Corsair Community

Need Help ASAP!

smithy1294

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

mmm. Have you tried a different USB header, it'll force it to be freshly detected.

Shame you haven't got a mini USB B lead to test in one of your rear USBs. Don't go out and buy one - that is just a theory that needs confirming.

I'm not giving up on you yet.

Your H100i is lit up blue or white, not red or flashing??

1. Right click the 'unknown device' and select 'Properties'

2. Select the 'Details' tab

3. Click on the drop down 'Property' box (should already say 'Device description') and select 'Hardware Ids'

4. You're looking for 'HID\VID_1B1C&PID_0C04' or 'HID\VID_1B1C&PID_0C04&REV_0200'

hahah yeh only got 2 'spare headers' however i have 3 in total and i have tried all 3, they all detect it but detect it as unknown, my h100i is changing colours its on a cycle or something its cool but does that mean its 'working' or not?

the id =

USB\UNKNOWN

Did you say you had USB keyboard/mouse? May be worth moving them to a different socket and trying again.

This is the first time I've come across 'cycling' colors. That must mean something i don't know about yet. What speed are the fans at?

Fixed it i believe... i was googling around and saw someone was having problems related to there usb headers that came from a incompatible pci usb hub thing, which i have one in my system and have never used so i thought hmmm, took it out restarted an VOILA (: the HID-compliant device with the correct hardware ID, thanks for all your help i really appreciate it but in the end it was down to faulty hardware haha we would never of guessed that!

So it goes down in my book that manufacturers rewrite their own HID drivers that stop microsoft's installing. That makes total sense and will probably be the answer a lot of users are looking for. Would also explain why units get bricked by the firmware updates.

We done good for Corsair here methinks. :cool:

I'm buzzin' for ya :D

And I can now confirm the 'Integrated USB Bridge' in 'Devices and Printers' is indeed H80i/H100i.

The other CorsairLink devices may also appear as separate integrated USB bridge devices. I'll confirm this when I fit the dongle for my psu.

Haha I must say I haven't tried as I haven't updated it to 2.20 yet however once I do that and update FW ill be sure to let you know for now tho I'm off to bed, I think you've deserved a break my friend, everything should be fine and (fingers crossed) easy pickings from here on out, again thanks a lot and ill report back whether its good news or bad (:

Sorry, I was under the impression you're running the PSU and the H100i through the Link Commander and the fans through the Cooling Node. Disregard what I said about Cooling Node (needing a FW upgrade) then. ;)

Hope you get everything sorted out.

Archived