Corsair Community

Corsair Gaming and the Sails Logo: The Official Corsair Statement

Yellowbeard

No you are seeing a group of complainers and that is not a STAT and as I pointed out I'm sure Corsair knew their would be some unhappy customers but figured you'd grow up and get over it. also pointed out that you have no idea how many of those complaining actually said "F it I'm buying it anyways" or how many like the new logo (like yourself)

In short just like I said YOU have nothing but some posters complaints and your OPINION and those aren't sales figures.

So I take it you won't be making a neutral poll then?

It's not just a random group we're talking about. It's about half the comments you'll see anywhere about the keyboard saying they don't like the new logo.

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So I take it you won't be making a neutral poll then?

It's not just a random group we're talking about. It's about half the comments you'll see anywhere about the keyboard saying they don't like the new logo.

Which in actual fact only amount to a small minority of the install base, Corsair already stated it's not up for discussion, It's their choice and we have to respect that :):

Which in actual fact only amount to a small minority of the install base, Corsair already stated it's not up for discussion, It's their choice and we have to respect that :):

Are you kidding me? I guess the people that complained about Windows 8 were also a small minority of the install base. This whOle thing has blown up everywhere (at least as much as possible for a logo), I challenge youto find more than 5 people (not counting corsair marketing employees and executives) that will admit to actually liking the new logo.. Literally every single review of the keyboard or mouse (even on you tube) mentions how ugly and tacky the new logo is. Even teenage gamers that corsair was going after find it tacky.

I guess the general consensus that the world is round is actually a small minority of the install base to you since we haven't actually asked every person on this planet their opinion.

Some people will hate anything. I responded to one post that said nobody like the new logo, saying that actually there were a few that did (though I wasn't one of them). For stating an actual provable fact, I got a bad post rating. :roll:

:D: dont feel bad,Im on my 2nd page of bad post ratings

but when they take time from their life and dedicate it to me...

I say thanks;):

I challenge youto find more than 5 people (not counting corsair marketing employees and executives) that will admit to actually liking the new logo.. Literally every single review of the keyboard or mouse (even on you tube) mentions how ugly and tacky the new logo is. Even teenage gamers that corsair was going after find it tacky.

And yet, they are selling like hotcakes ::pirate::

I, for 1, have returned my k70 rgb and m65 rgb to amazon because I don't like the new logo. It's not the shape that bothered me so much though I don't really care for it. It's that it says gaming in bright yellow lettering on top of the products themselves that I won't live with. I could just remove and cover the hole on the keyboard with a makeshift sticker replacement, but the mouse is more difficult. If corsair offered replacement stickers for the KBs I'd probably have kept them both and just lived with it on the mouse. But Corsair has said they will not be offering replacement badges for the keyboards, and considering the snarkyness of at least one of the Corsair reps on here, I don't even want to bother with it anymore. It's sad that Corsair has made it so hard to love their new flagship peripherals, especially considering how long a lot of us waited in anticipation for them. I may order the Vengeance branded RGB k70 browns and m65rgb with the old logo if they become available on Amazon (which Corsair can or will not yet even confirm), and if I don't decide to jump off the corsair hype train completely before then. All the waiting has become tiresome, and I have other alternates selected already I'm ready to go with.

Just wanted to pop in to say thanks. It's reassuring to see Corsair take customer feedback under consideration. Many companies don't seem to listen at all.

(I'd still like to see a Vengeance K95 with Cherry MX Blues, but there probably isn't as much demand, so I understand.)

Thanks again for being awesome, Corsair :)

And yet, they are selling like hotcakes ::pirate::

Which I guess has nothing at all to do with them being the only Cherry MX RGB keyboards on the market (for now)...

And probably no way of knowing how many more (or or harder to believe, less) would have sold without the conspicuous GAMING logo. It's curious that it seems amazon reviews for the RGB products seem to have been combined with their corresponding pre-RGB variants to make it seem there are more and better ratings for them. I was following the ratings for a while, and before that there were few and mixed ratings for the new RGB lineup.

Yellowbeard, can you please confirm if the Vengeance branded rgb K70s (brown) with sails logo will be available on Amazon or only from Corsair on-line store? Same question for RGB m65? Will a pre-order date be set ahead of late-Nov release? This info would help for planning purposes and would be appreciated. Thx!

I apologize but I do not have that information at this time. When and IF I get channel/availability information I will post it.

