Corsair Community

Corsair Strafe RGB chrome logo/badge lettering coming off?!

CTV

Hey Guys

I got a Strafe RGB in December and have generally been happy with it, until I noticed something this morning only. I have a missing letter "I" in the chrome logo/badge "CORSAIR" just below the brightness and windows lock keys on the top right corner. So basically it is says "CORSA R". See attached image.

The protective film that covered the logo/badge was removed after a week or two's use after I was satisfied that the keyboard was working, just in case it had to go back. When I removed the protective film, it came of easily and did not resist or stick when it was removed. I am fairly confident that the letter "I" did not come off then as I am sure I would have noticed it.

I take extreme good care of my possessions, especially by PC and have no explanation as to when and how this could have happened. Has anyone experienced the same or similar issue or are there any other known reports of this? Thanks.

Regards,

CTV

1020244850_StrafeRGB.jpg.f3da60cc27c0a38ecd615686f863a28c.jpg

Sent the keyboard back to the reseller/retailer (AdvanceNet) which had the distributor exchange the keyboard with a new one within one day of collecting it and delivering it back so a big thumbs up to #advancenet and whichever one of the 2 distributors in my country it came from.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Corsair Employee
yes my corsair logo as all gone, i just wipe it with a clean dust cloth and logo just came off not good for a £140 keyboard...

I wiped mine pretty hard with my fingers and they are nowhere near coming off. Maybe the edges got caught on the cloth, pulling the sticker off?

• 9 months later...

I have the same problem with the letter I. clearly another production fault.

I've owned so many Corsair products and each had their problems. Faulty memory. Cases with burning fan adapter. Cases with whistling sound due to failed design. Scimitar mouse where left click sometimes doesn't register.

Thank god I didn't buy a Corsair PSU which I was planning on.

Corsair is crap quality and the support is even more terrible. I'm definitely moving to other brands. They aren't even responding to my ticket with number 6855225 & 6846958 for the faulty keyboard guess I'll send it in through the shop.

http://i.imgur.com/zXZxsa5.png

• Corsair Employee

Let me check with customer service to see what is going on with your ticket. The ticket should have been responded back to within 24Hr.

Edit: I was able to get a different associate to help you out and is currently responding back to your ticket. If you have any questions, please let me know.

• 1 month later...
Same thing happened to my Strafe logo when I was cleaning the keyboard with a cloth. Pretty bad considering how expensive it is.

Yup it sucks. I think they initially planned to put some media keys in the spot where the logo now is, but changed their mind during the project and slapped a $0.25 logo on it to save cost.

It's a production fault for sure but they won't stay behind their product and sort the customer out in a proper way. They sent me a new logo to slap on the keyboard but it came off right away.

I don't even want a completely new keyboard replacement (not that Corsair would ever do this) because the logo will come off again down the road. It's pretty fail. I took off the remaining letters so it doesn't look ghetto. Though now i got a big empty area.

Worst $180 spent. I remember how Logitech would easily exchange their products and replace it with a better model. Anyway lesson learnt. It's not wise to put all your money in one place.

Yup it sucks. I think they initially planned to put some media keys in the spot where the logo now is, but changed their mind during the project and slapped a $0.25 logo on it to save cost.

It's a production fault for sure but they won't stay behind their product and sort the customer out in a proper way. They sent me a new logo to slap on the keyboard but it came off right away.

I don't even want a completely new keyboard replacement (not that Corsair would ever do this) because the logo will come off again down the road. It's pretty fail. I took off the remaining letters so it doesn't look ghetto. Though now i got a big empty area.

Worst $180 spent. I remember how Logitech would easily exchange their products and replace it with a better model. Anyway lesson learnt. It's not wise to put all your money in one place.

Just seems to be a minor defect, contact support. At least you don't seem to have a defect with the board itself.

Noticed a crack on the keyboard

Such flimsy plastic material. I thought this keyboard would last me a long time cosmetically. It's starting to fall apart after 12 months of use.

http://i.imgur.com/yYzvlsF.png

If your Strafe is basically falling apart, RMA the damn thing. These things shouldn't be at this low level of quality. :/

• 3 weeks later...
I have the same proble as the TE. Honestly I don't want to send my keyboard back and be without a keyboard a couple months. But it's bad quality overall considering the money I spend. My Strafe RGB is only 1 month old. The K70 with the Stamp Logo I had before was rock solid for years.

I have the same proble as the TE. Honestly I don't want to send my keyboard back and be without a keyboard a couple months. But it's bad quality overall considering the money I spend. My Strafe RGB is only 1 month old. The K70 with the Stamp Logo I had before was rock solid for years.

Probably low quality adhesive. Either try applying stronger adhesive, or just scrape it off. :P

Archived