Corsair Community

Port 1 and 2 overcurrent state After update

4 hours ago, Neozen666 said:

Corsair... Really? How do you make the situation worse?

New error with 5.12.97.

corsair wow.jpg

So don't update.. Jeez man.. What is happening here. Was this an icue update or a hub firmware update? 

Edited by Deaglenest

Updated to the latest iCue last night and received the Brightness Reduced error. I'm following the rules, no more than 7 devices on each side of the hub. Everything was fine before I updated. Extremely annoying. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Neozen666 said:

it was icue software update 5.12.97

Yeah I'm not even updating. Unreal to be honest. Two warnings is better than three.. Smh 

On 2/12/2024 at 12:21 PM, Corsair Mars said:

Hey I'm sorry for the lack of COMMs for this particular issue.

For some reason the FW is erroneously flagging an OCP error, likely because of voltage fluctuation or something else on the backend. We had a similar issue before and removed the OCP feature from FW, but added it back in when it passed regression testing.

The team is looking into disabling this feature again until we can confirm 100% for good that it's been resolved.

So if you've got this error and are way under the device limit, it's likely a false positive and we'll fix it ASAP. We're also (still) trying to ready a firmware update that'll expand the quantity of devices per channel slightly as well. If you are experiencing issues unrelated to the OCP error, please contact our support team so we can get you help asap.

So, I just got another warning for port 1 when there's NOTHING PLUGGED INTO PORT ONE.

Are we seriously going to wait almost 4 months in between messages from Corsair? What are you doing to fix this? When can we expect an update that doesn't amount to 'we're working on it, sorry for not saying anything for almost 100 days'? Is this how I'm going to be treated after buying thousands of dollars in Corsair products when I have a legitimate problem? 

Just updated my ICUE Software to 5.12.97 and also updated my firmware for all devices (Link system HUB is now on v. 1.8.369)  - The error for Port 1/2 went away completely, I also haven't received the brightness error that others are getting here.

I doubt this matters, but I also ran the Device enumeration on both system hubs right after applying the update. 

Just thought I would post and let others know that maybe this update did fix the error? Ill report back in a few days if the error pops up for me, but so far so good.

Screenshot 2024-02-28 160147.png

Screenshot 2024-02-28 160249.png

Wow, this is just getting more and more hilarious by the day. I tried to update my firmware, the update just didn't complete? No error message, no issue... Just nothing. Progress bar finished and the app closed. Now, iCue isn't on my system, I can't uninstall, I can't repair and I can't run iCue. It just tells me 'The last version has been installed' when I try to run either the uninstaller or installer. I can't believe this. I'm stuck now, in limbo with no way to control the link 😄

This is so awesome, I'm so glad I spent this much money on this! 

This just happened to me as well.  System was working good since I built it a week ago and today system just started to flash red and getting the same alerts as everyone else here and brightness reduction message.  I can bring them back but fully power cycling the PC.  Works for a bit and appears as I start something up fans start flashing red again.

Overcurrent Alerts - remove devices error

Brightness reduced due to power limitations

4 hours ago, Drethly said:

Just updated my ICUE Software to 5.12.97 and also updated my firmware for all devices (Link system HUB is now on v. 1.8.369)  - The error for Port 1/2 went away completely, I also haven't received the brightness error that others are getting here.

I doubt this matters, but I also ran the Device enumeration on both system hubs right after applying the update. 

Just thought I would post and let others know that maybe this update did fix the error? Ill report back in a few days if the error pops up for me, but so far so good.

Screenshot 2024-02-28 160147.png

Screenshot 2024-02-28 160249.png

How many fans/devices do you have hooked up to the hub? 

Also my errors would always disappear after I would force update the hub but only to return during or after a use session with the computer. 

Edited by Deaglenest

17 hours ago, Deaglenest said:

How many fans/devices do you have hooked up to the hub? 

Also my errors would always disappear after I would force update the hub but only to return during or after a use session with the computer. 

On 2/12/2024 at 11:21 AM, Corsair Mars said:

For some reason the FW is erroneously flagging an OCP error, likely because of voltage fluctuation or something else on the backend. We had a similar issue before and removed the OCP feature from FW, but added it back in when it passed regression testing.

The team is looking into disabling this feature again until we can confirm 100% for good that it's been resolved.

So if you've got this error and are way under the device limit, it's likely a false positive and we'll fix it ASAP. We're also (still) trying to ready a firmware update that'll expand the quantity of devices per channel slightly as well. If you are experiencing issues unrelated to the OCP error, please contact our support team so we can get you help asap.

@Deaglenest

I was having the same issues with previous updates, after a few hours the errors would pop up again. So far this time, this issue hasn't popped back up and this is day 2 with the update.

I'm using 2 hubs total:

I have 13 fans, LCD screen, AIO - Which gives me a total of 15 devices.

