Corsair Community

Corsair Gaming and the Logo

Yellowbeard

Appreciated but maybe you could kick your designers up the butt and tell them to come up with something that looks professional, Grown up and not so tacky.

Corsair Gaming as a brand can work well but the logo needs to be tweaked, A LOT.

I am a lowly marketing person and I recently broke my kneecap in half. It is not possible for me to kick anyone at this time. ::pirate::

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Found a quick easy fix for everyone who doesn't like the logo, see attachment.

It's a logo for God's sake, you either like the keyboard or you don't, but to not buy one because of a logo... Seriously.

It's a $180 keyboard that will be on my desk for hopefully many years. I shouldn't have to put a piece of tape on it because of a stupid design decision.

I am a lowly marketing person and I recently broke my kneecap in half. It is not possible for me to kick anyone at this time. ::pirate::

Are you at least able to offer suggestions and feedback from the community to the design team? I would be very appreciative if you could push up the idea of selling a replacement logo to replace the new one with.

Preface: I am an avid PC gamer and huge fan of Corsair products. Most of my peripherals, and pretty much every part in my PC that can be made by Corsair, is a Corsair part. I created this account solely for this discussion because it would mean so much to complete my set up exactly how I want it.

I have been waiting for the new RGB line since I saw Linus' sneak peak video. I believe it would look perfect next to my M65 mouse (with original logo) and my Air 540 case (which also displays the original logo). The only thing I'm missing is that awesome keyboard. However, I cannot believe that it would look great with the new logo, as everything around it would display the old one. It would be out of place (never mind how tacky and Razer-like it looks). But if this new logo must be forced onto your future products, could we at least get the option of having the same products but with the old logo? Maybe even for just a limited time, for those of us who want them to match the rest of our Corsair products. Thank you.

Are you at least able to offer suggestions and feedback from the community to the design team? I would be very appreciative if you could push up the idea of selling a replacement logo to replace the new one with.

I, along with several other people, am funneling HUGE amounts of customer feedback into the appropriate places.

So I get everything you say and I kind of get your intention. What I think you don't get is

A: A TON of your customers are mature. They use your products because they are of high quality! They sometimes don't even game on it. The corsair logo bears a representation of quality, productivity and reliability. Slapping a cheap gaming logo on there ( http://imgur.com/V9hd6o1 ). Gaming products have the bad name of being cheap with fancy led's. Also, you just completely lost the mature, productive customer that does not game. They don't want this ugly *** bright yellow logo on their keyboard. Maybe a 14-year old kid would. But what kid has 200€ to spend on a keyboard?

B: Your point that there are 711 million pc gamers is completely irrelevant. First of all: his sources are not clear. Second of all: how many of those don't use pc as their main gaming device? Third: what part of the remaining customers knows corsair Fourth: How many of those like the new logo? Fifth: How many are willing to spend this quite big sum of money on a keyboard? Please for the love of yourself. Stop the bullcrap. Release the raptor lineup under this name. But not your high-end stuff.

I'm a huge fan of corsair and I love your stuff. I recommend to everyone that asks me about good keyboards. But this logo is a dealbreaker. Even Linus (one of your well-known buddies and arguably one of the best hardware reviewers on youtube) disproves of your logo.

If you want to be like ASUS' Republic of gamers, make it something like that. Make the gamers feel like an elite. Not a sideproduct. Call it Corsair Elite or something. And PLEASE involve the community more.

Thank you for reading!

Please sign the petition: https://www.change.org/p/corsair-components-inc-keep-the-old-corsair-logo

I feel the need to add a clarification. I DID NOT say customers are insignificant. Please read carefully if you are going to comment on my statements.

The fact remains however, we are NOT going to make a knee jerk decision, very likely a $$$ "7 figure" $$$ decision based on 36-48 hrs of feedback from the net. It would be ludicrous to do so. Corsair Gaming is moving ahead, as planned. Logo and all.

This statement does NOT mean that we are ignoring the number of people that are unhappy with the change. We are very aware of the websites, forums, and social media outlets that have discussions going on about Corsair Gaming.

