Corsair Community

Corsair K100 freezes after latest firmware update

Sounds like they should recall this OPX models of this keyboard.

Something is seriously wrong with them.

Looking at the history of this ... they (Corsair) are getting away with this. People are still buying this keyboard and the effort they're putting into fixing this issue is very very little. So i've come to peace with it - it's not going to change. There won't be a fix of any other action from Corsair. In the future i'll avoid products of this company, because quality control and bugfixing is not in their culture

A bit of a offtopic rant but im going to abandon this brand as far as peripherals are concerned 

K100 being so quirky and random 🤪

Scimitar with a wheel that brokes if u dare to click it too much (even on the third revision of the mouse) and now non programable buttons on icue5

HS80 saving the mic state between profiles so if you muted on the profile of the game you just opened now your mic mutes and you have to move the mic up and down for it to unmute it

Corsair is the monkey paw of gaming peripherals 

Funny thing is that most of my problems could be fixed with software updates but they quietly solve my tickets without a real response 

@Corsair Nick
Any more updates on this issue? It has been like 8 months since this issue started. The is an absurdly long time to fix such a major issue.

Edited by josh125

Had another after well over 2 weeks if not more. Again after touching the Mute button or the Volume Wheel. This time iCUE crashed as well, not sure if because of the keyboard freezing or the other way around.

• Sad 1

@Corsair Nick

Ok, so still crashing here too, after 8 months. The crash/resets have been more sporadic with quicker recovery.

I have discovered a new crash tonight. When running iZotope RX10 Advanced Audio Editor, I run the dialog isolate function and it crashes iCue taking the keyboard with it. 100%. Every. Time. It may be more due to the CPU pegging when beginning that process, as I can run several less intensive operations safely.  During this time, I see iCue maybe attempting to restart, as the keyboard erratically returns to normal for a few seconds and then iCue dies again. 

[Updating as I run an operation...]

I just completed a 10 minute operation and had to restart iCue. Took about 30 seconds to come up and then it returns to normal. Sometimes, when it dies, the keyboard stays totally unlit. It still functions, though and the mouse pass-thru is still active.

I just set iZotope to affinity on only half the CPU's, ran it again. CPU of course only went to about 64% and no crash. Set the affinity back to all CPU's. Rerunning. CPU pegs to 100%. And crash. Aborting after 10 seconds. iCue recovered.

Outside of this issue, I do notice it crashing all by itself, even when I'm not at the computer. Sometimes, I am just watching a movie off my NAS. And I see, black, color ripples, pause, reset to normal colors. Sometimes the machine is totally idle. Is this coming down to an iCue issue after all???

I am running the latest software as of this. I am not running any iCue plugins.

iCue Version: 5.3.102

Firmware Version: 1.14.58

Stream Deck Version: 6.3.0.18948

@Corsair Nick
Can we have an update on this?

On 6/21/2023 at 3:43 PM, drwtsn32 said:

The problem happened to me twice yesterday.  Both times I was adjusting volume using the keyboard roller.  Ugh.

Came here to report that my freezing is gone (earlier) and it still is ...

... but now I have the absolute luxury of not using my volume control because on the off chance that I do it will lock 50% of the time and it rolls the volume to 100%. You cannot adjust it and have to shutdown. If you have nice speakers I'd suggest no longer using the volume control as this fried my my G560s (I was listening to Spotify via the web at the time) and they are now toast (I can't get any sound without static/tearing).

I can't return my K100 (or K65) but this is beyond frustrating.

Thanks Corsair, I'm out $250 on a keyboard and now $220 on speakers. You guys are awesome /s

Not sure if this warrants this post or not, but might as well give the heads up just in case. So my K100 hasn't frozen since my last post but by DARK CORE RGB PRO Wireless Mouse did. Could have been mere coincidence or for some other reason, who knows. But I was also forced to turn it off and reconnect it physically to the PC to get it to work again. This is the first time this has happened since getting it and I acquired it at the same time as the keyboard.

Edited by Tiucaner

Hopping in on this thread to say mine is also having issues.

K100 RGB 1.14.58

Crashes randomly, mostly during Diablo IV.  I thought perhaps it was due to the game integration since I've noticed alot more crashing since Season 1 started a few weeks ago, it seemed to help greatly but still crashes.

Usually iCue will crash with it, but I just had a crash occur in which iCue was fine.

I've noticed that the keyboard will still send whatever character I was pressing at the time of the crash, usually a long series of 1's or 2's.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a follow up on this issue, I did update to firmware version v1.14.58 like 1 month ago, but since the update I haven't had any keyboard freezes anymore.

Although now I have the issue that ICUE sometimes will just randomly crash and in some cases wants me to send a report to Corsair.

Also my ICUE Nexus display sometimes is lagging really bad, only way to fix this is unplugging the short USB cable/restart ICUE or swiping multiple times on the screen which will fast forward the animations on screen for a short while.

Might as well just refund the keyboard

Finally had a freeze since my last update which was about a month. Was watching a video file when the keyboard suddenly had the right arrow key stuck and lights off since iCUE was no longer detecting it. Again, no response to any input, had to physically reconnect the keyboard.

I have also been down to a rare hang.  I have noticed that the keyboard often does recover, but iCUE does not always. It has popped up a crash form twice. Otherwise, I have to kill the process and wait about 10 seconds for it to free up. Then I can relaunch. It is much better, yes, but not super reliable.

On 1/12/2023 at 1:40 PM, Corsair Nick said:

@Copper001 - Thanks for the additional feedback about the Stream Deck Integration and Stream Deck recently being installed on your system.  Can you confirm if the behavior continues after unplugging the Stream Deck?  Also, is yours the MK.2 or + model?

@FWWS13_Benni - Do you have a Stream Deck and the Stream Deck software also installed on your system?  If so, which model?

@BusPilot - Can you provide the additional information we requested, as well as if you have a Stream Deck and the software for it?

Problems not fix yet!!! I'm returning this POS!!!!!!!!!!

So update on the matter with the keyboard freezing, since I updated to the new firmware version v1.14.58, my keyboard freezing got rare, as you can read a couple of posts back ICUE crashes all the time nowadays.

But last night I had my first freeze of the keyboard with ICUE crashing at the same time after 2 months, since the firmware update.

The keyboard itself did restore within 15 seconds, but I had to start ICUE manually again.

So for people who still haven't updated their firmware version, please do this since crashes are becoming less frequent.

The fact ICUE crashes a lot can be solved by making shortcut in the start menu.

Hope this helps!

On 9/11/2023 at 7:52 AM, Ned-2600 said:

So update on the matter with the keyboard freezing, since I updated to the new firmware version v1.14.58, my keyboard freezing got rare, as you can read a couple of posts back ICUE crashes all the time nowadays.

But last night I had my first freeze of the keyboard with ICUE crashing at the same time after 2 months, since the firmware update.

The keyboard itself did restore within 15 seconds, but I had to start ICUE manually again.

So for people who still haven't updated their firmware version, please do this since crashes are becoming less frequent.

The fact ICUE crashes a lot can be solved by making shortcut in the start menu.

Hope this helps!

I have the latest update and it still acting up!