Corsair Community

Corsair Gaming and the Logo

Yellowbeard

change.org is designed to collect your email address for selling; I don't think I've ever seen a company acknowledge a petition on this site, ever. There are many much better ways to provide feedback. Pushing on social media, messaging reps, and while extreme for an otherwise perfect keyboard in my opinion, boycotting are much more effective.

I agree on the boycott part, the petition is just being used as a means to organize numbers i guess so Corsair can see real numbers in one place (other than social media and news). Therefore, i am withholding my purchase of the K95 RGB until either Corsair changes the logo back OR another competitor makes something similar, i'll buy a Ducky shine 3 or 4 if all else fails.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Corsair Employee
Would you mind finding a compromise, like the changeable plates?

This is an idea that's been floated around the office. There's a lot of discussion going on around here, I will say that.

The best thing I can tell you is that if change is going to happen, it won't happen overnight. Even something as ostensibly insignificant as offering a replacement logo has repercussions.

My advice to the people who are genuinely upset about the Corsair Gaming branding initiative is to be patient. Give us a couple of months to see how everything washes out and to collect our data. If you're still upset by the logo, please continue to make yourself be heard. If you find after a while that it doesn't bother you the way it used to, let time be the judge.

This is an idea that's been floated around the office. There's a lot of discussion going on around here, I will say that.

The best thing I can tell you is that if change is going to happen, it won't happen overnight. Even something as ostensibly insignificant as offering a replacement logo has repercussions.

My advice to the people who are genuinely upset about the Corsair Gaming branding initiative is to be patient. Give us a couple of months to see how everything washes out and to collect our data. If you're still upset by the logo, please continue to make yourself be heard. If you find after a while that it doesn't bother you the way it used to, let time be the judge.

Dustin, your attitude has been great. I'd just like to share my 2 cents on the matter with you.

-I would like to see future products with the Corsair Gaming branding to be neutral in color.

A perfect example is the White M65 RGB. It looks great compared to the yellow text on it's black counterpart. I was excited for your RGB products because they allowed the capability to use virtually any color scheme. Unlike components that rest inside my PC case, the mouse and keyboard are always visible on my desk. Having the word gaming in yellow clashes hard, and is a big turn off from what otherwise are sleek, premium products.

-The possibility of removing the Corsair Gaming branding from future keyboards.

Everyone who uses a computer, owns a keyboard. Not everyone who uses a computer plays games. Many people I've shown my K70 RGB to wanted to buy one, but were waiting on blue switches. Now they are no longer interested. They refuse buy a keyboard for their office that has the word gaming on it, plain and simple.

You may say it's silly for people to not buy a keyboard over a small logo, but I argue it would be silly to continue using a logo that has compelled thousands of people to sign a petition.

Hey guys.

I want to be clear and candid with you. I'm a Corsair employee, I'm former press, and I hate PR speak as much as the next guy. When I was writing for AnandTech it was very easy for me not to understand the nuances of what goes on inside a business, and why decisions are made. Now that I'm inside, I have a clearer understanding of why tradeoffs happen, why sometimes unpopular initiatives occur...

The reality is a complicated one. At Corsair, we have to recognize all of those internal factors. But we also have to remember that not only are you, the customer, not aware of them, but you shouldn't have to be. So there's a tricky balancing act in place there.

So I'll level with you. I understand the move is controversial. It can be hard to visualize, but try to understand that Corsair isn't a giant corporate monolith. It's a group of individuals, and they all have their own opinions. But because we do represent Corsair, we can't publicly express how we might feel as individuals. What we CAN do is continue to discuss things internally and pay attention and LISTEN to you.

And that's the brutal part for you. Whether we agree with you or not, we can't acknowledge it publicly, we can only discuss it internally and try to do what we think is best for the company. What's best for the customers (collectively) is best for the company, since you keep us alive. We cannot conceivably please everyone, and that's an unfortunate truth.

I'm sorry if this all sounds like nebulous corporate doublespeak. Just know that there are people here who care, and we genuinely are listening.

I just want to say that this is much more helpful reply than the other guy's reply in page 1. His reply (though it might not be his intentions) can be a little bit undermining. This reply is much more pleasant to read. so.. yeah.. just wanna say thanks..

*edit: fixed spelling

Dustin, your attitude has been great. I'd just like to share my 2 cents on the matter with you.

-I would like to see future products with the Corsair Gaming branding to be neutral in color.

A perfect example is the White M65 RGB. It looks great compared to the yellow text on it's black counterpart. I was excited for your RGB products because they allowed the capability to use virtually any color scheme. Unlike components that rest inside my PC case, the mouse and keyboard are always visible on my desk. Having the word gaming in yellow clashes hard, and is a big turn off from what otherwise are sleek, premium products.

