Corsair Community

Request: iCUE ELITE CAPELLIX - Lower RPM (< 2000 RPM) for Quiet Profile via Firmware

8 hours ago, Dicehunter said:

In everything I have seen so far the red exclamation mark on the LCD is a power issue, The majority have solved it by plugging the USB header directly into the motherboard and not using the Y splitter.

the problem is that motherboards have "just" two usb 2.0 ports and people would need ten

to connect all this modern stuff because they all need an usb port.

that's why people use splitters.   my lighting node core doesn't work if not connected directly

to the motherboard so one usb port is gone.  the psu and the aio are connected to the splitter now.

What if one day I should add a new device that works only connected to the motherboard?????

My splitter is powered and famous brand one.  why the node core don't work ???

They should build devices that work on splitters or increase mobos usb 2.0 ports....

3 minutes ago, zultan said:

the problem is that motherboards have "just" two usb 2.0 ports and people would need ten

to connect all this modern stuff because they all need an usb port.

that's why people use splitters.   my lighting node core doesn't work if not connected directly

to the motherboard so one usb port is gone.  the psu and the aio are connected to the splitter now.

What if one day I should add a new device that works only connected to the motherboard?????

My splitter is powered and famous brand one.  why the node core don't work ???

They should build devices that work on splitters or increase mobos usb 2.0 ports....

Maybe Corsair could make a little directly PSU powered connector box that USB headers plug into so they have enough powered and then that connects to the motherboard fort data. Would be quite useful.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Dicehunter said:

Maybe Corsair could make a little directly PSU powered connector box that USB headers plug into so they have enough powered and then that connects to the motherboard fort data. Would be quite useful.

Isn´t what you are describing an internal usb splitter?

I think corsair already have enough controllers, nodes, etc...  connecting rgb is a mess....

If they don't like that we use other brand splitters, yes they could build their own one.

the only one I see around (not crappy) is mine from NZXT.

Internal USB Hub (Gen 3) | NZXT

and anyway the node core doesn't work.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mile said:

you are off topic here

no we are quite on topic.  someone wrote to whocares to plug the aio into the motherboard port.

we were just pointing out that we don't have tons of ports on the motherboard.

We won't go very far if each device needs its "own" usb port instead of a splitter....

stuff like this should be tested before selling products that should connected to ports that maybe

we don't have.  or at least sell dedicated splitters....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, zultan said:

Isn´t what you are describing an internal usb splitter?

I think corsair already have enough controllers, nodes, etc...  connecting rgb is a mess....

If they don't like that we use other brand splitters, yes they could build their own one.

the only one I see around (not crappy) is mine from NZXT.

Internal USB Hub (Gen 3) | NZXT

and anyway the node core doesn't work.

That Hub might be a good tip, but it should work without it, or why sell it with a splitter...Corsair is making mistakes here...

Well, sorry for getting a bit off topic...let's get back to loud noise and lower RPMs 🙂

• Like 1

Just to let you know I was in contact with Corsair Support (posted my configuration earlier in this thread). 
On request I sent them a recording of the noice in quiet settings. I even measured the pump noise only (all fans 0 RPM) with a professional device. Result was in between of 35 to 40dbA (again, in quite settings; worse in other settings). Support confirmed that this is the "normal" noise, no malfunction. 
When I requested confirmation that the sound level of the pump is nearly twice as high as advertised I got no further reply. 

I only bought the Elite Cappelix because of the RGB controller allowing to have a single software to control my PCs RGB. Due to the inacceptable noise and furthermore false advertising I have now removed the AIO as well as all Corsair case fans from my build. 
Replaced the AIO by the bequite silent loop 2, which can be controld via BIOS/UEFI. Just to let you know that for desktop usage the bequiet pump is not audible, you can only hear some fans spinning if you listen carefully. Thats what I am used also from other builds. 

Will never by Corsair again, ciao.

