Corsair Community

Corsair Gaming and the Sails Logo: The Official Corsair Statement

Yellowbeard

I do appreciate finally getting a concrete statement on what is being offered (though I will say at least saying it was under consideration would have gotten me to lay off a lot sooner).

Definitely willing to wait for a brown K70 with the non-crappy logo, and it will probably keep me going back to corsair for PSUs and other internals in the future, though I will still avoid anything that actually shows this logo.

If you do get any availability or channel info on pre-orders, it would be a huge help though. I understand the need to not do anything that reads as a date commitment, but at the same time, it does serve you guys to get pre-orders up as soon as possible, so you don't lose folks over time, so I hope you do let us know as soon as you can.

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you know anything about the RGB K70 Browns in german layouts at all? (Kinda the third time I'm asking now)

Because half of the german retailers have "unknown delivery date" or stated it as February[?????] - the keyboards came out 1 month ago. How are the so many problems with the supply of retailers? Especially germany. Its not like we're a 3rd world country or something. I just want my keyboard already. WITHOUT having to wait until NEXT YEAR.

So PLEASE share your information with us.

Edit:

Everybody here cries about not getting the logo they want. All I want is the keyboard with brown switches. I dont care what logo is on there atm.

I hope you guys know that shops still advertise the RGB line with the old logo. This is false advertising. so give us the old logo or make them change the advertising.

How is that false advertising? If they're still selling them so they can advertise what they want. Also Corsair already said that they will continue selling a quite broad number of layouts and switch types with the old logo.

How is that false advertising? If they're still selling them so they can advertise what they want. Also Corsair already said that they will continue selling a quite broad number of layouts and switch types with the old logo.

I know that, but I know they do not sell a K95RGB mx blue vengeance

I know that, but I know they do not sell a K95RGB mx blue vengeance

It is not corsair's fault if a website is selling an item with the wrong picture. It is the websites issue, which they will need to resolve. If you see this happening why not contact the website with the issue, and notify them that they will need to update their products picture.

I hope you guys know that shops still advertise the RGB line with the old logo. This is false advertising. so give us the old logo or make them change the advertising.

That's on the stores, not corsair. The only way corsair can "make them" use the right promotional materials is to cut off the supply of merchandise, which will hurt them as much as the website, or to take legal action, which is expensive, takes a long time, and may not even work depending on the laws and what agreements were made/signed.

I suggest you bring it up with the website directly. If you got a new model keyboard with the old model logo displayed on the page, demand a return and use a dispute on your credit card if you have to, but that's one thing corsair cannot control so don't waste energy hollering at them about it.

Corsair is in the classic "denial" phase. You can tell by all their posts about how the logo isn't going anywhere and silence. After probably spending months and countless business suit hours in boardroom meetings coming up with this "brilliant" new marketing plan and spending untold amounts of money putting this together they will not change their course. Even though all Corsair gaming social communication lines (facebook, twitter, forums) are flooded with complaints about the new logo and "gaming" it doesn't matter.

How can we, after taking one look at the new logo and marketing, know better than them when they have spent countless hours and money on developing the new logo and direction. It is inconceivable to them, we must obviously be a vocal minority that is wrong.......except the mounting evidence that we are actually the general consensus which I'm sure is starting to unsettle them. Businessmen and marketing people typically have very high egos and a very hard time admitting fault, especially if they have been very successful in the past. Most people that end up in these careers were not the brightest or most level headed (they ended up being engineers, scientists, doctors etc.) but were the "popular" ones that were good

talkers and were very good at socializing. Big ego's due to their social popularity and successes. This tends to make them very narrow minded and egotistical. Trust me, it's not the Corsair engineers and technical people that can't admit the blunder. It's the marketing and executive people up top that think they know better when they don't.

What you seem to not understand is that those same "suits" knew there would also be a backlash that I'm sure they are welling to ride out. The fact that they will still make some with the old logo shows they aren't as narrow minded as you seem to think and are flexible to at least a small degree.

You have people saying they won't buy one with the new logo. That is the only fact necessary to show that my statement is correct, which is not negated by the fact that it's currently sold out.

There are plenty of wrong ways to interpret factual data, which is the reason the statement "there are lies, damn lies, and there are statistics" exists.

You do realize you have zero statistics to back up your claims. You claim it's losing sales but have no idea if the logo has generated any sales, or will in the future. Your entire post is based on nothing but your belief that everyone that said they wouldn't buy actually didn't buy, I'll bet many bought anyway.

