Corsair Community

Corsair Gaming and the Sails Logo: The Official Corsair Statement

Yellowbeard

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm just wondering if There are model number plans for these keyboards so that we could add a notification alert when they come available, I was one of the people that cancelled my order when I saw the logo and have been waiting ever since. Specifically looking for the k70 RGB Cherry MX Brown with the sails logo.

I pre-ordered a Vengeance K70 RGB cherry mx brown keyboard and M65 RGB black mouse (both with sails logo) from http://www.scan.co.uk on 1st November with an expected in stock date of 17th November.

Scan (Corsair) have now changed the expected date of the keyboard to 5th December and the mouse is not expected until 19th January 2015!!

Really disappointed that they have been delayed this much and just hope they don't get delayed further.

I've been oogling around for a new keyboard for some time now and saw Linus' review of the K70 and K95 RGB's. I went for the K70. I have a Corsair Cooling system as well as Dominator Platinums- I've always considered Corsair a high-end product in both performance and aestethics so I didn't give it a second thought when I punched the "order" button on my webstore. Then I started looking closer at the pictures of the K70 (the way one does when waiting for something with high anticipation) and I SAW IT. That logo.

I had to void my order. I cannot have this horrible logo in my home. I thought Corsair was enthusiast-oriented and not gaming oriented. Won't gamers buy the keyboard unless it's an ugly juvenile logo on it? I'm 30+ and even in my teens when I did far more gaming than now (hey, I have to work) I would've thought that logo looked cheap.

Sadly though. I do not want any other keyboard. There simply isn't one out there. All the other brands kb's have bad logos and also Corsair now. I guess I'll stick to my old, plastic, crappy Logitech until Corsair's next release in which they have hopefully come to their senses and reverted back or at least give the consumer an option to replace the logo.

They close for 4 days over Thanksgiving right?

And it's not what the retails are thinking either:

I emailed Scan.co.uk asking about the availability and they said:

"We had been advised to expect the keyboards around mid-December however this is not guaranteed. Having just checked the backlog reports from Corsair themselves they are still saying that the date is to be confirmed."

Hey!

I live in Finland and i would REALLY REALLY prefer keyboard with the old logo. I currently looking to buy new keyboard and mouse so is it possible to have K70 and M65/Sabre with nordic layout?

EDIT: Ok, K70 is coming with nordic layout with the old logo... But is there any chance that M65 and/or Sabre is coming out with old logo?

They close for 4 days over Thanksgiving right?

And it's not what the retails are thinking either:

I emailed Scan.co.uk asking about the availability and they said:

"We had been advised to expect the keyboards around mid-December however this is not guaranteed. Having just checked the backlog reports from Corsair themselves they are still saying that the date is to be confirmed."

So mid-late January, I would guess.

So the Vengeance K70 RGB cherry mx brown keyboard from scan.co.uk has gone from expected stock date of 17th November to 5th December and now 22nd December so really it's gonna be sometime in 2015.

Are Corsair offering discounts or any form of goodwill gesture for the repeated delays?

Are Corsair offering discounts or any form of goodwill gesture for the repeated delays?

Ha, good one. Nope, I imagine we'll be told to be patient, they're working hard to meet the deadline, and some excuse why it might be delayed so they'll update us when they find out what's going on, which will inevitably be after Christmas.

I'm not sure how much I even want the keyboard anymore :/

Archived