Going forward with Corsair Gaming does not mean that there are not options for the future that can be considered. Just because Corsair gaming moves ahead, that does not mean that we cannot or will not explore options for the unhappy masses. But, we can't institute a change or a new plan overnight.

To be completely fair, I think the vast majority of the critique is just unhappiness with the logo, and this doesn't mean that people are necessarily against Corsair wanting to appeal to a wider audience.

It's not like anyone is demanding a complete rollback of Corsairs plans and already undertaken actions, and I think it is unfair of you to imply that.

Corsair is a company, and it's obviously important to them, not to throw money out of the window, but I honestly doubt that this "7 figure decision" that you speak of, was purely the decision of changing the Corsair logo

- If that is the case, that would just make this situation even more laughable, considering it looks like something a 12-year-old would come up with in half an hour - and 12-year-olds are considerably cheaper labour.

But again I believe you're being unfair that a rollback of a logo (or changing it to something slightly less awful) would mean rolling back your entire "7 figure decision". In the extension of that, It's also unfair to twist peoples words to sound like they're demanding that Corsair changes all of their plans for the future. This is not the case, but I suppose it's easier to defend the decisions by doing that.

Sure it's definitely going to cost a significant amount of money to change the logo back, but at the same time I am quite convinced that the ones who are upset about this decision are your core fans who really do care about Corsair as a brand - That's also why a lot of people react quite strongly, even though it's "just a logo".

I mean Corsair is known for their premium products of good quality, aimed at the real enthusiasts, and when you're paying for, say, a keyboard, half of the reason you decide to pay that little extra for the Corsair product simply is that the design is something special (which is something the new logo simple doesn't portray).

Personally I hope that Corsair will reconsider the change of logo, and not misinterpret peoples complains as a critique of the attempt to appeal to a broader audience - that's a natural thing for a company, but it's not natural to leave your core fans behind in that process.

I, along with several other people, am funneling HUGE amounts of customer feedback into the appropriate places.

This new logo will put Corsair near the bottom of the list when it comes to products that I am considering when making a purchase. It is just that bad to me.

My new K70 RGB has the original logo and I was considering a new Corsair mouse to go with it. I bought a Logitech Proteus core instead. I can deal with the G better than I can the Corsair tramp stamp.

Send that up, the new logo caused your competitor to get my money in this case.

This new logo will put Corsair near the bottom of the list when it comes to products that I am considering when making a purchase. It is just that bad to me.

My new K70 RGB has the original logo and I was considering a new Corsair mouse to go with it. I bought a Logitech Proteus core instead. I can deal with the G better than I can the Corsair tramp stamp.

Send that up, the new logo caused your competitor to get my money in this case.

I bet this is not the only case. Many people bought a razer kb because of this...

I feel the need to add a clarification. I DID NOT say customers are insignificant. Please read carefully if you are going to comment on my statements.

The fact remains however, we are NOT going to make a knee jerk decision, very likely a $$$ "7 figure" $$$ decision based on 36-48 hrs of feedback from the net. It would be ludicrous to do so. Corsair Gaming is moving ahead, as planned. Logo and all.

This statement does NOT mean that we are ignoring the number of people that are unhappy with the change. We are very aware of the websites, forums, and social media outlets that have discussions going on about Corsair Gaming.

Going forward with Corsair Gaming does not mean that there are not options for the future that can be considered. Just because Corsair gaming moves ahead, that does not mean that we cannot or will not explore options for the unhappy masses. But, we can't institute a change or a new plan overnight.

I don't think most people here are expecting corsair to all of a sudden stop what their doing and cancel the Corsair Gaming brand. Yes, after a 7-figure investment that's be ludicrous to do after 48hrs of feedback.

What I think many are hoping for is that all of this uproar and feedback from users, blogs & even product reviewers will go to the proper channels so the Gaming brand can be re-evalutated going forward.

