Corsair Community

Won't let monitor go to sleep.

For a good couple of months now my monitor won't go to sleep. It's easy to check this, I just set the timer to 1 minute and after one minute the monitor goes back for a fraction of a second and lights back up.

Today I started troubleshooting and started unplugging my USB devices one by one. The culprit is my Corsair Strafe keyboard which when unplugged lets the monitor go to sleep normally.

Initially I thought the problem could be related to iCUE but even if I close iCUE and stop all related background processes the monitor wont go to sleep if the keyboard is connected.

I also have an Ironclaw RGB mouse so it's not generally "Corsair" related since having only the mouse connected and iCUE running does let the monitor go to sleep.

What can I do?

I have noticed this on occasion as well, but have not located the origin. It does not happen all the time and usually changing the time setting in Windows makes it work again. I don't think we have any of the same hardware, but it may not need to be model specific or it could be device type or neither. So far, toggling from my normal 10 min to another time, apply, and then changing back resolves it.

I have noticed this on occasion as well, but have not located the origin. It does not happen all the time and usually changing the time setting in Windows makes it work again. I don't think we have any of the same hardware, but it may not need to be model specific or it could be device type or neither. So far, toggling from my normal 10 min to another time, apply, and then changing back resolves it.

Worth a shot I guess, thanks for posting.

• 3 weeks later...

I found the problem and it's completely ridiculous.

I own a Microsoft All In One Media keyboard and have the dongle connected to the Strafe keyboard. Apparently the M$ board won't let the keyboard idle or something which explains why I managed to let the monitor go to sleep when I disconnected the Strafe KB (which included the dongle).

Now that I removed the dongle from the Strafe KB the monitor goes to sleep.