Corsair Community

Corsair Gaming and the Logo

Yellowbeard

We are still selling the original logo'd KBs. ::pirate:: Did you assume we weren't?

I really hope I can get one. But Right now, as we speak, I'm buying from a retailer a K70 Non RGB. Because it has the old logo on it. And because in my country (Argentina) nobody is yet selling RGB ones.

So right now, my official retailer, only have 5 non RGB in stock, and the next time Corsair send him new KB's all of them are going to be Corsair Gaming RGB.

I would love to wait a couple of weeks and then get my shinny Corsair Gaming K70 RGB with the extra sticker with an old logo on it. But that's not gonna happen. And TBH, I will not pay 100 bucks to get one sticker through fedex and Customs.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I made an account and everything just to post here that I will not be buying anymore Corsair products. I was currently recommending quite a few of your parts to people I was helping with builds.

I was waiting for the release of this keyboard, and I don't even want it anymore. Its stained by this whole logo situation. Instead of looking at corsair as this mature company, with a premium product; in my eyes its become this company that is trying to stay hip and with it. Little did they know that everyone looked up to them and respected them for keeping a mature, quality feel to their products.

You've let a lot of people down with this, including myself.

Oh, and Yellowbeard, being the marketing person you are, you should probably check your twitter.

Off to look at Cooler Masters keyboards!

Oh, and Yellowbeard, being the marketing person you are, you should probably check your twitter.

Lol of course, I actually thought he was promoting BinBot for a while :):

To the subject, I hope that everythings gets back to "normal" and I can get a K95 and M65 for myself for X-mas without that weird new logo.

Would you mind finding a compromise, like the changeable plates?

I agree with the changeable plates. They should even think about allowing customers to order customized ones. Look at Astro A40 Headsets and how the side covers are removable and customers can have customized ones made. 3D printing is becoming cheaper every year. Before know it will be able to design and make our own logo plate.

If Corsair did that this whole issue would go away.

I agree with the changeable plates. They should even think about allowing customers to order customized ones. Look at Astro A40 Headsets and how the side covers are removable and customers can have customized ones made. 3D printing is becoming cheaper every year. Before know it will be able to design and make our own logo plate.

If Corsair did that this whole issue would go away.

Personally I think the decal/plate is part of the problem. The new logo looks tacked on to the keyboard, while the old one looked like it belonged there. A decal with the old logo would certainly be an improvement, but it would still look poorly integrated into the keyboard.

the brand simply dont reflekt a gamer for me.. its a simple thing that tells me corsair thinks theire customers are 12yo children...

Honestly give us a "Designer name" to crucify !! ;)

Lol, this is exactly what I've been asking. We NEED to know the name of the designer, better yet, the name of the guy who approved.

Well I also created an account and decided to give my opinion on the whole discussion:

First of all: I love Corsair products for their elegant and professional design that sets them apart from other companys like razor that go all "gamery". I think most people know what I mean by gamery: a young and "hip" look that most of the time also looks cheap despite razor products being quite expensive.

And this is why Corsair is my go to Company; while the products are more on the pricey side you get what you pay for: quality that lasts. And I for myself would buy one 200€ keyboard over 4 50€ keyboards every time!

Now to the logo: I don´t like it and I think the most people don´t. I´m not hating on it that hard; i get the whole idea of daggers being "piraty" but still it does not appeal to me what so ever.

And from what I can tell most people either dislike it or at best dont care : ~2-5 out of 50 posts on the Corsair Gaming FB page were positive, one guy just wanted the new mouse in replacement for his old one but I still will count him towards positive :).

And while its true that people disliking something are by far more likely to comment on the whole debate than people who like it at least the majority of the feedback is still negative as far as I can tell.

Also I like the idea of a gaming Sub-Division and would love Corsair as a Sponsor in E-Sports etc.

To conclude:

Does the logo bother me?

YES very much so.

Do I know how no fix that problem:

Hell no! I´m sure that is it not as easy as "just change it back and all will be fine" and if so it will probably at least be very expensive.

Will it keep me from buying a K70/K95?

Maybe. I can´t tell yet and I will probably have some time before the keyboard will be released in Germany with MX-Browns so I have time to let the whole thing settle.

Do I have any Ideas how to fix it?

Well the whole changeable logo thing looks like a good idea but i don´t know enough about production processes to judge how long it would take or how much it would cost to do such a thing.

Also thank you to listening to customer feedback and doing you best to make everyone happy.