Edited by MaxTreme
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

I gave up on the H150i Capellix and returned it, louder than my H115i Pro.  I replaced with EKB 360 AIO Elite, which whilst I can still hear the pump, it does no whine, which was the most annoying thing about it.  It's a shame as I really like the looks and RGB of the pump, especially as the rest of my build is Corsair. 

But this is a real let down from Corsair as I've been using there products for years and never been disappointed, I love my new case 5000 Airflow, so upset to have to send the AIO back as it really suited my build, but as others have mentioned, after a while I get a headache listening to the pump, especially when I'm working in a quiet room.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Hi, 

@FireWarnerapparently" this mod doesn't work anymore on windows 11. I had to reinstall ICUE (4.2108.209) and RPM are back @ 2.500 on balanced.. Maybe I miss something? I changed fixed RMP to 50% and I tried with lower rpms..no effect..

23 minutes ago, senkei said:

Hi, 

@FireWarnerapparently" this mod doesn't work anymore on windows 11. I had to reinstall ICUE (4.2108.209) and RPM are back @ 2.500 on balanced.. Maybe I miss something? I changed fixed RMP to 50% and I tried with lower rpms..no effect..

Cant be, i run om win 11

• Like 1

On 1/3/2022 at 7:29 PM, MaxTreme said:

Just to let you know I was in contact with Corsair Support (posted my configuration earlier in this thread). 
On request I sent them a recording of the noice in quiet settings. I even measured the pump noise only (all fans 0 RPM) with a professional device. Result was in between of 35 to 40dbA (again, in quite settings; worse in other settings). Support confirmed that this is the "normal" noise, no malfunction. 
When I requested confirmation that the sound level of the pump is nearly twice as high as advertised I got no further reply. 

I only bought the Elite Cappelix because of the RGB controller allowing to have a single software to control my PCs RGB. Due to the inacceptable noise and furthermore false advertising I have now removed the AIO as well as all Corsair case fans from my build. 
Replaced the AIO by the bequite silent loop 2, which can be controld via BIOS/UEFI. Just to let you know that for desktop usage the bequiet pump is not audible, you can only hear some fans spinning if you listen carefully. Thats what I am used also from other builds. 

Will never by Corsair again, ciao.

As i said before they don't say anything not to say anything "wrong" but that's the best way of loosing customers. 

I mean, the product has a main "problem", I know it, you know it and what?

you just shut up????

After reading all of you guys I'll never buy that cooler the day I'm going to change mine.

I feel so lucky to have my "old" h150i pro right now....

Edited by zultan

16 hours ago, FireWarner said:

Cant be, i run om win 11

Now it's working again (1950 -1960 rpm)

H100i Elite Capellix owner reporting in. This thing is UNBEARABLE! In quiet mode it hums away at ~425hz. This frequency note is just about an A4 on a keyboard, yes, the one in the middle. And at 40dB I must add (with pump only no fans running at all). Marketing says 20dB 🤣 This thing is literally 4x louder than that. I also picked up some ML120 Pro fans and they're so much quieter than the ones which were pre-installed on the unit which were also supposed to be exactly the same. The pre-installed fans also have audible motor/humming noise coming from them.. insane! Oh, and they also rotate at different speeds than the other ML120's given the same % duty cycle... not sure how they can be the same if they are in-fact, not the same...

Really feeling duped on this purchase. Never had issues with my old H100i from ~2013 era in quiet. Sure, it could be loud on extreme settings but extreme on that was about the same as quiet on this new Capellix unit. This is a completely different animal. Going to need an update, a replacement, or just a different unit entirely as this is so not ok given the marketing claims.

Edited by caveman19
update text
  • Thanks 2

Apperantly I can't tell ppl the Truth about this AIO, my posts get deleted by MODs.

(which proves that they are reading what we write but don't care enough to do anything about the issues of their products btw)

Well, I RMA ed this AIO and got another cooler(Air), which works better and is silent.