Is there a place for a Corsair Gaming division? Sure, I understand you want to market as gaming to attract different demographics, but you lost the style and premium looks that the old corsair logo gave. Personally I think the logo design is atrocious. Look at RAZER; do they have their logo followed by RAZER GAMING next to it? No, they just have their logo and let it speak for itself. Why? because it is a good, unique and well designed logo.

my $.2 from a huge Corsair fan/customer.

I WAS a huge corsair fan and customer. I'm... not now. And this extends beyond just the "corsair gaming" line of peripherals. It goes to their products that they didn't touch with this as well. The reason is simple...

Any company that lacks foresight this badly, that is able to not only fall for a stupid trend like this but to completely fail at coming up with the design once in this trend... It displays a serious lack of judgement. I can't trust them to maintain the quality and direction in their other product lines if they're willing to compromise themselves this badly, with such a blatantly poor choice in a major segment of their business.

The PSU, memory, SSD, and Headset all used on my current PC are corsair products. They will all be the last, unless some reversal is seen here. I've got nothing against the idea of a rebrand, but this particular rebrand is just awful. If they can't admit that they screwed up, and back away from a logo I'd be embarrassed for someone to walk into my house and see, the replacements for all those components, as well as the new keyboard I desperately need, will all be coming from somewhere else, a company that hasn't embarrassed themselves so badly. I think Corsair knows who's on that list without me having to name them.

Translation: We are goiing to ignore you, but we're going to tell you that we're not ignoring you despite the fact that we just told you that we're ignoring you. Sorry but I 've heard that line in marketing enough times to know exactly what it sounds and smells like.

Regarding "knee jerk reactions" and the fact that you've likely spent a "seven figure sum" on this. You made a stupid, knee-jerk decision when you made this transition, it clearly wasn't thought out. The idea of a rebranding might have been good one. The logo wasn't. Especially not the colors. 5 minutes of browsing gaming forums would tell you that people hate ugly clashing colors. They would obviously hate them even more on a keyboard where the whole point is being able to customize its colors. The money is a sunk cost. You already spent it. Maybe you spent it poorly, on a BAD marketing strategy, but that doesn't justify anything. The first thing they teach anyone learning about business on any level is that money spent is GONE, and sticking to a bad strategy becuase "we already sank money into it" when it's not going to work is how businesses die. The fate of corsair probably won't be so dramatic, but the point is, and it's a very valid point despite your likelihood of dismissing it, you already wasted the money. There's nothing you can do about that. It's just as wasted if you don't fix it as if you did. If I actually bought an RGB (I won't as long as this logo is plastered on it), I'd have been able to make light up in whatever color sequence I wanted, but that ugly yellow logo would still be there, unless I butchered my keyboard and removed it.

I may just be one consumer, but I've got about a week before I need to put in the keyboard order I've already held off on for a month waiting for an RGB brown K70, on the good faith that it would be as advertised and not... this. When that week passes, you guys lose about $160 from me on the keyboard. You also lose the SSD, PSU, and Memory I was going to buy for my next build. Some option to buy the keyboard without that logo is all it takes to keep me, and probably a lot of others like me. To be honest I'd probably even be able to convince myself to slap on a replacement nameplate/decal whatever it is i f you guys just added them to the products, or made them available for free to RGB owners. Even that small, relatively inexpensive (we're talking maybe $1 per keyboard, probably less) would go a long way to a lot of people to show that you are at least TRYING to fix such a glaring failure of judgement.

to lose out on having top of the line products because of a logo is just totally mind blowing and to me functionality is hands down wayyyyyyyy more important than looks which in this case is one of the easiest mods that can be done.:confused::eeeeek::thinking::headbang::headbang2

too much emphasis on bling bling and not enough on learning how things work..,,, maybe this is why some have such a hard time with getting some products to work

Translation: We are goiing to ignore you, but we're going to tell you that we're not ignoring you despite the fact that we just told you that we're ignoring you. Sorry but I 've heard that line in marketing enough times to know exactly what it sounds and smells like.

This is incorrect as are several of the statements and conclusions you edited out of your post. In short, you are saying that we are lying to our customers here and around the net. That is simply not the case.

