Corsair Community

Double Shot Key Caps

Corsair Henry

Which color keycaps and Material do you prefer?  

250 members have voted

1. 1. Which color keycaps and Material do you prefer?

• Black Keycaps + ABS
    • Black Keycaps + PBT
    • White keycaps + ABS
    • White keycaps + PBT
    • numbers + Legends side by side ( better lighting)
    • Single Thickness
    • Double thickness

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sad to say, I can't wait for these caps. It was a bad move to have a non-standard layout. Users are limited with the keycap customization with this "gamer" layout. It's the same with Razer. Even if this project pans out, it'll still be limited because no keycap manufacturer actually makes a 6.5u spacebar (there's one in shapeways but it's too expensive for just a spacebar).

With that said, I bought a ducky shine 5 and im selling my strafe.

Ducky Shine 5

http://i63.tinypic.com/25ugmro.jpg

Strafe

http://i66.tinypic.com/hv778l.jpg

@Santibols

Ducky 5 is a nice keyboard and they make their own caps. However, it's great to see Corsair listening to their customers and try provide a solution.

Going by feedback on this thread double shot pbt backlits seem to be the forerunner. If this is the case then a partnership with Vortex gear seems to be the most likely way forward as they've already got the mould for these and have the corsair non standard bottom row caps as stated on their Facebook page.

These things take time to arrange but it's still going in the right direction. Enjoy your new keyboard bud and maybe check the strafe out later, if this pans out these caps will be highly sought after. ;):

Peace

Wulf

@Santibols

Ducky 5 is a nice keyboard and they make their own caps. However, it's great to see Corsair listening to their customers and try provide a solution.

Going by feedback on this thread double shot pbt backlits seem to be the forerunner. If this is the case then a partnership with Vortex gear seems to be the most likely way forward as they've already got the mould for these and have the corsair non standard bottom row caps as stated on their Facebook page.

These things take time to arrange but it's still going in the right direction. Enjoy your new keyboard bud and maybe check the strafe out later, if this pans out these caps will be highly sought after. ;):

Peace

Wulf

I know this will take time and im glad that corsair is listening to their base. What I'm trying to say is that even with this, customization is still limited. There are literally hundreds of keyset designs out there that a keyboard enthusiast can get IF the layout of this keyboard is standard (bottom row). I want the Pulse Keyset but the spacebar wont fit. I dunno who decided to make this layout but it's hurting Corsair. People love corsair's line of keyboards except the non-standard bottom row. You just have to check different forums and you'll see. I guess my point is, why limit your base when you can have a bigger one? The windows key can be disabled anyway, so why make it non-standard?

Just go give everyone an update that this is not a lost cause, it looks to be moving along quite nicely. No ETA but we do have the attention

Cool, thanks for the update Henry. Everything I can is crossed hoping this comes off. :D:

Best

Wulf

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I'm adding my voice to those who want these. I use a Strafe RGB MX Silent. The textured keycaps for the WASD keys have worn out. Not sure how else, besides buying a "Double Shot" I can get them replaced. Been waiting on a response to my support ticket for a good while now. (Rather frustrated)

• 2 weeks later...