(Hope this doesn't get deleted)

• Like 2

4 hours ago, whocares said:

Apperantly I can't tell ppl the Truth about this AIO, my posts get deleted by MODs.

(which proves that they are reading what we write but don't care enough to do anything about the issues of their products btw)

Well, I RMA ed this AIO and got another cooler(Air), which works better and is silent.

(Hope this doesn't get deleted)

Yeah I got a "warning" for recommending other brands. Luckily for me, I saw this thread in October of last year. I posted and asked why they would not allow the pump RPM to be lowered, and how they made their noise measurements included in the specs (I am an audio engineer). The response back then was that the pump could not be slowed down because it could not overcome loop resistance, and it would be noisier at lower RPM. Both of these responses are obvious BS, which has been proven by the many irate customers who have hacked the config file to lower the pump speed. Apparently it still works fine and it does not get louder. As for how the measurements were done, the response from the Corsair rep was that he has one of these coolers running in a test machine and he can't hear it. I guess that is their noise measurement procedure - to see if  this guy can hear it?

I ended up buying a different brand of AIO cooler that is not plagued by these problems. I won't say what brand because apparently that is not allowed on this forum. While I was at it, I changed my entire RGB control platform. When I read the iCue threads, I am very happy that that I changed brands but feel very sad for all of the people who are still dealing with this and other issues.

Corsair is not going to admit that this is a problem. The length of this thread is proof. If they did, they could be looking at a recall of thousands of AIO coolers. The sad thing is that their new Elite Capellix coolers with the fancy LCD screen have the same pump and mount and they are just as bad. I asked about that too and was ignored.

Edited by SpeedyV
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• Administrators
3 hours ago, whocares said:

my posts get deleted by MODs.

Because as you were informed you were promoting another brand.

3 hours ago, whocares said:

While the forum mods can't directly address these issues, we do pass them on to the appropriate teams. One thing to note is that creating a ticket when you have an issue has a big impact. The support portal is the best place to directly communicate with our technical support team.

On 10/6/2021 at 9:51 AM, FireWarner said:

I got it below 2000RPM by changing the configuration of the ''Balanced'' Profile to 50%. It is running on 1960~1990RPM Right now and the irritating noise is away! the pump is working fine and its running well, the temperatures are the same or a little higher 

I fixed it by going to %appdata% / Corsair / CUE4 / Cooling / Configurations
Then: Ctrl + F / Search ''Balanced'' pump speed /

set the ''<fixedPercents>75</fixedPercents> to ''<fixedPercents>50</fixedPercents>''

Then close the note you writing in. First you set your Pump RPM Profile to Balanced,

and close ICUE with your Task manager. Then startup ICUE and for me it was running on 1960RPM 

If ICUE won't startup, you restart your pc and then it will work hopefully. Otherwise re-install ICUE

Hopefully it works for you too and that this will help you!

Corsair Please update the firmware to make it alot easier.

Warner

d5ccdcd0f2cc32c7b76716c702c850ea.png +

almost 3 months further and no issues yet 🙂 so over which long term issues were spoken?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Hi been looking into buy a new AIO since I'm building my new desktop and was indecided if I should order the H100i or another brand.

All I can say is, thank you very much for sharing your experience with the Elite Capellix made me decided to stay well away from it. 

First time that I will be moving from Corsair regarding AIOs.

Once again thank you for sharing your experience with the product guys 🙂 

• Thanks 2

October 26, 2020 and still no answers.. i got the impression that most of the customers on this thread are loving ICUE and do i do.. but van we at least get a Substantiated answer? That we havent heard yet? Ik curious hoe dat we can get with this Community.

Knd Regards.

Your person who warns you by fire.🔥

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, David Soeiro said:

Corsair Elite Capellix looks very nice but noise is a shame. When you buy an AIO, it's precisely to have a silent PC. All components of my PC make less noise than this pump 😞

Use my mod To het rid of the bzzzzzz or'whine'

• Like 2