A simple solution for this is to give customers options. Make the logos out of plastic that can be inserted into the top of the keyboard. Have both logo and a blank one be shipped with the keyboard and let end user decide which one they want to use if any.

I like the looks of the old logo. It was imbedded into the keyboard and not some cheesy looking sticker.

This is incorrect as are several of the statements and conclusions you edited out of your post. In short, you are saying that we are lying to our customers here and around the net. That is simply not the case.

I actually edited nothing out of my post. I edited it once to add the quote and response, and once again to add in the sunk cost issue, which I'd forgotten to finish before because, well because I'm a crap typist and I get distracted. NOTHING was removed. I'm sure that it's not intentional, but the least you could do is be honest.

I've seen this song and dance dozens of times from companies, and perhaps less surprisingly, politicans. The tone is always the same "Yeah guys, we listen, we promise we listen, we're really going to take all of your advice to heart, except that we're not going to do anything about it, but just trust us, we're listening."

Honestly all this stubborn misdirection just validated my concerns even more, and I'm not even sure if it's worth waiting to see if you guys fix this disater in any way, because it's becoming more and more clear that you won't. Regardless of whether it's what you're trying to do or not, the impression you're creating here is that you're trying to stave off this problem long enough to hope it blows over.

Just know that regardless of whether or not it does, you've lost me as a loyal customer, not just in your peripherals, but in your entire line of products. I can't trust expensive hardware purchases to a company that shows such careless decision making and dismissive community response.

Just know that regardless of whether or not it does, you've lost me as a loyal customer, not just in your peripherals, but in your entire line of products. I can't trust expensive hardware purchases to a company that shows such careless decision making and dismissive community response.

As I've stated in this and other threads, we genuinely hate to lose you as a customer. Corsair Gaming has been alive for less than 72 hrs. If you have made your decision based on what has happened in such a short period of time and you are comfortable with that decision, then best of luck to you with whatever brands you choose in the future.

i been waiting for this keyboard for a while but im sorry the "tramp stamp" kills it for me.

From me you have at lost at least 2 more keyboard sales. i know i wont make or break your company. But i have bought tons of cases, motherboards, ram and headsets.

I mean the logo looks like its aimed at 12 year old girls. really a heart in the middle?

Did you guys really do any market research or testing on this "tramp stamp" logo?

Also my group of gaming friends 5+ agree with my statements i have posted.

Corsair, please drop the "Gaming" line as soon as possible, delete it from your homepage TODAY and go back to being a PREMIUM brand. I'm sitting here with $170 burning a hole in my pocket until I can buy the K70 RGB keyboard with the traditional CORSAIR sails logo. If you want make a kiddy section or something where you can sell "special gaming edition" versions of your products with tramp stamps, flaming swords, unicorns, machine guns and whatever other nonsense the 12 year old segment is looking for.

You say that this is a minority but I see all your channels of communication being FLOODED with requests to go back to the old branding and logo. This might be a minority compared to the whole internet and people who buy PC components but you can bet your *** that this is your most loyal top dollar fan base speaking out. EVERY COMPANY THAT IGNORES THEIR HARDCORE FANBASE TO GO AFTER CASUAL MASS MARKET EVENTUALLY FALLS DOWN IN SALES. Look at Microsoft with their Xbone policy of weak hardware with cameras and gimmicks for the casual masses, all their hardcore fans begged them to change their strategy and for almost a year Microsoft ignored them and claimed to know better until it was too late. Now XBone is waay behind the Ps4 in sales, because Sony stuck with the wants of their fan base. Even Nintendo that got away with it for years is now paying the price.

Corsair is a much beloved brand that has rarely made mistakes, we're all ready to forgive you and pretend this never happened but now is the time to go into damage control. Sometimes a knee jerk correction is the right reaction.

Add me to the list, go back to the old logo, I've been using your products for years, in fact I have your 16 gb of your Dominator Platinum 1866C9 ram sitting on my desk for my new build along with a I7 4790K....the thing is I'm typing this on one of the frist K90 keyboards that came out....Might just wait for the Ducky to come out with the RGB Cherry blues later this year!

Archived