Corsair Community

Vengeance 2000 causing Overcurrent on USB

Hirujira

As the title says.

I sat at my laptop (Asus g74sx) as usual and I was about to recharge the headset. Suddenly a message popped up and said that it was a overcurrent on one of the USB ports. And now my headset is useless.

What do? Is this a warranty sort of thing?

Well, I tried now, and its not doing anything. But I found that it drains the all the power from the USB ports on the left side the computer. I have the recharge cable and an iDevice cable in the two ports. The iDevice cable will stop working when I plug the recharge cable.

Try the dongle on a different USB port on a different computer.

If there is no L.E.D. blinking or Windows is not detecting it request an RMA to replace the dongle.

Also, based on the iDevice cable and recharge cable from the previous post, It sounds like there may be a problem with the laptop. I'd suggest you contact ASUS and see if it's an motherboard issue.

Try the dongle on a different USB port on a different computer.

If there is no L.E.D. blinking or Windows is not detecting it request an RMA to replace the dongle.

Also, based on the iDevice cable and recharge cable from the previous post, It sounds like there may be a problem with the laptop. I'd suggest you contact ASUS and see if it's an motherboard issue.

The dongle has nothing to do with recharging the headset, I tried to recharge it using an other computer, didn't work. And all my other usb devices work in the pc's usb ports.

Archived