Everyone who uses a computer, owns a keyboard. Not everyone who uses a computer plays games. Many people I've shown my K70 RGB to wanted to buy one, but were waiting on blue switches. Now they are no longer interested. They refuse buy a keyboard for their office that has the word gaming on it, plain and simple.

You may say it's silly for people to not buy a keyboard over a small logo, but I argue it would be silly to continue using a logo that has compelled thousands of people to sign a petition.

That's a really good point. You probably don't want something that says "gaming" on it in your office.

Please sign the petition guys: http://www.change.org/p/corsair-components-inc-keep-the-old-corsair-logo

• Corsair Employee

I understand completely. There have been major technology purchases I opted not to make because of some ostensibly minor characteristic that has no bearing on the functionality. Honestly, one of the major movements going on internally - and this applies well beyond Corsair Gaming - is just how important aesthetics actually are. ID and aesthetics are being increasingly prioritized (which is not to say that functionality or quality are being deprioritized) since candidly, that's one of the places I think we can improve.

Like I said before, give us some time to regroup, take stock, evaluate. Corsair Gaming is in the channel, it's hit in a big way, and the keyboards are selling faster than we can make them. Give us time to figure things out; changing anything overnight would be reckless and would require scuttling tremendous amounts of assets and inventory. Working the signal to noise on the internet is difficult, too; unhappy customers are more vocal than happy ones, that's been a fact of business for as long as I can remember.

Let us evaluate the situation, but at the same time, don't be surprised if in three to six months, Corsair Gaming doesn't go anywhere. And I'm asking you to have faith that there are people inside Corsair that are listening to you and advocating for you.

So what you're really saying is that you and the people at Corsair know that this new logo looks like someone vomited onto a piece of paper and you may change it to something that is a little more grown up and less tacky, Crap, Cheap, Trampy, Vomit inducing etc etc...

I do appreciate you replying to the community, It's actually a breath of fresh air to know that people at the place that makes our favorite enthusiast parts listens to the community :):

So what you're really saying is that you and the people at Corsair know that this new logo looks like someone vomited onto a piece of paper and you may change it to something that is a little more grown up and less tacky, Crap, Cheap, Trampy, Vomit inducing etc etc...

He is being as straightforward as he can. Show some respect.

Edit: Just saw your edit.

The problem here is: "wait a couple of months" Seriously I DON'T WANT TO. Because I need to change my old Keyboard and Mouse In the next couple of weeks.

And With all due respect, I'm not from the USA and I don't change my peripherals twice a year, I do it every a couple of years. Right now I was going tu buy my first Mechanical Keyboard and Mouse. Both RGB, And F it! I will have to wait "a couple of months", just to see if Corsair feels comfortable with the new branding..? So there's a chance they never regret this decision and it will be either "Buy Our Products or GTFO".

So let's clarify that Corsar DO NOT always listen to their customers, listening to your customers it's not listen when something bad happens, but also listen to them when thinking about some new ideas / products.

What infuriates me, it's that they already invested a LOT of money on this thing, and as a company, they will NOT change it. At all, they will MAYBE, give you another Sticker for free, (US only, mark my words) And that'll be it.

I'm super angry right now as a customer. To me, all the products labeled as "Corsair Gaming" with that disgusting design are totally crap like a cheap chinese peripheral. And would definitely put any of them in the garbage if received as a gift.

Having worked in a marketing and PR department for a global fashion brand (we made well known sneakers) I can 100% appreciate the inability to express personal opinion and thank you for your honest reply.

That said I still think it is important to note that Corsair HAVE released a logo for their gaming brand which creates connotations that appear to go against all values of the Corsair we know and love.

We of course know this isn't an overnight solution kinda problem but I do think it is important to note that whilst people may buy the peripherals and you might see ok sales figures still. Please keep in mind that even these people who are buying the products would probably choose the classic Corsair logo or at least something more true to the brand we know than a tacky tribal pattern. We buy Corsair for the great quality products they are so please don't mistake all sales as acceptance of this new logo.

Thank you for responding so quickly. And for the politeness.

I was planning to wait untill christmas.

I will admit one thing. I was most upset about it all because it doesn't match the other Corsair perefeals.

Hope you guys will do what is best for both. <3

It's funny because the Corsair Gaming **** did launch kind of overnight...wouldn't a announcement and later release been more appropriate since that would've given the community and you time to react?

Also, very poor decision. You give your competitors a HUGE advantage here.

Hey guys.

I want to be clear and candid with you. I'm a Corsair employee, I'm former press, and I hate PR speak as much as the next guy. When I was writing for AnandTech it was very easy for me not to understand the nuances of what goes on inside a business, and why decisions are made. Now that I'm inside, I have a clearer understanding of why tradeoffs happen, why sometimes unpopular initiatives occur...

