Corsair Community

Need Help ASAP!

smithy1294

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've discovered then when i first boot my system that it finds the h100i pump as the HID device in device manager, however as soon as i run the FW update in corsair link, this device becomes the 'unknown device' we were having earlier, and the only way to get it back to the HID is to restart this system, see this wouldnt be a problem but i dont have anything detected in CorsairLink as the screenshot shows

1.thumb.png.bebab613b5014adc2e3cddbb151e64c7.png

2.thumb.png.d3cfc3c9063636c1895a2d5f541862fb.png

mmm, d**n software. Is it definitely in device manager? (try the hardware ID trick again to make sure). If it's there reinstall the software. When you uninstall delete the corsair folder in C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Roaming\

Again try swapping USBs about.

I hope this is all fixed soon, it's all so complicated at the moment.

When did you first install it? If it wasn't too long ago, as long as you're not gonna lose any files, maybe system restore to before you first installed any Corsair software and reinstall 2.2.0?

As you've already updated the firmware it should all just go straight in.

To be honest I would now say hold off with the firmware and software till Corsair sort the bugs.

The cooler will run fine without any software (like the old H100) so long as you haven't got a hardcore overclock on your CPU.

Don't want to brick your cooler ;)

At least now it's recognised properly and I've learnt a few more things to help me help others.

Funny thing, out of the 10 units I've installed I've only had one fault (pins popped out of the fan splitter's plug)

The fact is it won't be recognised by 2.2.0 - you need the firmware update for that.

Maybe download 2.1.7 and run that? See how it goes? At least you'll then be ready to flash the new firmware (when it arrives)

Now things are getting really wierd.

It's recognised correctly in device manager but not by the software that's need to flash the firmware.

Honestly? Now I'd personally use it as is til we find an answer. No point leaving broken files all over your drive. Maybe corsair will see this issue and provide some custom drivers for us? We can but hope.

I don't think you should go any further for now. I'm still absorbing all the various info on these forums. Just consider it a H100 til we find the answer??

Unless one of the gurus pop in and give us the answer.

I'm embarassed. I'm feeling like I've been chasing my tail and wasting your time. I'm sorry I can't be more help atm.

Then do the update if you want to control the fans.

Remember that 2.1.7 may lose the unit after the update - that's when you should uninstall 2.1.7, delete the corsair folder, reboot and install 2.2.0.

That will give you full control

c**p is a strong word, but I agree

Wow. Some say use 2.1.1 for the flash, but from what I know 2.1.7 was the first with the H80i/H100i bootloader, which is needed for the flash.

If you read the stickied firmware guide it does say 2.1.1 for the flash. i used 2.1.7 without issue.

**try the 2.1.1**

Archived