Last: The one thing I´d really like to know: If you come up with a solution will this only be for new keyboards from this point on or will you also include keyboards that have already been bought? Because if old keyboards will be included there will be nothing to stop me buying the keyboard of my dreams with one little imperfection, that will eventually be fixed.

Regards,

Also: English is not my native language so I apologize for all spelling and grammar errors

I just went to Best buy, and bought a m65 mouse, and vengence 2100 headset. They were the last ones of each, and the new "Corsair Gaming" logo were sitting there, and didn't even have a price tag yet.

It was quite obvious that they planned to replace the normal logo Corsair products with the new logo products from the fact that all the old logo stuff was on sale.

Corsair it's simple, you don't need an economist to roughly figure out what's going on here. The RGB line is probably the most anticipated keyboard in history, probably about half the people that were going to order it have ordered and just didn't care about the logo change or didn't care enough to not order. Probably about half or at least a good 30-40% that would have, did not because of that logo change and the new found association with being a kiddy brand.

I guarantee you that NO ONE decided to buy the keyboard because of the new logo. Logos just aren't that big a motivator except if people hate it. Basically what I'm saying is that at best a logo can be excepted as alright or kind of cool but doesn't affect your buying decision, at worst you are discussed and don't buy something because of the logo.

Everyone is telling you that the logo and "GAMING" brand sucks even though the keyboard is good. You are responding saying "well it's still selling so the logo must be good" which is a stupid argument. If Ferari changed their logo on their new hoover car with infinite mileage to a lady with a mop guess what? It would still sell out when a new car launches due to it still being a fricking ferari that is better than anything the competition has. That doesn't mean that long term you will not loose sails (pun intended) and start creating a bad name for yourselves.

Literally NO ONE is standing up to side with you on this, so you are coming across as that friend that is making a stupid decision where EVERYONE tells him or her but you are just blind to taking anyone's advice. I learned in my 20s that usually when everyone I know is against something I'm doing or thinks I'm making the wrong decision they are right. No matter how stubborn I was at the time. If everyone see's it but you, trust me you are in the wrong.

Would you not laugh at Asus if they launched all their X99 motherboards as ROG's and said they need to expand into the gaming motherboard segment more so they will no longer sell non ROG motherboards. You'd be laughing your *** off at how stupid they are being.

Stop being all offended that everyone is saying how stupid the "Corsair Gaming" branding is and fix this situation. No more analysis is needed, everyone hates the new logo, and yes many people are still buyiing it. Hell do a Star Wars and sell a damn voutcher for the non "Gaming" tramp stamp version that you can fufill within the next few months. FIX THE PROBLEM IT'S GONNA KEEP GROWING.

Came here to make my voice heard, after waiting patiently for this keyboard, I too and very saddened in the new branding, if I want to use the keyboard at work the G word (gaming) is toxic, and the logo is just yucky.

People like Corsair because it so far has been restrained and tasteful, leaving the garishness to other brands. Let's keep it that way.

To be honest, this would be a nice option.

You don't want to kill the "Corsair Gaming" brand? Nice.

What about something like this?

It keeps the old logo, the Gaming brand, and eliminates the Yellow.

Simple, Black and grey. Black+Grey will not alter any custom PC setup.

:)

EDIT: Just saw "trickatreat" design. Nice option :)

Dear Corsair,

I just registered to voice my opinion. I've been a Corsair fan since 2003, starting with my first memory purchase. I am currently now looking to start my 2015 build and looking to spend several thousand dollars on equipment.

Being brand loyal, I am looking to spend heavily with Corsair. Corsair Case, PSU, Memory, CPU cooling, and keyboard are all on my planned build.

That said, you've really thrown a monkey wrench in my plans with this new branding. I have to voice my displeasure with the current rebranding marketing. I feel you're sacrificing a key part of the enthusiast market to cater to those who might not have the resources to actually buy your products.

Let's be honest, a consumer who is willing to drop $170 dollars for a keyboard is looking for something that is perfect. Some might say that a logo or badge is insignificant, but when you look at what people are building... you realize that it's all part of "building the perfect machine."

The logo badge really messes it up. Enthusiasts are drawn to your stuff like the Obsidian series and (formerly) your keyboards because of the sleek metal and subtle branding.

Corsair Gaming goes directly against that. I know you see Razer and Logitech Gaming and you want a piece of that. Let me give you a bit of advice -- don't. It sets you apart. While everyone else is making stupid designs on their equipment, yours looks awesome.

