal and fraudulent?

I'm tired of (but feel sorry for) poor Corsair Albert reporting "we have a fix working, but nothing to report, but it is a high priority.. since November.. that has been literally all we have heard of any substance.

The laws are very complex as my attorney has advised me. States and countries have different rules about a product that cannot work past x-number of days. (now that we are in the realm of months.... )

I just want my money back. We've been disrespected as customers.

I'm done...

I've been patient.

I've spent many hours trying to help diagnose this issue.

I have spent the time to report my specifics.

I've been hounded to return the other set before I get a replacement. (I still have not)

We've all been told for now almost 5 months that the official word is verbatim: "a fix is coming soon",

and literally they have gotten WORSE.

Now once again.... nearing 5 months in, they are still stringing us along with the exact same response.

I want my money back. Sadly, because I believed that "a fix will be coming soon" as we were told, I cannot... as it is too late.

I am beyond frustrated. It is time to begin class-action, as this is not really going to be fixed anytime soon, and my time is worth more than this.

I'm embarrassed to admit I fell for it.

I do not mean this post sardonically.. I really wanted them to work... but I cannot wait 5 months and spend hours of my life helping to diagnose an issue for a company that knowingly sent out a flawed product.

This is offensive to me. I just want a refund now. My ticket that has been open for months is still not received a replacement.... only asked to send back the old ones.. 3 times.

At what point is this ridiculous?

At what point is is illegal and fraudulent?

I'm tired of (but feel sorry for) poor Corsair Albert reporting "we have a fix working, but nothing to report, but it is a high priority.. since November.. that has been literally all we have heard of any substance.

The laws are very complex as my attorney has advised me. States and countries have different rules about a product that cannot work past x-number of days. (now that we are in the realm of months.... )

I just want my money back. We've been disrespected as customers.

Turn to social media. Post on Facebook, Twitter, Insta. Tag Major Nelson, Phil Spencer, as many gaming websites you know. That will speed things up. The last thing they want is negative publicity. Now only we know. It’s time that the world knows about this company.

• Corsair Employee

Hey everyone,

3.0.3 firmware is live on iCUE. Please update your iCUE to 3.38.61 before updating your HS75's firmware to 3.0.3. For those who were unable to successfully update previously, please let us know if your headset is back to normal.

Thank you for your patience. I genuinely understand the frustration and ensure you guys are being heard.

We'll still be continuously monitoring this thread for feedback on the update and for further improvement. Please let us know if any issues are still present after the FW update.

A quick reminder on the optimizations provided by 3.0.3 firmware:

• Power on/Power off sequencing has been improved and button duration should be more lenient.
  • Default volume level and wheel responsiveness improved.
  • LED indication should be improved in some edge cases where indication could be incorrect previous (ex. the headset could under some conditions indicate pairing while not in pairing mode)
  • Charge indication LED accuracy should be improved.
  • Fix crashing issue where the headset could get locked up.

Edited by Corsair Albert

Hey everyone,

3.0.3 firmware is live on iCUE. Please update your iCUE to 3.38.61 before updating your HS75's firmware to 3.0.3. For those who were unable to successfully update previously, please let us know if your headset is back to normal.

Thank you for your patience. I genuinely understand the frustration and ensure you guys are being heard.

We'll still be continuously monitoring this thread for feedback on the update and for further improvement. Please let us know if any issues are still present after the FW update.

The headphones turned on after the update, so far it works. I hope this is the end of the problems 🙂

I updated iCUE to v3.38.61 and now my headset doesn't show up under devices in iCUE. I'm also seeing a LOT of app crash errors in the Windows Event Viewer:

Faulting application name: CorsairHeadsetAccessoryManager.exe, version: 3.38.61.0, time stamp: 0x6042606f

Faulting module name: ucrtbase.dll, version: 10.0.19041.789, time stamp: 0x82dc99a2

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x00038308

Faulting process id: 0x33b0

Faulting application start time: 0x01d719d5a6257d68

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Corsair\CORSAIR iCUE Software\CorsairHeadsetAccessoryManager.exe

Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\ucrtbase.dll

Report Id: 4d1bb0b6-5b38-4fc0-9245-2187c0e89900

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

• Corsair Employee
The headphones turned on after the update, so far it works. I hope this is the end of the problems

Glad to hear, rafs24!

I updated iCUE to v3.38.61 and now my headset doesn't show up under devices in iCUE. I'm also seeing a LOT of app crash errors in the Windows Event Viewer:

Faulting application name: CorsairHeadsetAccessoryManager.exe, version: 3.38.61.0, time stamp: 0x6042606f

Faulting module name: ucrtbase.dll, version: 10.0.19041.789, time stamp: 0x82dc99a2

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x00038308

Faulting process id: 0x33b0

Faulting application start time: 0x01d719d5a6257d68

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Corsair\CORSAIR iCUE Software\CorsairHeadsetAccessoryManager.exe

Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\ucrtbase.dll

Report Id: 4d1bb0b6-5b38-4fc0-9245-2187c0e89900

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

Would you mind trying a clean reinstallation of iCUE? Steps can be found here.

Glad to hear, rafs24!

Would you mind trying a clean reinstallation of iCUE? Steps can be found here.

I uninstalled iCUE and followed the steps. Restarted, then downloaded iCUE from here (https://www.corsair.com/us/en/downloads) it's 3.37.140. My headset did show up under devices. iCUE updated to 3.38.61 and headset no longer shows up (No device detected).

• Corsair Employee
I uninstalled iCUE and followed the steps. Restarted, then downloaded iCUE from here (https://www.corsair.com/us/en/downloads) it's 3.37.140. My headset did show up under devices. iCUE updated to 3.38.61 and headset no longer shows up (No device detected).

Is your firmware on 3.0.2 or 3.0.3? Have you tried forcing a firmware update while on iCUE 3.37?

Hey everyone,

This fixed my bricked headset, so thanks for the new firmware. However, I'm still having small hitching/audio hiccups with the audio. I was experiencing this pre 3.0.3 and it still persists. It's pretty annoying as it frequently occurs.

Quick update for everyone. We’ve made the decision to pull the 3.0.3 firmware update for further testing based on the feedback received here. Although we do perform a rigorous validations process before releasing all of our updates, there is always a chance the update can fail outside our control.

We appreciate your patience and the feedback all of you have provided while we continue to work on improving the product experience. Once we have a new update available, we’ll notify you to update the headset. For those who were able to successfully update their headsets, please do feel free to chime in there's any new feedback.

I thought you pulled 3.0.3...

Same issue here, followed the steps and reinstalled 3.38.61, headset doesn't show up in the devices list.

Downloaded an install of 3.37 and the headset instantly showed up, wasn't able to update it to 3.0.3 though. Didn't succeed through a forced install either.

• Corsair Employee
This fixed my bricked headset, so thanks for the new firmware. However, I'm still having small hitching/audio hiccups with the audio. I was experiencing this pre 3.0.3 and it still persists. It's pretty annoying as it frequently occurs.

Thank you Ekopy, I'll relay this feedback. If your support ticket is still open, support will help you troubleshoot as well.

Hi i have installed icue 3.3861 but it find oly firmware 3.02 for my headphone why?

Someone can help me?

May I ask what region you are reporting from? Is the FW update still unavailable?

Same issue here, followed the steps and reinstalled 3.38.61, headset doesn't show up in the devices list.

Downloaded an install of 3.37 and the headset instantly showed up, wasn't able to update it to 3.0.3 though. Didn't succeed through a forced install either.

Did you update through iCUE's settings or downloaded 3.38 directly from the iCUE downloads page?