Corsair Community

Corsair K100 freezes after latest firmware update

On 20/3/2023 at 0:04, Gracey said:

Podría valer la pena publicar sus registros la próxima vez que se congele. Nadie ha informado de congelamiento el 1.9.26 en el pasado.

Cambié mi teclado el fin de semana (que ejecuta 1.11.39 y se congela varias veces al día) por uno nuevo que ejecuta 1.9.26 que no se ha congelado en 3 días.

El mensaje (actualización fallida) es normal, Corsair desconectó la actualización del K100 para evitar que más personas actualicen el firmware problemático. Considérate afortunado 🙂

I also think it's the firmware but it doesn't matter which version I use, it keeps freezing, I returned the product and they sent me another one from the previous version, sold by Amazon and that version was worse, I updated again to the latest one to try but nothing... The freezes keep happening, you can see that it is a firmware issue because the same thing happens on my other computers with Linux.
By the way, thanks Corsair for blocking my previous comment for requesting a class action lawsuit for a defective product, to clarify, I am not asking for compensation, the lawsuit is more than anything to fix the problem of a product of more than 200 euros that does not do its job.
Many here have spent a lot of money on a keyboard that doesn't work and now you can't return it because the period has expired and the only thing left is to send it 1000 times for warranty?? without any result

Since you are not able to solve the problem, because you do not support yourself in the opensource community, surely some kind soul is encouraged to contribute to a project that already works with corsair products for linux https://github.com/ckb- next/ckb-next

Another option could also be that you delegate for linux at least since there is no official support in the community and thus provide feedback.

At least as a user it looks much better to see that they are trying to solve it by all possible means than not even giving any kind of answer and making the user dizzy saying update the version etc (knowing full well that this does not solve it)

I was reading a thread last night on the K95 freezing in exactly the same way. A number of users were able to solve the issue by running the keyboard through a powered USB hub, with the theory being the device was locking up due to insufficient or inconsistent power being provided by the motherboard USB ports.

I no longer have a K95 running 1.11.39, so I cant test it myself, but I would strongly encourage anyone that is to grab a hub and see if it makes any difference. Its vital you use a powered hub, one of the ones that have a dedicated 5V/2A power supply.

22 hours ago, Gracey said:

Estaba leyendo un hilo anoche sobre la congelación K95 exactamente de la misma manera. Varios usuarios pudieron resolver el problema ejecutando el teclado a través de un concentrador USB alimentado , con la teoría de que el dispositivo se estaba bloqueando debido a que los puertos USB de la placa base proporcionaban energía insuficiente o inconsistente.

Ya no tengo un K95 con la versión 1.11.39, por lo que no puedo probarlo yo mismo, pero recomendaría encarecidamente a cualquier persona que tome un concentrador y vea si hace alguna diferencia. Es fundamental que utilice un concentrador alimentado, uno de los que tienen una fuente de alimentación dedicada de 5V/2A.

this does not work, even so my previous keyboard is a k95 and it works perfectly with all versions

On 3/21/2023 at 10:17 AM, giz23mo said:

still no fix i take it? lol so much for an upgrade my k95 never had any issues. Wish i didnt spill coffee on it.

The same thing happened to me, I didn't really was thinking about upgrading to K100, but after I had an unexpected accident, which was that I spilled some liquids and that completely damaged the keyboard. It is really unfortunate that many of us  were exposed to the same scenario, and the worst is to pay money for such bad service!

This problem may cost many losses, for anyone whose work depends on something sensitive and in the middle of doing his work, the keyboard stops working completely, what foolishness!

Edited by xDatabus

Still no firmware updates for this, but not sure if a new version of icue, some other driver or a windows update has fixed something, but haven't had this issue for a month now.

On Windows 11. Only difference is I changed my memory from 32gb of 6000mhz gskill ram to 32gb of 5600mhz of corsair ram (old RAM was faulty).

Now that I'm posting this, will probably start happening again lol.

This issue is really spoiling a great product.

I just had the freeze where it keeps spaming random inputs... ended up sending a bunch of strange messages in WhatsApp / Discord as I was trying to click different applications not realising the keyboard was stuck.

Its becoming embarrsing... spent over £200 for a product, and we are nearly into the 4th month of this issue.

I am begining to wonder... is the issue something firmware cant fix?

While the posts to the community are appreciated.... some detail on why this is taking so long would be welcome.

Is it a lack of being able to reproduce the problem? Are you wanting more logs submited?

Please Corsair. Dont let down a great product with poor support.

• Like 2

Maybe my call has been answered?

I just got my K100 updated to firmware version v1.13.53 , not sure where to see patch notes for that... but it poped up today when I opened iCUE.

There is now a new firmware update v. 1.13.53. I've updated and hopefully it's main thing is to fix this issue.

Edited by Tiucaner
  • Thanks 1

En efecto mis amigos con la nueva actualización el teclado vuelve a desconectarse pero a diferencia de la anterior versión esta vez se vuelve a reiniciar automáticamente y vuelve a funcionar después de 5 segundos, considero que es un avance...

17 hours ago, Szene said:

I've updated as well and it seems to still be happening but it reconnects itself shortly after the freeze now.

Well, that's better. Definitely not fixed but a marked improvement. Haven't experienced anything yet but I also haven't used it for too long after updating.

3 hours ago, Tiucaner said:

Well, that's better. Definitely not fixed but a marked improvement. Haven't experienced anything yet but I also haven't used it for too long after updating.

I think I have seen this happen once too. Keyboard RGB just flashed off, then back to normal.

So far... havent needed to unplug/re-plug it. But then I usually only had it once a week or less, so will see.

5 hours ago, Moro said:

Try this guys 🙂

I have it on static color and the problem still happens. Funnily though, I also suspected in the beginning it was color related because when I got the keyboard I was using the rainbow wave effect and it was happening almost every day. I then changed to static color and it happens once a week. At the same time I had also disconnected the passthrough usb so that could have also impacted. Who knows hehe.

1 hour ago, Raphael Oliveira said:

I have it on static color and the problem still happens. Funnily though, I also suspected in the beginning it was color related because when I got the keyboard I was using the rainbow wave effect and it was happening almost every day. I then changed to static color and it happens once a week. At the same time I had also disconnected the passthrough usb so that could have also impacted. Who knows hehe.

I am using white as static color and didn't have any issues 😄

Corsair, I just left Razer due to poor after sales support, I exchanged all my equipment and you just leave us in the dark? Please, answer us! This firmware is a temporary solution? We need more information! Don’t make me dump Corsair too!

Also curious on some feedback from people who did update the firmware already or a answer from Corsair themself!

Right now I'm holding with the firmware update, because the issues as stated don't happen a lot right now for me.

• Like 1