Corsair Community

Corsair Gaming and the Sails Logo: The Official Corsair Statement

Yellowbeard

Just chiming in to provide feedback on the logo. I'm not a fan, BUT I'm not going to pass up an incredible piece of technology over it either. The sails is one of my favorite logos...ever. Minimalistic, classy, something I'd be proud to show off. Truth be told, part of the reason why I picked up the MM600 mouse mat was that the sails were there in their glory (plus it's the best mouse surface I've ever used)!

If anyone comes to see my build with the keyboard, I'd be willing to bet they'll have more to say about what the keyboard can do (potential software issues aside) than they would about the gaming logo. Can't wait to get my K95 MX Blues (two more days according to UPS!) and play around with it. My two cents: Since there's no turning back, I'd recommend for future upgrades to the model to do what you did with the Vengeance line and keep the gaming logo on the packaging and keep the sails on the keyboard itself for aesthetic excellence. That way, the brand may still catch your target market's eye on the packaging and still have the professional, classy look your standard logo presents. Nothing that hasn't already been mentioned already, just my two cents. Aside from that, keep up the good work!

a fine post with a logical opinion,,,,well said

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My gf ordered me the K70 RGB with Cherry Browns as a birthday gift and for god's sake I will love the crap out of it. I could care less about the logo, a gift is a gift and Corsair is Corsair. If a major car or tech company alters their logo, it changes nothing about their product. Sure, aesthetics may matter a lot to you but who stares at the logo when they're using their keyboard? If you even need to look at your keyboard to type, you should take some typing lessons.

Joined here just to say that i bought the k70 RGB with mx reds from newegg (my first mech keyboard) and I love everything about it! Got the SKU with the sails to match my Air 540 and my other corsair stuff. Can't wait for late November so I can snag a matching m65!

I'm really glad and relieved that Corsair decided to manufacture the keyboards with the sails logo rather than leave it be and keep making the ones with the "gross" logo.

I ordered the K70 brown switches about a month ago from Amazon, but now that I have assurance that the sails logo is coming, I'll be returning this one and asking for the sails one for Christmas. Depending on how long I can wait, I may order another K70 between then and return that one as well.

I feel like it's a bit silly to do that (okay, more than a bit), but I won't be fully satisfied without the sails.

I have the K95 RRB and i'd really like the sails logo vs. the "gaming" one, has Corsair been able to send out the "sails" logo to customers?

They won't be sending out any replacement logos. The only option you have are these below.

1) return the product and wait for version with sail logo to be in stock

2) live with the current logo or remove it

3) make your own logo to place over the ugly yellow gaming logo

Ign review is up for k70 rgb, top comments are all about how horrible the new logo . This is a YOUNGER GAMER crowd that is not old school corsair enthusiasts (second class citizens to corsair marketing these days). Guess the target market isn't even that keen on the new logo.

Ign review is up for k70 rgb, top comments are all about how horrible the new logo . This is a YOUNGER GAMER crowd that is not old school corsair enthusiasts (second class citizens to corsair marketing these days). Guess the target market isn't even that keen on the new logo.

reviews such as these are usually one sided.

those that care less of something such as a logo are not going to waste their time posting because of the insignificance of it and those that like the logo as a rule feel the same

of course as its the norm,those that dont like something go to great extents to make positively sure that their opinion is saturated on as many places on the net as possible ,even to the extent to constantly register multiple nicks to again saturate their opinion...

. This is a YOUNGER GAMER crowd that is not old school corsair enthusiasts (second class citizens to corsair marketing these days).

You can do 1 of 2 things with regards to your posts.

1. Stop trying to stir up trouble. You can contribute to discussions but I've have about enough of this sort negative drivel.

2. Stop posting.

It's your call.

EDIT

IGN REVIEW

2 of the top 50 to 100 posts mention the logo.

Perhaps i have gotten carried away with the negativety, just a big passionate Corsair fan with a background in business that has been around long enough to see many competing companies fail due to having their ego caught up in a bad decision or strategy and refusing to change course.I know the keyboards are selling great i just don't see it related to the new logo.Also In my defense, the top 4 posts on the Ign review are about the logo and the top rated post on the whole thread is a negative one about the logo.

Also want to mention that I have bought the k70 rgb and m65 rgb and love them (besides the logo) and will probably also buy the sails versions upon release. I have never liked a keyboard more than i like the k70 rgb mx blue.I have given both products 5 star reviews on newegg and will continue to say nothing but good about the quality of the actual products. Sorry if I came off as trying to stir up trouble, I've said my peace and I'l try to stay out of it from now on.

What gets me about IGN and OC3D TV K70 RGB keyboard reviews is this. Who does a review of a product but leaves out that a lot of customers are having issues with the software. They don't even say something like "Corsair is aware of current issues and is working hard to fix them".

Too many review sites write articles to please the vendor over the reader. They leave out vital information that people should be aware of.

What gets me about IGN and OC3D TV K70 RGB keyboard reviews is this. Who does a review of a product but leaves out that a lot of customers are having issues with the software. They don't even say something like "Corsair is aware of current issues and is working hard to fix them".

Too many review sites write articles to please the vendor over the reader. They leave out vital information that people should be aware of.

They may not have dug that deep. Aren't they new at this sort of review?

• Corsair Employee

If they're not having issues themselves, they're not necessarily going to report it. And since MOST people using the keyboard aren't having problems, including the reviewers, then it's non-consequential.

Not to say that there aren't "too many" people having issues, but unless the reviewer has a problem, then seeks out for others having the same issues or calls Corsair to get to the bottom of things, they're just going to report what they know.

They may not have dug that deep. Aren't they new at this sort of review?

I believe they are, but they were able to work through the basics of the software. I don't have a problem with complicated software as it's just another challenge in life, and it creates something to do and focus on, which is kind of a game in itself. I'm sure the software will get better over time.

Thanks for posting the link to the IGN review Yellowbeard. I read the review and all the comments and it does seem there are not that many complaints of the new logo, but there also seemed to be a lot of support for Ducky keyboards, with Razer a distant third...I do have to much time on my hands.

I can understand seph13's passion as I would also like to see Corsair succeed. Corsair does seem to understand quality, and that's not easy to find these days.

As this thread is about the Sails Logo, I'm wondering if Corsair could consider a new line of keyboards called the "Professional" series? Retire the Vengeance name and create a new line of K70's with MX Blues or Browns, with Blue or White LEDS, along with the original Sails Logo.

I can understand that a boss or a client looking over your shoulder sees a yellow gaming logo on your keyboard might wonder what that's about. It's also possible to add a RGB version into the professional mix as if a bird would like to attract the attention of that new cute office girl who was just hired. :laughing:

If Ferrari changed their horse logo to a yellow smiley face, I think that would put people off buying them.

Youre putting emphasis on the wrong thing.

If Ferrari changed their horse logo to a smiley face, that would put people off buying them. The normal Ferrari logo is yellow as it is...

Archived