The reality is a complicated one. At Corsair, we have to recognize all of those internal factors. But we also have to remember that not only are you, the customer, not aware of them, but you shouldn't have to be. So there's a tricky balancing act in place there.

So I'll level with you. I understand the move is controversial. It can be hard to visualize, but try to understand that Corsair isn't a giant corporate monolith. It's a group of individuals, and they all have their own opinions. But because we do represent Corsair, we can't publicly express how we might feel as individuals. What we CAN do is continue to discuss things internally and pay attention and LISTEN to you.

And that's the brutal part for you. Whether we agree with you or not, we can't acknowledge it publicly, we can only discuss it internally and try to do what we think is best for the company. What's best for the customers (collectively) is best for the company, since you keep us alive. We cannot conceivably please everyone, and that's an unfortunate truth.

I'm sorry if this all sounds like nebulous corporate doublespeak. Just know that there are people here who care, and we genuinely are listening.

Do you not feel this post to be very condescending, especially the part that I bolded? It certainly came across that way to me.

...Everyone who uses a computer, owns a keyboard. Not everyone who uses a computer plays games...

Excellent point. I'm not a gamer (unless a few minutes of XP Pinball two or three times a year counts as gaming). The main reason I would want a RGB K95 over a so called non-gaming keyboard is the macro keys (the next reason would be lighted keys mostly since the characters on those won't wear off).

I understand completely. There have been major technology purchases I opted not to make because of some ostensibly minor characteristic that has no bearing on the functionality. Honestly, one of the major movements going on internally - and this applies well beyond Corsair Gaming - is just how important aesthetics actually are. ID and aesthetics are being increasingly prioritized (which is not to say that functionality or quality are being deprioritized) since candidly, that's one of the places I think we can improve.

Like I said before, give us some time to regroup, take stock, evaluate. Corsair Gaming is in the channel, it's hit in a big way, and the keyboards are selling faster than we can make them. Give us time to figure things out; changing anything overnight would be reckless and would require scuttling tremendous amounts of assets and inventory. Working the signal to noise on the internet is difficult, too; unhappy customers are more vocal than happy ones, that's been a fact of business for as long as I can remember.

Let us evaluate the situation, but at the same time, don't be surprised if in three to six months, Corsair Gaming doesn't go anywhere. And I'm asking you to have faith that there are people inside Corsair that are listening to you and advocating for you.

i would like to see how many of those keyboards will make there way back to suppliers/distrubutors. there has been a handful of users that i have seen in the last 4 days that have actually liked the logo. I do feel like this was an overnight decision it's not for the gamers and die hard enthusiasts.

i feel like this is money grab to "get the gamers." MY first REAL complaint is why sell a keyboard with a different logo when you are clearly showing the old logo on your site and other suppliers showing the older logo wouldn't that be false advertising?(keybaord shows sails and when customers recieve they get this "new" logo)

after what ive read and dealt with in the last month from you guys. i wouldnt mind finding another company to get fans ,coolers and a power supply from i.e. h100i stocks fans just plain all around are not that great. and the cs750m dont get me started on that. i couldnt even bottom mount it right because the fan is off balance and starts to sound like a diesel truck after 6-12hrs of being on.

-matt

Do you not feel this post to be very condescending, especially the part that I bolded? It certainly came across that way to me.

I can see that, but reading it the first time round I never got that impression- especially in context with the rest of his post which was pretty good to read.

• Corsair Employee
Having worked in a marketing and PR department for a global fashion brand (we made well known sneakers) I can 100% appreciate the inability to express personal opinion and thank you for your honest reply.

That said I still think it is important to note that Corsair HAVE released a logo for their gaming brand which creates connotations that appear to go against all values of the Corsair we know and love.

We of course know this isn't an overnight solution kinda problem but I do think it is important to note that whilst people may buy the peripherals and you might see ok sales figures still. Please keep in mind that even these people who are buying the products would probably choose the classic Corsair logo or at least something more true to the brand we know than a tacky tribal pattern. We buy Corsair for the great quality products they are so please don't mistake all sales as acceptance of this new logo.

That's something I'm personally interested in. The question when you look at the sales numbers (because let's be realistic, the MX RGB keyboards are selling) has to be: are people buying this keyboard because of the branding, despite the branding, or is the branding irrelevant? If the answer isn't "because of the branding," then the Corsair Gaming brand is failing to do its job. So it's important to be cognizant of confirmation bias.

That wasn't how it was intended at all. Let me reframe and rephrase.

When I was reviewing cases and cooling before coming to work for Corsair, I had to review the end product. In some instances I had access to the engineers, and so I could find out why something I didn't like in the product was the way it was.

