Corsair Community

Double Shot Key Caps

Corsair Henry

Which color keycaps and Material do you prefer?  

250 members have voted

1. 1. Which color keycaps and Material do you prefer?

• Black Keycaps + ABS
    • Black Keycaps + PBT
    • White keycaps + ABS
    • White keycaps + PBT
    • numbers + Legends side by side ( better lighting)
    • Single Thickness
    • Double thickness

I've ordered custom keys from maxkeyboard.com. I primarily use OS X and ordered 4 keys to replace the Windows key, menu key and the two Alt keys. They are exactly like the stock keys in look and feel.

I'd be interested in backlit compatible double shot keys though. They tend to be quieter than the stock keys.

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can assure that it is still going on. I am just not allowed to post any pictures or tell anyone where we are in the phases. I hope you understand.

Oh that's great news Henry, good to know these caps are being done. Looking forward to grabbing a set of these for my strafe. :D: Many thanks for the update.

Best

Wulf

They sound nice... but what I really want is all metal, preferably stainless steel or billet aluminum--both polished, key caps for every key on my k95 rgb (with transparent inserts or cutouts for the characters.) I know that getting metal key caps to seat correctly on their switches is really difficult, so that wish might remain a wish for a long time, but that's what I'd really like.

I think double shot keycaps would be awesome, I personally think they look far better and not to stray from the topic too much, but has there been any word on getting blue switches back for the k70 rgb? Any info would be great!

• Corsair Employees
They sound nice... but what I really want is all metal, preferably stainless steel or billet aluminum--both polished, key caps for every key on my k95 rgb (with transparent inserts or cutouts for the characters.) I know that getting metal key caps to seat correctly on their switches is really difficult, so that wish might remain a wish for a long time, but that's what I'd really like.

One step at a time. I would very much like a set of zinc keycaps as well, but the cost of the whole set will most likely exceed or about the same cost of the keyboard itself..

Edited by Corsair Henry

Would love to see Keycap varieties from Corsair, especially in PBT and Full-Clear Housing, maybe some FPS/Game Special also. I already like the Strafe Font, but new ones would be also welcome. Would pay 5$-25$ depeding on the set.

One step at a time. I would very much like a set of zinc keycaps as well, but the cost of the whole set will most likely exceed or about the same cost of the keyboard itself..

ASWD/QWERDF/Corsair Logo Zinc Keycaps? 25$ bucks?

Would love to see Keycap varieties from Corsair, especially in PBT and Full-Clear Housing, maybe some FPS/Game Special also. I already like the Strafe Font, but new ones would be also welcome. Would pay 5$-25$ depeding on the set.

If you want clear keycaps there are tons of those out there already. They are standard cherry MX switches. The bottom row is not standard though.

I have the K70 RGB and replaced certain key caps with the key caps you guys offer for $15. They are contoured with red plastic. They have great grip with no finger slipping. I also just bought the RGB Strafe Silent, I do not like those rubber coated key caps. My fingers slide too much with those. So I re-used the red plastic contoured keycaps from my K70 RGB.

Ahhh i thought you meant all 104 keys LOL

I will be okay with only specific keys for now. The other guy who proposed this might not though how costly this kind of keycaps are... Full 104 Zinc/Aluminium might reach 150$. Would be amazing a black-aluminium full layout for the K70, but... The cost would be extremely premium.

If you want clear keycaps there are tons of those out there already. They are standard cherry MX switches. The bottom row is not standard though.

I know that. But I really like Corsair work and having then making there own keycaps would be really amazing honestly.

I made an account just for this thread. I'm a K95 owner and I've had several keys replaced twice. It's been frustrating as the stems will break. Not my only complaint about the keyboard but not having replacement keys is a glaring issue. I've begun the RMA process between this and the 16.9 color issue. Really hoping for some high quality PBT keys like my Deck Legend.

• Corsair Employees
I know that. But I really like Corsair work and having then making there own keycaps would be really amazing honestly.

Thank you for the kind words. We are working towards being even more amazing! :D:

Yes Corsair makes nice stuff but I have had great luck with getting keycaps from MaxKeyboard. I had them make 4 custom keycaps for the bottom row to turn my K65 RGB into a Mac keyboard and the keys look and feel exactly like the stock keys.

Check these out: http://www.maxkeyboard.com/max-universal-cherry-mx-translucent-clear-black-full-keycap-set-top-print.html.

It is always possible the keycaps are outsourced to the same place anyways.

Yes Corsair makes nice stuff but I have had great luck with getting keycaps from MaxKeyboard. I had them make 4 custom keycaps for the bottom row to turn my K65 RGB into a Mac keyboard and the keys look and feel exactly like the stock keys.

Check these out: http://www.maxkeyboard.com/max-universal-cherry-mx-translucent-clear-black-full-keycap-set-top-print.html.

It is always possible the keycaps are outsourced to the same place anyways.

I think the point of PBT caps is because people don't like the feel for stock caps. I should say, they appreciate quality of pbt more than the cheap tinsy feel of the thin abs.

• Corsair Employees

Ladies and Gentleman, this will be my last update as I am not able to provide any more details.

The good news is that WE ARE ALL SET AND READY TO GO!!:D:

Thank you to all who participated and voted and to everyone who added their voice to make this happen.