You have nothing but your opinion backed up by nothing and I'm willing to bet Corsair has done market research and actually has stats and sales figures that ,if they wanted, could use to prove you wrong.

Gezzz this is probably the best keyboard out and you'd give that up and buy a second rate product because you hate a logo? Crazy if you ask me.

Now what second rate keyboard with a cool logo are you going to get?

imho,its pure stupidity to pass on buying the kb because of the logo

i mean really now sure its nice to have it both ways but to say it wouldnt be bought with the new logo?:eek:

i was going to go buy a very limited run of a prototype Lamborghini the other day but didnt because i heard that another customer had put his finger prints on the spare tire,,,he just wasted the looks of that car:roll:

Just to go ahead and clear it up, there is no plan to offer stickers.

Why not? I bought a K70 RGB in good faith on the message that "everyone will be taken care of."

It's a simple fix for those who already bought a keyboard and for those who want a model you're not offering a Vengeance model for.

This is beyond stupid. You're going to reopen Vengeance lines, but you're not going to issue out replacement badges that would cost cents.

Why not? I bought a K70 RGB in good faith on the message that "everyone will be taken care of."

It's a simple fix for those who already bought a keyboard and for those who want a model you're not offering a Vengeance model for.

This is beyond stupid. You're going to reopen Vengeance lines, but you're not going to issue out replacement badges that would cost cents.

No person authorized to speak for Corsair ever hinted at, offered, or suggested that we would be making replacement badges.

If you have a complaint, please contact customer service.

You do realize you have zero statistics to back up your claims.
If you don't think the very loud opposition to it and the fact that people have specifically stated they won't buy one with the new logo isn't enough, you really haven't been paying attention. You simply don't see many people who prefer the new logo (I mean they exist, but I've literally only seen about two or three).

I challenge you to go make a neutral poll on any forum if that isn't enough, with the question "Which logo do you prefer?". I guarantee you'll see I'm right.

This level of denial reminds me of Windows 8. There were a few people who did not believe it would be unpopular too.

Gezzz this is probably the best keyboard out and you'd give that up and buy a second rate product because you hate a logo? Crazy if you ask me.

I already have several mechanical keyboards, including an original K70 and some from several other brands. And yes, I do prefer them to the K70 RGB with the new logo.

You could always return it as a defective product and wait for sail logo RGB to be released.

You do realize you have zero statistics to back up your claims. You claim it's losing sales but have no idea if the logo has generated any sales, or will in the future. Your entire post is based on nothing but your belief that everyone that said they wouldn't buy actually didn't buy, I'll bet many bought anyway.

You have nothing but your opinion backed up by nothing and I'm willing to bet Corsair has done market research and actually has stats and sales figures that ,if they wanted, could use to prove you wrong.

well someone rated this as a bad post. I wonder who that was? :roll:

well someone rated this as a bad post. I wonder who that was? :roll:

Some people will hate anything. I responded to one post that said nobody like the new logo, saying that actually there were a few that did (though I wasn't one of them). For stating an actual provable fact, I got a bad post rating. :roll:

It's just one person's opinion; don't take it seriously.

If you don't think the very loud opposition to it and the fact that people have specifically stated they won't buy one with the new logo isn't enough, you really haven't been paying attention. You simply don't see many people who prefer the new logo (I mean they exist, but I've literally only seen about two or three).

I challenge you to go make a neutral poll on any forum if that isn't enough, with the question "Which logo do you prefer?". I guarantee you'll see I'm right.

This level of denial reminds me of Windows 8. There were a few people who did not believe it would be unpopular too.

I already have several mechanical keyboards, including an original K70 and some from several other brands. And yes, I do prefer them to the K70 RGB with the new logo.

No you are seeing a group of complainers and that is not a STAT and as I pointed out I'm sure Corsair knew their would be some unhappy customers but figured you'd grow up and get over it. also pointed out that you have no idea how many of those complaining actually said "F it I'm buying it anyways" or how many like the new logo (like yourself)

In short just like I said YOU have nothing but some posters complaints and your OPINION and those aren't sales figures.

Some people will hate anything. I responded to one post that said nobody like the new logo, saying that actually there were a few that did (though I wasn't one of them). For stating an actual provable fact, I got a bad post rating. :roll:

It's just one person's opinion; don't take it seriously.

I don't I think its funny

Archived