Corsair Community

Corsair Force120 S.M.A.R.T. Command Failed

Commander

Hi, recently i used my SSD for my laptop but after i got home from vacation i wanted to use it for my main computer. After formatting it and installing windows on it i noticed that few days after that it would not boot giving me an error on BIOS BOOT and also not being detected in bios as a boot device or hard drive for that matter.

Error= SATA2: CORSAIR CSSD-F120GB2 1.0

ULTRA DMA MODE-6, S.M.A.R.T. Capable but Command Failed

Hard Disk:S.M.A.R.T. Command Failed

Press F1 to Resume

Any info about this?

Best Regards

Commander

Can you get the disk to boot to the OS or attach the disk to a working system and check the firmware using a utility such as Everest or Crystaldisk?

This was my systemdisk so i have no other OS. I could launch a kubuntu live cd but what utility should i use?

I have not touched the firmware on it so it is the same as it is shipped with. Also i did not know that there was several firmwares for it?

Best Regards

Commander

Hello.

i've the same problem with my 2 F120 drives.

All the time i start my computer i receive the message :

S.M.A.R.T. Command Failed

the problem dont occurs with my all other hard drives.

I dont have any performance problem.. just this message :(

my firmware version is : 1.1

Hope this is the correct link (it's the old german Gigabyte-Forum): Beta BIOS

The only confusing thing is the description. It is still "Solves SMART Command Fail with ******** Sandforce FW 1.11", but i guess, this applies to all SSDs with Sandforce SF1200-Controler. Could this be confirmed in this forum?

Yes, the problem is the same all SandForce based drives, not just that brand. Using the new BETA BIOS worked for me here using a Gigabyte P55A UD3 board which is listed as one of boards affected by this.

Hello.

Verry nice support from Corsair...

Tested the new Beta bios F13K for my Gigabyte EX58 Extreme and now i dont have anymore the error with the F120 SSDs

The hard drive detection on the computer start has been speeded up too :)

Thanks to all :)

Commander do you have try to?

• 4 months later...
I've updated my Gigabyte EX58-UD5's BIOS to version 13J Beta and i still get the SMART command failed error. A have FW 2.0 on my F90. I don't get this error on every Boot, just sometimes. Any ideas?...is it bad?..shoud i get another SSD? Before this beta version of bios i had f10 and f12, same problem

Archived