Corsair Community

I just want to buy a K70 LUX RGB with blue switches. Is that too much to ask??!!

tineras

EDIT 2: I sorted it out. See http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=164329

EDIT: I have read some official replies from a while back (from Corsair) that the RGB blue switch would be discontinued for various reasons, but mostly due to low yield and lack of demand compared to reds/browns. After fiddling with the UK variant I ordered (see below), I can say two things. First, the tactile response and clicky-ness varies quite a bit from key to key; some keys feel better than others, but none feel good. Second, they feel a lot more spongy than the blues on my Ducky Shine 3 which has a nice, sharp tactile response and audible click. Honestly, they almost felt like browns.

I suppose I'll have to just wait until Cherry gets the issue sorted out or settle for something else.

--- Original Post ---

I bought a LUX RGB a few months ago with brown switches for work (quieter to respect coworkers). I wanted to test it out and then buy one with blue switches for home if I liked it. Well, as I (and everyone else) found out, they are now impossible to find. You ask on the forums and people just say to "sign up for the newsletter" or that "blue RGB switches are hard to manufacture", but it's been months now and they are nowhere in sight.

Out of desperation, I bought one from Amazon's UK store (for ~$200) not considering that the layout would be different (mostly my fault, but the layout picture on both web pages is identical), which is annoying to use. I don't feel like going through the hassle of sending it back (out of the country). Honestly, I have no desire to use it. I may sell it, give it away, or just *redacted*. I briefly considered buying yet another (US layout) brown or red switch version and moving all the (UK layout) blue switches over where possible, but I honestly don't have the time for that right now.

I have a lot of Corsair products. I just want to buy a freaking US blue switch version of the K70 LUX RGB.

WHAT IS GOING ON?

WILL WE EVER BE ABLE TO BUY ONE?

This isnt a problem with Corsair. Cherry cant get the switches right. The blues go through more QA where a lot of them are hand checked. So unless you sign up for the newsletter it will be extremely difficult to get one.

there's no point in Corsair selling you keyboards with broken blue switches.

Archived