Can you yet confirm channel/availability for the Corsails branded RGB variants of the K70, K95 and M65 yet? Any idea when that info might be available? I keep checking the forum almost everyday but would just check back around then if you had an idea when this info will be available.

Sincerely

It's curious that it seems amazon reviews for the RGB products seem to have been combined with their corresponding pre-RGB variants to make it seem there are more and better ratings for them. I was following the ratings for a while, and before that there were few and mixed ratings for the new RGB lineup.

this is and has been a common practice of many products within the same brand and not only practiced by Amazon but other vendors also for quite a while now so its old news...;):

:D: you just posted...so no

That one finally got through but the last two days whenever I've tried to post here I would get a time out and then wouldn't be able to go on to any of the forums unless I changed my ip address. I know I haven't been exactly positive in my postings about the logo but didn't think I was ever offensive or abusive.

That one finally got through but the last two days whenever I've tried to post here I would get a time out and then wouldn't be able to go on to any of the forums unless I changed my ip address. I know I haven't been exactly positive in my postings about the logo but didn't think I was ever offensive or abusive.

it had to be an internet lagging issue,,Corsair really respects users opinion and imop tolerates much more abuse than most sites Ive frequented.

at any rate from personal experience of a zillion times myself a notification/warning would have been issued first.;):

it had to be an internet lagging issue,,Corsair really respects users opinion and imop tolerates much more abuse than most sites Ive frequented.

at any rate from personal experience of a zillion times myself a notification/warning would have been issued first.;):

It hasn't always been that way. I remember when Corsair would delete any mention of competitors name on these forums. I guess they finally realized doing that was driving members away.

It hasn't always been that way. I remember when Corsair would delete any mention of competitors name on these forums. I guess they finally realized doing that was driving members away.
Off Topic:

They were never deleted. They were filtered out for a number of years. There's no evidence that the filter drove members away either.

Not to be a fanboy, but the Corsair forums are one of only a few product forums where you can get helpful feedback and support from those in the know. Try getting this kind of support and help in the ASUS forum. It's important to respect the forum rules and it's also important to not be too rude, not that I'm saying anyone has been too rude, but sometimes the comments need to be toned down. Another great forum that has great inside support is the EVGA forum. These forums are all tools we can learn from.

That said, we are now at that time of the month where we should start to see more Corsair keyboard products available with the sails logo. See below:

http://i.imgur.com/q1s6ErC.jpg

What I'm hoping for is a: 'Vengeance K70 - Cherry MX Brown - US' with BLUE LED BACKLIGHTING and the original Sails Logo. That would be my request.

Off Topic:

They were never deleted. They were filtered out for a number of years. There's no evidence that the filter drove members away either.

When you remove competitor name that can be considered deleting by anyone's book. When you censor members, it can make them not want to stick around. I know it made me stay away until i bought my K70 keyboard. I always thought censoring competitors name was a dumb thing to do in the first place. Glad to see you guys at Corsair rarely do it anymore.

Back on Topic:

I will hold off buying RGB keyboard until they unleash the full software and most of the issues are taken care of. When i do pick up a K70/K95 it will have the older sail logo on it.;):

I always thought censoring competitors name was a dumb thing to do in the first place. Glad to see you guys at Corsair rarely do it anymore.

At one point in time, a LONG time ago, it became necessary. But, this also began when we only made memory so it wasn't a big deal back then with respect to the number of names and curse words in our filter. If anyone was so offended by filtering a simple word that they refused to come to the Corsair forum then they probably would not have benefitted from being here in the first place. ::pirate::

Just chiming in to provide feedback on the logo. I'm not a fan, BUT I'm not going to pass up an incredible piece of technology over it either. The sails is one of my favorite logos...ever. Minimalistic, classy, something I'd be proud to show off. Truth be told, part of the reason why I picked up the MM600 mouse mat was that the sails were there in their glory (plus it's the best mouse surface I've ever used)!

If anyone comes to see my build with the keyboard, I'd be willing to bet they'll have more to say about what the keyboard can do (potential software issues aside) than they would about the gaming logo. Can't wait to get my K95 MX Blues (two more days according to UPS!) and play around with it. My two cents: Since there's no turning back, I'd recommend for future upgrades to the model to do what you did with the Vengeance line and keep the gaming logo on the packaging and keep the sails on the keyboard itself for aesthetic excellence. That way, the brand may still catch your target market's eye on the packaging and still have the professional, classy look your standard logo presents. Nothing that hasn't already been mentioned already, just my two cents. Aside from that, keep up the good work!

Archived