I was going to be a release day buyer for the K70 RGB brown. I am now holding onto my money to see what you do next.

Do the right thing.

Almost perfect, just needs to loose the word "Gaming". Just because it has RGB lights, doesn't mean we are going to use it primarily for games.

Fair enough, I bought a K65 RGB and have no intention of gaming. But, I understand gaming is probably the largest market they're targeting so it probably makes some sense when marketing does their grid.

I'm not sure what else to call it, so we'll just leave it like this for now:

OMKNImD.jpg

Hey guys.

I want to be clear and candid with you. I'm a Corsair employee, I'm former press, and I hate PR speak as much as the next guy. When I was writing for AnandTech it was very easy for me not to understand the nuances of what goes on inside a business, and why decisions are made. Now that I'm inside, I have a clearer understanding of why tradeoffs happen, why sometimes unpopular initiatives occur...

The reality is a complicated one. At Corsair, we have to recognize all of those internal factors. But we also have to remember that not only are you, the customer, not aware of them, but you shouldn't have to be. So there's a tricky balancing act in place there.

So I'll level with you. I understand the move is controversial. It can be hard to visualize, but try to understand that Corsair isn't a giant corporate monolith. It's a group of individuals, and they all have their own opinions. But because we do represent Corsair, we can't publicly express how we might feel as individuals. What we CAN do is continue to discuss things internally and pay attention and LISTEN to you.

And that's the brutal part for you. Whether we agree with you or not, we can't acknowledge it publicly, we can only discuss it internally and try to do what we think is best for the company. What's best for the customers (collectively) is best for the company, since you keep us alive. We cannot conceivably please everyone, and that's an unfortunate truth.

I'm sorry if this all sounds like nebulous corporate doublespeak. Just know that there are people here who care, and we genuinely are listening.

Every time I hear something begin with "I'm sorry if..." It sounds like another conditional accusation, like we're misintepreting it. Sorry, but it sounds like corporate doublespeak because that's what IT IS. Over the last 15 years or so I've seen my share of it, had to spout it out myself a few times, and even written some up myself. I know what it looks like and thi s is absolutely it.

You CAN acknowledge it publicly. You choose not to, and that is what "corporate monoliths" do. Inspired, agile companies full of dedicated individuals are frank with their customers, and don't screw around with them hoping the problem will go away on its own, telling them "give it time."

So sorry but, everything you guys claim you aren't, everything you claim you're not doing, or trying not to do, you are in fact doing.

At this point, I'm not only swearing off of corsair products, but I'm actively sharing this view with my friends, other gamers, my MMO guildmates, co-workers, and even adjusting my product reviews on retailer sites to illustrate that I no longer trust you guys to make a quality product based on a clear pattern of doubling down on a clearly ill-thought out decision. Bad logo on its own.. easy mistake. It happens. Companies make marketing blunders. Telling what was up until now the most loyal segment of your customer base to (paraphrasing) deal with it, and that they might learn to like it if we "give it time" (corporate doublespeak for "we're going to hope we can string you along until you lose interest in being mad"), is a sign of a company that lacks direction, lacks vision, cannot respond to problems, and honestly has no true pride in its products themselves.

EDIT (Since last time I didn't point out exactly what my edits were I was accused of cherrypicking info out of my post):

There are a multitute of options available to you.

* Tell every loyal costomer who is concerned with the direction of this change that you don't care what they think (which is what you're doing now. We're smart enough that telling us "we care" and following it with paragraphs of "no we really don't care" written between the lines doesn't fool most of us).

* Go back to the old setup completely. Admittedly not easily feasible.

* GO back to the old logo, keep the corsair gaming sub-brand. Not great, but you get to still justify all the money you wasted overpaying people who don't know what they're doing to blindly copy a marketing trend.

* Keep the idea of a new logo, but tweak it to address concerns.

* Offer replacement labels for products that are marked in such a way (admittedly will not probably work on the mice, since the logo seems more integral to the design.

No matter which option you choose, the worst thing you could possible do is continue the song and dance you're playing out now, trying to convince everyone you care, that you listen, when each and every sentence and action you make after that assertion indicates the exact opposite. That kind of behavior cripples brands, relegating them to a position of contempt within their consumer base. Some take years to recover, and some brands (and even companies) die outright when they never recover. Others, who respond quickly, and HONESTLY take in customer feedback, have occasionally even turned it into a massive, positive opportunity to rebuild faith.

Archived