But the end consumer doesn't have that luxury (usually; we try to be pretty communicative with you guys). So whatever logistical juggling we had to do behind the scenes is irrelevant; the product must stand on its own. Likewise, whatever business decisions and compromises we make have to be made with a clear understanding that we are responsible for the consequences, both favorable and unfavorable.

I can't seriously walk up to you, as a customer, and tell you that you should buy an identical product to a competitor's for $20 more because for whatever reason, we can't match their price. All the minutiae that lead up to that is irrelevant to you, because if I were in your position I'd buy the less expensive one. So my job (and Corsair's job in general) is to navigate that minutiae and come back to you with a reason why you should spend more on our stuff.

That's what I'm saying. Our job is to earn your dollar, not feed you excuses.

It's funny because the Corsair Gaming **** did launch kind of overnight...wouldn't a announcement and later release been more appropriate since that would've given the community and you time to react?

Also, very poor decision. You give your competitors a HUGE advantage here.

Exactly my thought. This indeed, was an overnight announcement.

What makes me rage more is. I'm a Graphic Design student, If I come to my professors showing that logo, they would definitely slap my face a couple of times before burning that logo. I would love to hear the responsible of such ugly and nonsense logo, about the meaning of it...

Again, this new branding, was an overnight decision to the public. Undo it. ****ing hell, undo it, and save yourselves from loosing tons of money. The new RGB family was THE announcement and the thing that was destined to succeed. Now this new branding idea, it's the company's biggest mistake ever.

EDIT: I'm sorry If I'm being rude, but when I really like Hardware brands, this things makes me go Nuts.

I have a truly honest question for any Corsair Employee. Will I be able to buy a K70 RGB AND a M65 RGB, without the Corsair Gaming brand? And I'm not talking about Remanent stock a dealer could have, but new ones, for example from the Corsair Site?

Just Answer please this one question. Because this answer will make me choose the next peripheral brand I will buy.

Thanks.

• Corsair Employee
Exactly my thought. This indeed, was an overnight announcement.

What makes me rage more is. I'm a Graphic Design student, If I come to my professors showing that logo, they would definitely slap my face a couple of times before burning that logo. I would love to hear the responsible of such ugly and nonsense logo, about the meaning of it...

Again, this new branding, was an overnight decision to the public. Undo it. ****ing hell, undo it, and save yourselves from loosing tons of money. The new RGB family was THE announcement and the thing that was destined to succeed. Now this new branding idea, it's the company's biggest mistake ever.

EDIT: I'm sorry If I'm being rude, but when I really like Hardware brands, this things makes me go Nuts.

I have a truly honest question for any Corsair Employee. Will I be able to buy a K70 RGB AND a M65 RGB, without the Corsair Gaming brand? And I'm not talking about Remanent stock a dealer could have, but new ones, for example from the Corsair Site?

Just Answer please this one question. Because this answer will make me choose the next peripheral brand I will buy.

Thanks.

Right now? No. In the future? It's impossible to say. I wish I could give you a clearer answer, but I'm not going to jerk you around.

2000 people is a noticeable number. As I said we listen. But, it is a microscopic portion of the amount of gaming enthusiasts in the world that are aware of and/or are customers using Corsair gaming peripherals.

So yes. "SOME" users are complaining. Others are complimenting.

Its now upto 6200 !!!

Corsair Listen... Psssst.... Your customers are trying to tell you something.....

Id change that now before its too late to go back....

I hope someone high up at corsair can see the whole picture before so many people turn there backs on you..

Yeah of course you will have sales. but you have nothing to gauge it on as its a new product. But what I do know is you would have had my sale and 6000 others plus the massive amount that have not, didnt bother or dont know about the petition which could easily be 10 times that amount.

The solution here is simple to me. Sell the existing stock you have with the existing logo and then once those are gone make the new ones with a better logo. The better logo can be the old one, one the community comes up with, or one Corsair comes up with and shows to the community first. Personally, I won't be buying anything from Corsair with the tramp stamp logo on it. I'm inclined to get the Razer Chroma now. Why in the world someone at Corsair thought it would be a good idea to put a logo that a 13 year old boy would come up with and draw in 10 minutes on their premium products that costs hundreds of dollars is beyond me.

The solution here is simple to me. Sell the existing stock you have with the existing logo and then once those are gone make the new ones with a better logo. The better logo can be the old one, one the community comes up with, or one Corsair comes up with and shows to the community first. Personally, I won't be buying anything from Corsair with the tramp stamp logo on it. I'm inclined to get the Razer Chroma now. Why in the world someone at Corsair thought it would be a good idea to put a logo that a 13 year old boy would come up with and draw in 10 minutes on their premium products that costs hundreds of dollars is beyond me.

We are still selling the original logo'd KBs. ::pirate:: Did you assume we weren't?

Archived