Corsair Community

Any ETA on the k70 rgb mx blues?

classicjimmy

If the responses I've seen to the others posting very similar questions are any indication; no, we can't know. Just have to hope. And pray. Perhaps sacrifice a goat.

^My attempt at humor. I've been chomping at the bit for an MX Blue k95 since July. ::pirate:: Sure hope it doesn't take into next year... I thought I was going to have one by my birthday (September) So much for that! heh heh.

If the responses I've seen to the others posting very similar questions are any indication; no, we can't know. Just have to hope. And pray. Perhaps sacrifice a goat.

^My attempt at humor. I've been chomping at the bit for an MX Blue k95 since July. ::pirate:: Sure hope it doesn't take into next year... I thought I was going to have one by my birthday (September) So much for that! heh heh.

No,don't sacrifice me.. :eek:

They are in production by Cherry but we're not expecting any MX RGB keyboards to be on shelves until late 2014/early 2015 between shipping the switches to our production facilities and the massive amounts of shipping delays due to the Xmas season.

Your post seem to imply that the keyboards aren't even in production right now, wouldn't it then be possible to make a Cherry MX Blue SKU with the old logo?

Perhaps even to use a black USB connector (seriously, who came up with the idea to make a red connector for a RGB keyboard).

Sorry for the confusion. I've posted it in a few threads about this issue but with so much activity, I'm sure it got buried.

The lack of MX RGB Blue switches is simply low stock in addition to every other switch. We anticipate more inventory from Cherry soon but at this rate, we won't see it on shelves until late 2014/early 2015 if you factor in production schedules and the usual delays that come with shipping during Xmas.

This was posted the other day, basically Cherry can't produce enough RGB keyswitches, in ANY color, Blue, Red, Brown whatever. Cherry doesn't have em to send to Corsair so Corsair can't put them in keyboards.

Did I miss something here?

I hope you realise Cherry makes the switches while Corsair manufactures and assembles the keyboards, the fact that Cherry are producing switches and that Corsair are not producing keyboards are two completely independent things.

In conclusion, yes, you missed something.

Considering how much Corsair messed this up from a software perspective (and hardware design if you ask some), I wouldn't blame all on Cherry. Honestly, who releases a RGB keyboard with 16.8 million colors printed on the box when it in reality is only able to display 255? To make a ghetto software fix 2 months after the release, 6 months after the original ETA, which was supposedly postponed in order to fix small quirks and make the release "up to Corsair's standard", is not acceptable.

Considering how much Corsair messed this up from a software perspective (and hardware design if you ask some), I wouldn't blame all on Cherry. Honestly, who releases a RGB keyboard with 16.8 million colors printed on the box when it in reality is only able to display 255? To make a ghetto software fix 2 months after the release, 6 months after the original ETA, which was supposedly postponed in order to fix small quirks and make the release "up to Corsair's standard", is not acceptable.

Not sure if you're being serious about the 255 colors...

Archived