Corsair Community

Need Help ASAP!

smithy1294

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

code 10 again then. It should show as a 'HID-compliant device'. Only thing you can try (again) is to uninstall it and reboot with as many USB devices disconnected as you can, obviously you'll still need your keyboard/mouse. It looks like there is no easy answer for this issue.

We've already seen that other USB devices can interfere with the driver install, whether through bad drivers or whatever.

Also the software itself is not 100% stable.

All setups are different. My pc had no problem flashing the firmware or running the software, but my system is different to yours (even if it had the same hardware there would still be a difference).

Corsair inherited this system from CIS, and it was buggy from the start. I believe what they've done is try to fix the errors rather than start from scratch.

Whatever happens now it can only get better. I took it upon myself to try and understand the issues and try to sort them out. But still, there have been hardware changes throughout production of these coolers that just make the problem worse.

More testing is needed. Not just with motherboards, but as it is a USB device they obviously need to test with as many USB devices and configurations as they can.

It doesn't help resolve your problem, just explains my beliefs.

The cooler installs as 2 devices.

First is the 'USB Input Device', that's the Corsair Hydro USB you see in CorsairLink. (the interface itself as you saw a bridge device being installled)

The second should be a 'HID-compliant device' in device manager. That's the cooler itself. You've got to check all the HID compliant devices for the hardware ID 'USB\VID_1B1C&PID_0C04&REV_0200', the same ID for both.

If it's not listed then it's a hardware problem.

You may be getting that code 10 because the cooler is not being seen.

If this is the case then i believe you have a faulty unit.

Microsoft's drivers are over 6 years old now. It really is time Corsair wrote their own.

Man i think i've done it, what you initially said was right!

What i did:

Thought hmm it always fails initially when its plugged in and i boot so i decided to power off unplug the usb connecter from the h100i and power on, waited til everything was loaded ya now the usual stuff and then once i was convinced it was finished booting and loading services i opened device manager made and plugged it back in then hit 'scan new hardware changes' or its called something like that, anyway that found the 'USB Input device' like you said in your previous post and loaded the whole found new hardware pop up box, which said it was scanning windows update which i canceled then it said it installed drivers in device manager but it still had the orange triangle thing didnt bother looking what it said at the time but i went to update driver then went to select my own and unticked compatable devices i then installed the standard USB Input Device again an voila that then kicked in found new hardware with the HID compliant devices, only thing i havent checked is Corsair Link but (fingers crossed) for now it (kinda) works :D

P.S sorry for the essay ^

Should have let windows update run it's course, but then the system should have the HID drivers already. I've amended my driver post with the info we've just discovered. Fingers crossed eh?

Essays are GOOD, more info the better.

My question now is 'Will it still be there when you reboot?'

Haha everything crossed at the moment just restarting and waiting for everything to settle down before I do anything again just to make sure currently replying to this off my phone an I don't wanna give out false information but i didn't let windows update run due to the fact that the drivers it installed everytime were from windows update and they weren't working (perhaps newer but not working drivers on windows update or old no idea) so I was hoping it might find working drivers in my system which it did but not fully still recognised it as a USB input device tho which was the start I needed to run the previous posts process :)

EDIT: CorsairLink 2.2 doesn't list the devices in the first tab but its in the option tab as Hydro USB version 2.0, i just need to know how to get it into that first window along with everything else plugged into the h100i

going to try re-installing cos cant remember if i installed corsair link before it recognised the device in windows or not :P

No. Hydro USB is just the interface (which I'm glad is working now).

The cooler will show as Corsair H100i Version: 1.x.x

Is the HID-compliant device listed in device manager with the correct hardware ID? That's the actual cooler.

Right i have installed 2.1.7 and it still detects the Hydro USB, ran update FW an it lets me select h100i, i select the H100i_v1.0.4.s19 file and then it says bootloader in progress then seconds later ERROR loading FW file :@ it then lets me close it, i re-open corsair link and boom no Hydro USB, only way to get it back is too restart :@

EDIT:

Why won't it detect it, do i have to flash it to detect it?

Archived