HUB 1 has: 8 devices total, 4 on left port and 4 right port. HUB 2 has: 7 devices 3 on left port, 4 on right port,

I did this originally because I thought it would solve the issue with the port overcurrent error ( this was before I knew it was a bug). It didn't solve the issue for me at the time, until now, this update seems to have fixed it (going to wait a few more days before I get too excited)

@Corsair Mars -  When can we expect a firmware update that'll expand the quantity of devices per channel?

Updated to the newest firmware, I have the 150 AIO with its included 3 fans. I got Port 1 overcurrent protection after the firmware update to 1.8.369 (The blinking red lights) but no brightness reduction error.

I thought this red flashing would have been fixed since 1.6.336 but I guess not. 😕

I have the reduced brightness error after firmware update. Also it gives me the overcurrent error only when i'm playing Halo single player, after few minutes fans start blinking red and i have to reboot the system. Temperatures and loads are fine. I'm doing tests but for now I'm only seeing the issue on Halo. This is weird.

Corsair really managed to screw up ICUE in the last few versions. High CPU usage, various bugs, sensor errors, firmware failures and corruptions...

I don't know how he hasn't sent the entire development team away and apologized to his customers. It's something very ridiculous for a company that charges a lot for its products.

• Sad 4

6 hours ago, Zambe said:

I have the reduced brightness error after firmware update. Also it gives me the overcurrent error only when i'm playing Halo single player, after few minutes fans start blinking red and i have to reboot the system. Temperatures and loads are fine. I'm doing tests but for now I'm only seeing the issue on Halo. This is weird.

That is weird

I'm literally scared to update anything because at the moment I only have the Overcurrent warnings and the system doesn't "seem" to be adversely affected, at least not yet. Scared my fan brightness is gonna get dimmed out or my fans flash red if I update anything. Guess I'll live with the Overcurrent Protection Warnings for now. =(

Hab das selbes Problem am 1.3.24 Rechner von Mifcom geliefert bekommen und er ist einfach unbrauchbar.Fehlermeldung und rot blinkente Lüfter sobald ich anfange zu Zocken.Mal schauen was Mifcom sagt und sollte das Problem nicht gelöst werden, fliegt Corsair aus dem Recher. Verbaut ist 1 * QX 120 RGB/9 * QX 140 RGB/ Corsair iCUE Link H170i RGB/LCD 420 mm

20240301_213414.jpg

20240302_114104.jpg

Just updated my iCue Link Hub from 1.6 to 1.8.369.  With version 1.6, I have alerts that port 1 & 2 are overcurrent ... but now fans also blinking red .... WTF Corsair ? At the price of your material, unable to make something working fine ?

If I forced updated, it works for 5 - 10 - 30 minutes, totally random time and restart blinking red with beautiful alert error OCP ... that sucks.

Can anyone recommend an actual way to escalate this for us all to follow? Corsair doesn't care about us posting in a forum they check once every 4 months; How do we contact customer service, obtain refunds, report issues, get service tickets or tracking data related to a case pertaining to the issue etc?

Commenting and posting do nothing, Corsair doesn't seem to care enough to even communicate. What do we do now? This obviously isn't high on their priority list, it looks like we're on our own from the moment we purchase their products (I'm typing this as my system flashes red). 

3 hours ago, ColeB said:

Can anyone recommend an actual way to escalate this for us all to follow? Corsair doesn't care about us posting in a forum they check once every 4 months; How do we contact customer service, obtain refunds, report issues, get service tickets or tracking data related to a case pertaining to the issue etc?

Commenting and posting do nothing, Corsair doesn't seem to care enough to even communicate. What do we do now? This obviously isn't high on their priority list, it looks like we're on our own from the moment we purchase their products (I'm typing this as my system flashes red). 

Plenty of people have tickets open in this thread.  If we are posting here its public and others can see the issues and corsairs response or lack there of.

On 2/12/2024 at 11:21 AM, Corsair Mars said:

Mr Corsair Mars, are there any new updates or developments you can share, a time line, anything? Please and thank you. 

I've changed my MOBO from Asus to ASRock because of intel NIC issues.
And... all my corsair problem disappeared.
No temperature spikes, no constant updates, no overcurrent mode, no display rotating... What?

Is the culprit if problem the somehow faulty usb drivers behaviour?

2 hours ago, Acrivec said:

I've changed my MOBO from Asus to ASRock because of intel NIC issues.
And... all my corsair problem disappeared.
No temperature spikes, no constant updates, no overcurrent mode, no display rotating... What?

Is the culprit if problem the somehow faulty usb drivers behaviour?

A lot of people in here had ASUS mobos previously with no issues, including myself until the updated iCUE versions came out originally, but who knows. 

20 minutes ago, Deaglenest said:

A lot of people in here had ASUS mobos previously with no issues, including myself until the updated iCUE versions came out originally, but who knows. 

Well, let me add to the fact that it was only the motherboard swapped.
System was exactly the same. I didn't install fresh windows.